Parasol

Beccah

AD-Parasol_1.jpg

Parasol

Elegant...like sheer silk upon sun-warmed skin, a scent sophisticated enough for evening attire, pretty and perfume-y for any time you desire to shade yourself with our scented parasol. Half a dozen white musk varieties surround lovely floral layers of cherry blossom, plum blossom and Hawaiian white ginger, refreshing white tea, delicious touches of pear and coconut, and topped with a bright spark of lemongrass.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
CHERRY BLOSSOM ~ Education, feminine beauty, love,
transience of life.
PLUM BLOSSOM ~ Inspires & maintains love, protects dwelling against evil and intrusion.
PEAR ~ Love, lust, passion,
longevity
and luck.
GINGER ~ Fiery and
fortifying, induces passion. Intensifies love spells and success spells. Love, money, success, power. Ginger increases sensitivity in the erogenous zones.
COCONUT ~ Chastity, protection, purification, receptivity.
TEA ~ Invigorating, refreshing, mentally and physically uplifting, lust. Riches, courage, strength.

LEMON GRASS ~ Lust, increases psychic powers.

• 2 weeks later...

At first this is a little too perfumey for my tastes. Cherry Blossom and musks can do that to me but it does mellow out after a few minutes. I can definitely pick out the cherry blossom and a medley of other notes but nothing that is in the actual description! I don't know what Plum Blossom smells like so that may be throwing me off. It's a little soapy and not particularly for me but I know a lot of people are going to swoon for this.

After drydown I'm getting a perfumed forward white musk a hint of green tea and a subtle powder texture underneath, tho I don't smell the coconut or the cherry blossom I'm thinking those notes might be giving the slight powder texture to balance the musk. It wears close not a me scent but pretty nontheless.

Right out of the vial, this is cool, sophisticated cherry blossom with just the barest hints of pear and tea. On my skin, it becomes a perfume-y cherry blossom, maybe with a little hint of the plum blossom? The white musks seem to be a lot more of the sheer quality, as they are quietly staying in the background, gently supporting the blossoms. As it dries down, it's "warming up", the ginger is is making its presence known. Very pretty!

My skin amps the cherry blossome something fierce, so I'm not surprised this one is not working out on me. It's BIG blossom with tiny hints of pear...that's all I get. Again, I knew this going in, so I'm not terribly shocked.

Usually I am giving cherry blossom the side-eye because it doesn't smell right on me unless it is heavily-veiled in sweet accents - this is powdery-soft and sheer and just the slightest bit sweet, but well-behaved on me. It's one of those scents which makes me think of lingerie in its evocation. Wet, I get much more of the individual characteristics but on my skin it becomes blended to where I can't really pick anything out. This is definitely a I AM A GROWN-UP LADY type of scent, at least to my mind.

I am really shocked that there isn't any gardenia in this. Going in, Parasol was really soapy, but has ended to a straight up gardenia finish on my skin.

Guest cutie.pie

I am really shocked that there isn't any gardenia in this. Going in, Parasol was really soapy, but has ended to a straight up gardenia finish on my skin.

Good, I'm not the only one, it was soapy on my skin when I first applied it too.

I'm getting the soapy feel too. Started a bit floral- very cherry blossom musk and dried down to a clean soap scent. I want to smell like this after a bath, then snuggle up in cool sheets and inhaling this fresh, clean scent.

this is so, so beautiful!! If you love cherry blossoms, you will love this. It's a light floral scent without a lot of sweetness. The musk is of a soapy variety. The lemon grass and ginger are not prominent, but they do add a much needed edge to keep this from going off the floral deep end. The tea is understated but awesome! It's cool and refreshing and anchors the scent. A bottle for sure!!

Edited by BlueBear

Guest cutie.pie

This is quickly becoming the scent I am most excited to try.

I'm sure you'll get your package soon! :)

this is so, so beautiful!! If you love cherry blossoms, you will love this. It's a light floral scent without a lot of sweetness. The musk is of a soapy variety. The lemon grass and ginger are not prominent, but they do add a much needed edge to keep this from going off the floral deep end. The tea is understated but awesome! It's cool and refreshing and anchors the scent. A bottle for sure!!

I KNEW you were going to fall for this one. You are the Cherry Blossom Ho!!

I KNEW you were going to fall for this one. You are the Cherry Blossom Ho!!

LOL, yep! And I hadn't read any of the descriptions before smelling so this was a WONDERFUL surprise! The Marine thought it was "too floral." *roll eyes* I think I will stop asking for his opinion and buy them anyway. Plausible deniability. ;)

• 4 months later...

This comes off almost foody to me, the cherry blossom would probably be the culprit considering im getting a strong cherry note :D

This is another mellow scent, its almost like easther(typo??) Where its so close to the skin but it didnt fade away or get gobbled up like the other one did. Its watery, faintly floral, slightly sticky. Its hard to identify to be honest o.o

I just adore this scent! I cant even convey it properly... but i tried :x

• 1 month later...

Parasol is such a pretty fragrance. Delicate florals on a smooth, creamy base. Even at the soapy stage I enjoy it (I'm not one for "clean" scents). It's like a luxe soap that delightfully lingers on the skin.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

A clean, sweet, sheer floral, reminiscent for me of a soap my mother had when I was young; a very expensive high-quality scented soap. It is very well-named conjuring up the soft-focus effect of light filtering through a filmy parasol. Summery and delicately clean.

• 2 months later...

I've found this fun to layer. I wore this with Lace recently because I was in the mood to smell freshly-showered. Then I decided to play around with it and sweeten myself up a bit (it felt right, wearing Lace and all :P) so I dabbed a bit of Sugared Strawberries on top :)

• 1 year later...

I am currently at the squeaky clean stage of dry-down.  I think this may be too "clean" a scent for me.  I am smelling musk and I would almost describe it as "dusky".  It is a very clear "high note" sort of a scent.  Very elegant and refined.  A society lady scent.  Like Witty Kitty above, I think this scent may be good to layer to give a different subtle dimension to other scents for me.