Fairy Cake: Water Lily

Beccah

AD-WaterLilyFC_1.jpg

Fairy Cake: Water Lily

Fresh aquatic water lilies slathered with cotton candy frosting, crown a cupcake base fit for a Fae of our creamiest buttery vanilla oils, swirled with caramelized brown sugar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

WATER LILY ~ Purity of heart.

• 2 weeks later...

WHAT?!? Nobody has reviewed this yet???

Well, I'll start. :CHEERS~19::dreadlocksnaner::woohoonaner2gy:

On my skin, it starts out as a very sweet, candy-like floral, with maaaayyybe a bit of somethin' underneath. As it warms and gets into drydown, I get this gentle aquatic component to the floral. I know...*water* lily...yeah. I was expecting it to smell like lotus, but I just did a little research and whoa. They are related, but not at all the same. Glad I now know the difference, because I've seen both and it just did not register in my doofy head! B)

Back to the Fairy Cake...I wore it once to bed, and I'm wearing it a second time now. When I wear this on the inside of my upper arm--which I'm doing now--I get less cake. When I wear it on the back of my hand, I get more cake, but the water lily still dominates. As this wears, the lily backs down and gentles, its sweetness tempered by the aquatic bit. It's almost like adding a touch of the smell of fog, if that makes any sense.

At this point I have no idea of the extreme drydown, but on the whole it's very pretty. Because it stays very sweet on me, it's not my favorite of the ones I've tried, but I do like it. I prefer it lower down on my arm where I get a little more of the cake. :)

It's almost like adding a touch of the smell of fog, if that makes any sense.

Yes! It does! Like mist over the water maybe? I like the water note.

However this one isn't working for me. Not because of how it smells - well, I guess not exactly, lol. This went straight to my sinus', my eyes watered up and my nose went stuffy and then some sneezing commenced! Something in this just blew me up! It didn't happen when I was snoofing all the vials a few days back, but once I put it on my skin my head went haywire :( I have Sea Lily and absolutely ADORE it! While I was still able to smell this through my stuffy nose, the lily is still very pretty and seemed to be forward but alas I had to wash it off. I've had very rare few LPs that have maybe caused a bit of snifflage or stuffiness but this is the first time anything like this has happened. I'll hang onto it and trial it again at a later date. Maybe with all the allergens kicking up in my area at this time of year I just had a fluke reaction?

This is so pretty. I had this on for a good part of yesterday but I could not find the review thread. Thx ESOP for finding the thread and the excellent review.

Basically I wholeheartedly agree with ESOP.

I usually like Water Lilly, but I was wondering how it would would play out in a Fairy Cake scent.

It's a pretty and softly rounded aquatic floral, poised on a very gentle vanilla cake. I don't get a big cake note, it's barely there adding a soft whiff of vanilla to a feminine summery floral. Its just very pretty on my skin.

The aquatic element of the floral is well balanced, It's all girl but not super sweet. I could already feel the flip flops on my feet and smell a flower in my hair. I think I'm on my way to those 12 bottles easily.

Edited by StacyK

Oh my goodness, this is sweet and fluffy and so completely different from my experience of water lily in general...and I LOVE IT. I get a floral aspect but I can't really identify it as water lily, just a nice bouquet within the sweet notes. This is absolutely everything I love about gourmand florals: the balance between the fresh bright characteristics and delicious sweetness...infinite yum!

Yet again I want a fragrance I never thought I would have any interest in wearing, wow.

I love how the fairy cake treatment is doing such unpredictable things with florals with my chemistry. eg fresh had a waterlily perfume ages ago that was one of my all time favorite perfumes - incredibly true and fresh. This smells similar in the vial - similar both to the fresh perfume and to the real thing - but once my skin got hold of it the cake immediately came out (unlike w/ some of the others), and the combination went surprisingly super commercial-perfumey - not necessarily a bad thing, but on me, not my favorite of the bunch. cf the lilac cake, which I would have assumed would be the MOST likely to do that, and it doesn't. I am thinking of puttinig this into a spritzer and making a room spray :D

• 3 years later...

My bride got a sniffee of this in my latest order and it really smells fantastic to my nose.  She loves it, too!  It's very sweet and slightly floral without being overpowering from either the sweetness or the lily.  Very nice!!  Anything that makes her smile while she's healing is a very good thing.

• 4 months later...

This was a sniffie free sample I got in my second order. It's definitely aqua in scent, and sweet... I'm not sure what to make of this but, every time I smell and wear it I think of a fruit gusher -_-. I guess giving me childhood fruit snack vibes haha.