MOIST w/ Hedione for women

Beccah

AD-Moist_1.jpg

Moist

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

NIGHT BLOOMING JASMINE ~ Love's vigil. The intoxicating scent of these heady blossoms is fabled to inspire lust clouded sleeplessness.
MAILE ~ Wedded love, fidelity, friendship, affection, protection, sex, divination, healing, stamina.
DELPHINIUM ~ A magickal representation of "air". Symbolizes heavenly qualities. Swiftness, lightness.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness
and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
MUSK ~
Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

• 2 weeks later...

This is moist jasmine on a hot summer day, all the way. The jasmine note reminds me of the note used in To Soothe A Broken Heart. Since I prefer the brighter, cleaner jasmine notes, I will not get a bottle of it, but it's still a beautiful scent.

I sniffed this out of the vial yesterday, when it came. I couldn't resist. So far I like it. It's a very light, clean floral. I do like to let my samples sit for a week before testing, so I'll see if it changes.

It is a very clean floral. On wet I get a good dose of Jasmine. I don't get the heavy indole odor on my skin like I get with the earthier "Indian Jasmine".

The Jas mellows quickly and it becomes very soft and fresh. It's a clean Jasmine floral scent. More water/floral/clean, it's not a Soapy on my skin.

I can smell the other notes under the jasmine but they are restrained. I think this is very pretty. A great fresh, slightly aquatic, floral.

The musk is very soft.

On the longer dry down this is very pretty. It's a very smooth, clean floral scent. The Jasmine & Delphinium become very soft and lay close to the skin. :)

In the dry down it definitely reminds one of a quality commercial scent. But, in a French way. It would go so nicely with some Lingerie.

I'm glad I got a bottle. Nice.

Out of curiosity which is the note that's gone? is it the Hedione and/or one of the florals.

Edited by StacyK

I had very high hopes for this one because I'm quite anxious to test the hedion hypothesis. I know I applied waaaay too much (for me) because the floral aspect really slammed me up against the wall. I'm not one to lean towards florals anyway, but I would say this one has a lot of 'throw' ... resident phero-guru Halo I believe told me that hedione definitely helps with that. IMO I smelled like my grandmother - heady jasmine - just not "me". HOWEVER (you knew this was coming) I do want to try it later, after a bit of aging (and be considerably more delicate in my application). This might be a good one to layer with some yummy sugared or fairy cake that will help it lean a bit more "foody" for me. I can be swayed....

Out of curiosity which is the note that's gone? is it the Hedione or ?

All the ingredients Mara used for this one are gone now, that's why I described it thus - she can't rebrew it.

All the ingredients Mara used for this one are gone now, that's why I described it thus - she can't rebrew it.

Ah thanks. The dry down is amazing. So nice. I updated my original post a few times. Could not stop sniffing. :lol:

I'm so very glad I took a chance and went FB on this, it's *gorgeous* on me! The combination of ingredients has almost a dark berry feel on my skin as it dries. My fella likes it quite a bit as well. We'll see about the Hedione's effectiveness, he's got H2O-O-O on...

OK, so as I type this, I am huffing my wrists on and off. When I opened the vial, the powerful, floral blast almost made me hesitate. Almost... but I applied a healthy dose to my wrists and the initial intensity faded. It is aptly named, since it evokes an undeniable aura of wetness. The type of wetness one associates with the scent of a garden after a summer rain. Blooms moistened and warmed and emitting that certain type of something that flowers ONLY seem to give off after a tropical soaking. It is VERY well blended. No in your face, indole induced, olfactory orgy of Jasmine as I had expected. It is subtler,softer. I don't know that I would call it "pretty" in a classical sense. It is far too interesting..too fascinating to be merely pretty. Yes, it is fascinating, which brings me to the crux of my impression of Moist. On my skin, as it has dried down, this very much brings to my mind, the haunting scent of Fascination Potion. I do like this very much as to me, it is "quirky," and I do tend to be drawn to all things quirky. I am huffing again and pick up only the slightest, whispered suggestion of something remotely, ever so faintly indolic, but I think you would have to already be looking for that illusive hedione. I am not yet certain if I feel compelled toward a FB of this, but am very happy to have tried it. It is fascinating..and undeniably compelling somehow. Wow.. ETA, As this has settled in, it has become soft and powdery and slightly sweet. Very, very subtle. Sort of a clean scent and unmistakably feminine!

