Dragonfly

Beccah

AD-Dragonfly_1.jpg

Dragonfly

Exquisitely beautiful, a scent which evokes the lush atmosphere of Summer but also a refreshing aura. A blend of rare lavish blue lotus, watery bamboo and leafy greens, refreshing green tea and a base of silky smooth Indian white amber.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

LOTUS ~ No man can refuse the woman who wears this; lovers reunited, protection. Symbolizes intellect, mental energies and illumination. Inspiration, clarity, purification.
BAMBOO ~ Protection, hex breaking, luck and wishes, fertility, wisdom, feminine energy.
GREEN TEA ~ Invigorating, refreshing, mentally and physically uplifting, lust. Riches, courage, strength.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

• 2 weeks later...

At first it was very green and grassy on my skin. It then mellows out to a soft scent, where I can pick out some green tea and amber. I think if you enjoy the Wolf And The Shepherdess, you'd enjoy this too. This one does not have any of the "white" notes though.

Wet, it has a very "pointy" note I think must be the Lotus, but it quickly tempers...and is becoming a VERY pretty, moist-green scent. Tea is sometimes an iffy note on me, I'm hoping it stays as nice as it is right now!

ETA: This has stayed a lovely dewey green scent, what I imagine a dragonfly might be smelling as it zips around over pools in the meadows and woods! Gorgeous, and great for this HOT and humid day!

Edited by katz

A gentle ode to Goddess Of The Blue Moon. :)

But a green version.

BRB

It just screams LFM. Love it.

Edited by StacyK

Girls who love their greens will swoon! But Stacey is right! It's got that dash of GOTBB vibe to it. It's nice and doesn't bite like these types sometimes do to me. It gets better and better as it dries down. I can never pick out tea in scents...have no idea what that smells like but obviously it adds to the atmosphere here. After the lotus backs down a little it's refreshing sweet grass.

Yes, this is BY FAR the easiest 'green' scent to wear that I've come across in a long time. I had my guy try it on last night with hopes it would be good for him too, but it's just a tad too sweet on him. I was hoping I'd have the excuse of a 'shared bottle' to order, lol!

FYI - The witchie bathing salts that I have in the store right now have a simplified version of this scent. :)

You KNOW I'm stocking up when I visit in Oct, right?!?!

I don't normally go for "green" type scents, but WOW. I think this is floral to me but something is definitely evoking aquatic. I didn't really think too much of this before trying it because it didn't scream "me scent" but it has really taken me by surprise! The tea isn't really a tea note but adds something clean and leafy, imho. I kept huffing my arm. It's light AND earthy at the same time. I don't foresee a FB, but I definitely can see enjoying my sample! ^_^ I was also thinking, with how Cotton Candy Dreams is on dry down, if it would layer well and soften and sweeten this and how they would smell if I applied a smidge of each together...

Something stands out in this that I can't identify... perhaps the lotus (?) Admittedly I don't think I know how a lotus actually smells. That being said, it still is one of my top 4 in the NR, and I layered it with Sugared Bamboo (which I ADORE) and it's moved into the possible FB category for me.

All of these NRs are so different (IMHO) I've been with LP long enough now that when I smell NR's I my mind often immediately makes an olfactory link to another LP that's similar. But this time around so many of them are completely unique on me. How Mara continually comes up with new lovelies is amazing.

Edited by LoveStruck

I was thinking this reminded me a bit of Flowers in the Moat? It's that sweetness combined with the greenery effect of it, I think. The airyness of the green tea is nice as well, gives it a refreshing type of aura. It's a nice weight for a summer floral.

FYI - The witchie bathing salts that I have in the store right now have a simplified version of this scent. :)

oh god I'd love to bath in this. I like Lotus and I guess I'm very susceptible to blue lotus. I always love that note.

This is just georgous. A very feminine scent with a ethereal quality. The blue lotus and bamboo go so well together. The woman that wears this is above the fray. Not intrested in the pettiness of the everyday mundane. A beautifully uplifting scent. Very water-goddess like.

Edited by StacyK

Mmmm, this is pretty!! I don't remember what GOTBM smelled like, I traded it away too quickly. But this does kind of have the feel of Hanagumori... a light sophisticated floral... I like it, but I have Hanagumori, which I love, so I don't know that I need a bottle. I'll keep my sample though!

Halo, like you, lotus sometimes bites me. Glad to hear this is a softened version. I lllllove bamboo, so this might just work.

HAHA, I read this as Halo sometimes bites you...

Edited for spelling

Edited by Bella15

But this does kind of have the feel of Hanagumori... a light sophisticated floral...

Yeah I was thinking of that one too, maybe? I couldn't quite recall.

