Fairy Cake: Violet

Beccah

AD-VioletFC_1.jpg\

Fairy Cake: Violet

A cupcake base fit for a Fae of our creamiest buttery vanilla oils, sprinkled with yu mmy candied violets and fairy-sweet pink marshmallow frosting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

VIOLET ~ Love, faithfulness, modesty; calming, balancing, healing, protection, draws luck & fortune, lust.

• 2 weeks later...

Omg this is nommy! The violet is sweet and femme. Not too powdery or mossy like it can get. The cupcake base is lovely. I don't get the pink too much which is good for me. The marshmallow adds the fluff. This is on my list for bottle contention.

Omg this is nommy! The violet is sweet and femme. Not too powdery or mossy like it can get. The cupcake base is lovely. I don't get the pink too much which is good for me. The marshmallow adds the fluff. This is on my list for bottle contention.

OH YES YES YEEEEESSSSS!!! You said it for me, halo! It acts exactly the same on me. I absolutely LOVE this.

:burning-heart::burning-heart::burning-heart:

I was wondering if this would be like An Act of Violets and it's yes and no :lol: While they are both candied-like, this has a creamier feel and smell - almost like a scented lotion rather than a perfume. This smells very natural, like it was in a body wash and your skin is just "supposed" to smell like this ^_^

If you love Sugared Violets or Lina's Candied Violet Fluff then you need this one, too! Wet, it does remind me a bit of the Sugared Violets, both have that crystalline, sweet candied violet fragrance. The Fairy Cake version stays sweet and candied, and has a nice balance with the vanilla-marshmallow. I'm not getting "pink" out of this at all, but that's alright, this is a happy scent that I will be happy to have a FB of!

Funny it's not candied on my skin! It's very sweet yes, but the way vanilla and rooibos are sweet - as an integral part of the flavor - it smells like bursting succulent fresh violets - it smells like what violets WOULD smell like if they were a gushy fruit like peaches. :) this one has not morphed much during the testing other than the cake coming out just a bit more, but on me it was pretty present from the get go. Top fb contender

Although I've known for years that I prefer sweetened violet scents I've never actually owned one, though I did have a yen for Possets' Silver Violets for a long time. But this just makes me want to burst out in Capslock: ZOMG PURPL GIMME NAO

*ahem*

So yeah, it's so yummy and cute and I want to twirl about and make dainty motions with my hands.

Now I remember what it reminds me of: as a teenager I had a collection of Sanrio's Little Twin Stars-related stuff and one of the things was a pen with a star on top and it had a tiny bell inside the star and also scented ink - and the entire thing smelled just like this. I'm assuming it was meant to be grape or something.

• 2 months later...

"Make dainty motions with my hands"... ha ha ha! Priceless, I would pay money to see a video of you doing that! :D

I LOVE this! I love violet anyways and I always wish I saw it in more scents. This one will be a full bottle for me as it smells heavenly AND lasted all day on me! Yay! Aside from that, I think everyone has it covered! On me, its more violets than cake, but the cake is definitely there. Its a pinky kind of cake too, not too buttery. I'm finding these are pretty hit or miss on me and this one is definitely a HIT. I only have a Lil sample now. Can't wait to slather this puppy on!

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet, soft, candied violet petals, just like the kind you might decorate a delicious cake with. Gorgeous, light and airy. A very uplifting violet scent. I've discovered that violet scents make me feel very calm and content, and only wish I could bathe in this one every day!