Edited by Rose Blackthorn

This hedione ingredient was aptly named, both lp's with it stir up a pleasure buzz, kinda like the vibe, (not the scent) leather does in some blends. Except I get a more giddy, sexy feel from this heodine as with leather more of a high. The scent is also complimentary to the mens version in that they are both wet scents, (mens oceanic, womens rain garden). The scent has a soft, mellowing jasmine w great throw and my skin doesn't eat this scent up like the fruit lp's so there's staying power.

I'm not usually a jasmine girl, but this is a very clean, pretty jasmine scent. I don't need a bottle of it, but I will probably keep and enjoy my sample :) It dried down into a beautiful, just-out-of-the-shower weekend-morning kind of scent.

On me, this is a more intense version of something like Just A Little Naughty/Naughty But Nice. Like more of a fresh jasmine blooming in the backyard kind of thing. It has that weighty indole kind of quality. But at the same time I really do get that airy vibe of the Hedione. I like it, and appreciate its inherent qualities, even as I don't think I would wear it, just because I prefer a jasmine blend which is softer and/or sweeter. But this is one of those evocative three-dimensional type of scents which Mara does so well.

I have to agree with the "slightly aquatic" StacyK mentioned, but I only got this first on. I thought I would like it because it's jasmine but I don't particularly like soapy scents. I was so glad that - at least to me - this doesn't come across as soapy floral ^_^

It's very floral forward after the initial dry down and, to my dismay, threatened to really amp there for a bit. It may be a fragrance I need to wear under my clothes on my torso like I need to with the scented CB. It DOES have wicked throw, but once it settles down it's a very clean - not soapy - floral. I don't know how much hedione it would take to test, but this could very easily be overbearing with my chemistry, so I'm not sure how much of it will be enough to test for more than fragrance.

Like Rose mentioned - there is something alluring, fascinating even, about the fragrance. Jasmine isn't really a great mystery, so maybe that's the hedione effect? Curious. Will have to give it a proper day long run to find out... :)

sooooooooooooo preeeeeeeettttyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy I can't keep my nose out of my elbow crook. Addictive in a way that has to be the hedione and/or the musk, as jasmine isn't my favorite. Not kidding literally can't stop. It throws suprisingly less than expected, relative to how much I put on. Now to go wave it in other people's faces to check effects :D

This is my second day wearing this, and I can't get enough of it!! I was reading through the reviews, and I couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting the jasmine and delicious florals you ladies were. On me, this was a bright, sweet, and almost fruity scent. Like Katz said, there's almost a berry vibe going here. I can't imagine what it is. could it be the maile? I know it's some type of Hawaiian plant, but I can't say I've ever smelled it. It wasn't until hours and hours later that it drifted towards a light, musky floral. I can identify it as jasmine, but it's not as heady as it usually is on me. Very clean and fresh, even after wearing all day. I had to grab a bottle of this quick!!

Also, I think I must be a hedione responder. Just like with H2OOO, I can't keep my nose away from the application points.

Edited by BlueBear

This is pretty and the long dry down is absolutely gorgeous. It DOES smell moist- like a wet humid climate with an intoxicating and alluring scent of jasmine in the air. Something about jasmine is so mysterious and sexy to me. Almost regal- like something I can picture old royalty or a goddess wearing.

This jasmine is sweet and I agree with everyone, almost fruity. It does not have that indole quality. The jasmine in this scent is addictive and almost bewitching. I think I love Hedione.

NIGHT BLOOMING JASMINE ~ Love's vigil. The intoxicating scent of these heady blossoms is fabled to inspire lust clouded sleeplessness.

I already have my nose glued to my wrist. It smells so good! I can't wait to wear this around more people to test Hedione responses.

Edited by hearts

Just some background for the curious....

Night Blooming Jasmine is actually an entirely different flower and family than 'regular' jasmine, but the scents have enough in common I suppose to share a name. Real jasmine is in the olive family, while NB Jasmine is in the potato family!

When I smelled the Hedione on its own, I thought not of real jasmine, but of NB Jasmine, so I designed the scent using only the NB to support and bolster the faint fragile scent of the Hedione.

To my nose, NB Jasmine is airy and watery and does not have the musky indole quality.

