LP Summer Solstice 2008

OOH! My beloved LP Pink has competition from this one! Delicious, lovely, luscious! The mango and cantaloupe blends perfectly with the ambers and honey. I am not good at coming up with descriptions of scents, but let me just say that I couldn't keep my wrist away from my face! The Love Potion base is decidedly present and is a perfect foundation for the additions of the melon, honey, and amber notes. If they were a chorus, one would hear the harmony yet still be able to detect the individual voices.

Absolutely perfect.

:D

I think this is my favorite of the LP versions so far. The June fragrances are really making me rethink my attitude towards fruity scents-- I never thought I liked them, but along came Liberty Belle and now this! This smells like fresh ripe melon and honey to me, without the underlying resinous note I often get from other LPs. Amber is often overwhelming on me, but not this time.

OOH! My beloved LP Pink has competition from this one! Delicious, lovely, luscious! The mango and cantaloupe blends perfectly with the ambers and honey. I am not good at coming up with descriptions of scents, but let me just say that I couldn't keep my wrist away from my face! The Love Potion base is decidedly present and is a perfect foundation for the additions of the melon, honey, and amber notes. If they were a chorus, one would hear the harmony yet still be able to detect the individual voices.

Absolutely perfect.

:D

This is good to hear. I somehow knew I would probably like this one. I ordered two sample size vials of this but I'm wagering that I will purchase the full size bottle of this.

Thanks for the review

djac

I agree with the reviews thus far on this one.....it comes on like a delicious fruit salad at first, and then dries down to a beautiful soft vanilla with a hint of fruit in the background.....yet another masterfully created scent from the lovely ladies!!

• 1 month later...

The first thing I noticed when I applied this potion was the strong fruity scent of melon and peach notes. On me, this fruity notes last for a long time. Then came in the creamy notes of vanilla and sugar. As much I liked the concept of this fragrance, I found the fruity notes too cloying. I don't plan on buying a full bottle of it.

Gonna have to try ths one soon!

Yes, you are! It is very nice, indeed.....

Edited by Dolly

The first thing I noticed when I applied this potion was the strong fruity scent of melon and peach notes. On me, this fruity notes last for a long time. Then came in the creamy notes of vanilla and sugar. As much I liked the concept of this fragrance, I found the fruity notes too cloying. I don't plan on buying a full bottle of it.

It is definetly one of the sweeter fuller scents, but if you are one who likes fruity/foody scents it is a great one to try. I have a bottle on the way and am VERY excited!!! This scent is so full and delicious a perfect summer scnet and one that would probably be great in the winter for a "summer pic me up" :offtopic:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

This is my favorite fruit scent. I'm amazed at how strongly the mango and canteloupe are and that they manage to not fade or get lost, which is something I've noticed is rather common in scents that contain these scents. And it really does remind me of summer, fresh and sweet and wonderfully ripe with opportunities. This was the first 'summer fruit' scent I've tried ever that remained very true to it's wet aroma.

• 11 months later...

Even though I'm normally a little leery about any type of melon, it takes a backseat here and really lets the wonderful ambers and honey shine through with a bit of mango (not too much as too much mango is cloying to me) and a hint of coolness that's brought on by the melon but doesn't scream MELON. A lovely bottle of sweet summer sunlight that will probably help cheer up winter blues too :)

• 2 years later...

A lovely generous person gifted me a sample of this and it's absurdly delicious.....sigh. At first it reminded me a lot of Perty Flirty, then settled into a thick ice-creamy mango-flavored version of LP Original. Off to add to "begging" section of my trade post.