I am typically terrified of blue lotus. It usually takes knashing bites out my olfactory system. I do not know how on earth you created such a soothing oasis. Straight from the vial, I knew this would be fine. I didn't know it would be exquisite. At first, the Lotus is front and center. As it dries, there is a slight whiff of something with a bit of camphor, but that changes quickly to something cooling that allows me to breathe all the way to my toes. The amber is so light that I hardly notice it. The bamboo adds a quality reminiscent of the texture of raw silk. After 30 minutes, this continues to soften. It wears truly light and airy, reminding me of the way shimmering dragonflies seem to float effortlessly above water. Really pretty scent.

ETA: I wore this to bed, and when I awoke, there was pretty dragonfly to greet me. Beautiful morning.

Edited by Wanderlust

I'm with Stacy K, I'm getting a greened up GOTB vibe from Dragonfly. It was a gorgeous aquatic floral that lasted all of about 30 minutes before my skin ate it. Still, very lovely.

I put trying this one off for awhile because it smelled too green in the vial. And it was too green for the first couple of minutes. but then a sharper note comes out that really caught my attention. Like Katz said, I think it's got to be the lotus. Then it smoothed down into this delicious, softly green, softly floral scent. I had to double check to be sure this didn't have any oak moss in it, because I get a light powdery vibe somewhat similar to Karmiel's Silken Moonlight. Very lovely and a surprise like!!

• 2 weeks later...

When I received my samples of August's new releases I thought it would be Garden in the Rain I would like out of the green scents but it turns out it is Dragonfly I like. When I first applied it I wasn't too sure as it was VERY green on me. But as it has dried down it has softened, a lot, to become a very pretty, delicate scent.

After my vacation I may consider a FB of this one.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still working my way through the July sampler and am testing this on one arm tonight.

Lotus is generally pretty iffy on me, but it's playing so nicely here! I think the bamboo is what does it for me though. There's just something about this bamboo note that I find so soft and relaxing. On the whole, Dragonfly smells fresh, clean, and watery, and I don't know if it's my imagination, but it reminds me just a little bit of LP #7. It's very ladylike - almost too ladylike for a girl like me. But only almost. ;) I think this is gorgeous. I might even be able to fool people into thinking I'm a lady if I wore it out.

Now that I'm thinking about it, it's the kind of perfume I was looking for the other day when it was so hot, I couldn't bear to wear a scent because they all felt too heavy for the weather. This would have been perfect.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Glad I just saw this because I realized that I never reviewed it. It's been a while since I wore it because with everything all covered with snow I'm just not feeling the summer scents right now - but this one is a definite winner for me. It's fresh and green straight on and stays that way for hours. I don't get much floral out of it - just enough to take the edge off the green but not enough to dominate by any means. Neither the amber nor the green tea is obvious to me. Now that I think about it, I can't wait to wear this again.

I wear minimal amounts of perfume and people rarely comment but this was one that other people noticed. I was told I smelled "amazing" - and I agreed!

• 2 weeks later...

Its abit too green for my liking. Very beautiful and genteel scent but its just not me

Same here. It's quite lovely but I'm not sure it's "me," however, I'll think on it for a while. I could see myself layering this with other floral scents that I feel like making a bit fresher and greener.

Edited by Witty Kitty

Dragonfly begins quite green on me. Lush and fresh. During wear, the lotus begins to bloom into a beautiful watery floral. It makes me imagine being in a canoe, gliding slowly along the water past reeds and exotic captivating lotus flowers, while soaking in the warmth of the sun. Me not rowing of course, lol

• 2 months later...

This was so unusually pleasant for a green scent! I had smelled like nothing like it ever and got a FB. It is very green, very watery and not pointy at all. I do not really know what lotus smells like or bamboo on their own, so it must have been those notes that caught my attention enough to get a FB. It is not sweet. The tea pops out a little in, but does not overwhelm this pretty fragrance. It is delicate and serene.

I agree that it a very wearable green scent. Just lovely!

• 6 months later...
Magic is in this bottle. Either that, or there is no such thing as a muggle dragonfly :hello: There is an aquatic environment, and then there's a sparkle in this that represents the dragonfly zipping over the waters. How clever!

I've never used these ingredients before, so I'm not sure if I'm just attracted to a single one, purporting it to have that zing, or if it's the general synergy. I wouldn't consider this a bright tangy type of zing, though.

Whatever this magic is is what I imagine the scent effect equivalent to be for DHEAS.

Edited by Ivysaur

• 1 year later...

If ever there was a scent that was me in a bottle, this is it. OMG it's so nice. Why don't I have a bottle!? It's green without being too green--you know that kind of green that almost clears your sinuses? This is softer. 

I smell delightful. I love it when I smell delightful. Of course thanks to Mara, I smell delightful most of the time.