The descriptions of Hedione talk about the quest to find the scent of jasmine on the air, rather than the concentrated plant smell, which is why I went with Night Blooming rather than a Jasmine absolute.

NB Jasmine is extremely hard to find in oils, and some of the ones I used for this date back to the making of Mara's Magick over 10 years ago. I had been hoarding it because I couldn't replace it, and used up every drop I had on hand of multiple varieties to try to do justice to our maiden foray into the use of Hedione.

WOW! That's really cool! :girlHeart-5:

I like the "lightness" of this type of jasmine...if you've used up such precious goods to create it, then this is obviously FB material for that alone ^_^

So, Mara, that negates a rebrew request for Mara's Magick. I read the notes for it. I'm sorry I didn't know about LPMP when you created your Magick.

In terms of this new scent, Moist goes on soft. It is the refined string section of the orchestra rather than than the brass. Mara, your description is exactly right. This is so soft that it comes off as an elusive breeze. After the dry down, I detect what must be the Hedione, which as I breathe it in, seems to expand and carry the scent upward, filling my head in much the same way helium rises. It is a beautiful effect, adding to the above discussion of finding the scent on the air. The floral blend is seamless, delicate. The overall impression is kissing in soft focus.

Edited by Wanderlust

Night Blooming Jasmine is actually an entirely different flower and family than 'regular' jasmine, but the scents have enough in common I suppose to share a name. Real jasmine is in the olive family, while NB Jasmine is in the potato family!

When I smelled the Hedione on its own, I thought not of real jasmine, but of NB Jasmine, so I designed the scent using only the NB to support and bolster the faint fragile scent of the Hedione.

To my nose, NB Jasmine is airy and watery and does not have the musky indole quality.

The descriptions of Hedione talk about the quest to find the scent of jasmine on the air, rather than the concentrated plant smell, which is why I went with Night Blooming rather than a Jasmine absolute.

NB Jasmine is extremely hard to find in oils, and some of the ones I used for this date back to the making of Mara's Magick over 10 years ago. I had been hoarding it because I couldn't replace it, and used up every drop I had on hand of multiple varieties to try to do justice to our maiden foray into the use of Hedione.

Yes I get no poop at all. That's interesting it has the aquatic quality. IDK that. When I see the term "Night Blooming Jasmine" I generally know it will work for me. Now I know why.

Potato? really. Humm could we make Jasmine' ish vodka? ...

I guess I'm not using the right word then - I don't mean indole like musk/cat pee, but rather just a really voluptuous intense quality which those types of white florals can impart. Those kind are usually so heady to me, but this is in a good way, it's so real.

I love this scent. So clean and light and strangely alluring. It's a translucent green blue colour, and has a soft yet powerful presence that seems to shimmer and glisten in airy floral waves, like the scent equivalent of a calm breeze lightly rippling clear, pure water that glimmers and sparkles playfully as it's hit by gentle rays of sunlight.

I'm glad to see so many others describing this as water-y and aquatic.

After reading all the posts about the night blooming jasmine being so different it makes all the sense in the world why this is so different than my expectations. I don't KNOW if it's the Hedione swaying me, but the fragrance of the perfume is just reeeeeally lovely. It's long lasting, has excellent throw, is very distinct and yet isn't all up in your face slapping you around. :)

I think this is my favourite of the NRs. It's so pretty! I wore it last week, and the weather was terrible, rainy, and cold (for July), but I kept getting a whiff of some delightful scent, and then realizing it was me! I smelled like a tropical oasis in the storm.

Now, if all the ingredients are gone and it can't be re-brewed, I'm thinking maybe I need a full bottle.

Guest cutie.pie

It's very nice, light and floral... And very classy, feminine.

I don't know why but I imagine this one being worn by supermodels and others gorgeous, tall women we admire... And then there's me... A foody gal hahaha. It's not a me scent, but I'll keep my sample for the times when I wanna feel classy and like a supermodel.

Bravo on this one, for sure!

After a full test run of Moist yesterday (& skipping a shower last night & this morning), I'm sniffing the application points & there's still a lingering floral sweetness. Moist definitely has staying power. I don't usually find the lighter florals to have this kind of staying power, & I'm also finding myself with my nose glued to my wrists. I love the airy lightness of Moist. I'm going full bottle :)

ETA: I'm also wondering if the Hedione was a contributing factor to my emotional fortitude yesterday. I want to say it imparts a feeling of calm & well being.

Edited by Beccah

I love this scent. I can't figure out how it can feel both watery and airy at the same time! It's beautiful, and has an ethereal, lady-like feel to me - sophisticated. It has a real presence without being in-your-face about it, which in my book, is one of its greatest charms.

Of course, this was one of my real loves of the July collection, and BF can't stand it. He had the same reaction to the H2ooo too though, so I wonder if it's the Hedione he doesn't like. It's not often he reacts with such vehement dislike to a scent, but he actually recoiled when I had him smell this on my wrist, and then did it again when I had him smell H2ooo. Stupid man nose. It doesn't know what it's missing!

Indeed, Eggers. You see when I'm lonely & single at night; I simply spread all the LPs that my ex didn't like out on mah bed, lay down, gather them all into my arms & whisper "the next one will love you all as much as I do....." Well, not really but I'm going to, now.

LOL! Totally! I've kinda lucked out lately in that he's not home so much - lotsa shows, a few weekends away here and there. I can save the "unloved" for those times, I suppose. It's not my fault he has no taste! :lol:

Indeed, Eggers. You see when I'm lonely & single at night; I simply spread all the LPs that my ex didn't like out on mah bed, lay down, gather them all into my arms & whisper "the next one will love you all as much as I do....." Well, not really but I'm going to, now.

What an AWESOME visualization!!! :)

This is NOT cat pee jasmine--in fact I can't remember an LP that had cat pee jasmine--but anyway, it's not, so have no fear. While the word "moist" normally squicks me out, this actually makes me think of cool, clean, fresh water surrounded by tropical flowers. I think the musk (which I'm assuming is white musk) adds to that clean feeling. It's a sheer, sparkling floral that's a godsend on humid days like this.

I love this scent! My nose isn't nearly as sophisticated as most of you, so I'll describe it in phrases that came to my mind when I'd sniff my wrist: a breezy afternoon at the beach, the color aqua blue, complex (I smell many different things in it - just can't tell exactly what those things are), lingers nicely through the day, floral but not entirely, warm....I could go on.

The sample vial is not gonna last long - a full bottle will be in my future.

I wasn't sure what to think if Moist at first. I'm bad to break out the new releases and try 6 at once. It's tricky, but I've got a system. It does however, not always give each scent it's proper attention to allow for fair judgement. Today, I broke out this beauty for a solo trial. I tend buy in all oils and convert a portion of them when they arrive into sprays. I like having options. :say19: This is one I've converted to a small purse size spray. I didn't have it pointed in the intended direction when I sprayed, so I got a snoot full ... and I LIKE IT!! Oh my, it is lovely and yes, there is something water/aqua about it. It's amazing to me because although it has an aqua quality, I picture light, ever so faint, yellow. Almost like pastel, yellow blooms drifting down a refreshing, cool brook. Refreshing and energizing while still calming. It leaves an internal sense of bliss. The experience of this one is lovely.

I also have to agree. I think it was Rose who described it as fascinating. It is. It gets your curiosity and sense of intrigue going.

Now, as for the hedione ... um, yeah, it works as Donsie described. Quite well when you get the snoot-full I managed to get. :Emoticons0424:

(BTW, this was my first ever to buy an unsniffed fb ... great decision!)

Now that I have my bottle safely in hand, I can rave about this one! I will confess straight out -- I am a sucker for "there will never be another!" and also I had seen Night Blooming Jasmine listed in magickal ingredients lore, and thought, Oooh, I want something with that in it! So when I read that Mara had used up her stores of Night Blooming Jasmine it tipped me into "It must be mine!" territory.

That being said, if the scent didn't work, I wouldn't have gotten it. This is very light and airy on me -- the jasmine floats on a soft current of musk and the sugar is very toned down. As others have described, it's wonderfully evocative. I am getting flashes of a decades ago trip to Greece and the intense blue of the sky, the white sand, the bright hot sun and then all that water. Just gorgeous!

• 4 months later...

This smells very clean. Its kinda juicy kinda sour and has a sharp tang, it took me forever to figure out why im so intoxicated by this until i smelled my hottie cup of coffee...it actually smells like a "fresh edible" twist of my partner~

Its not sex smelling or anything. Its hardly floral at all but its a tad powdery. I cant really describe this properly since this just pretty much captured my mans smell in a vial haha