Seaside Sizzle w/ Aja

Beccah

AD-SeasideSizzle_1.jpg

Seasize Sizzle w/ Aja

A luscious luminous scent which evokes the good times of hanging out at the beach and sizzling in the sun! Rich creamy cocoa butter finds summer romance with a blend of wildflower honey, Spring honey and plant-sourced honey (Aja), and a fresh topnote of hydrangea.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

HYDRANGEA ~ Hex-breaking, love drawing, lovers reunited, fidelity.
COCOA BUTTER ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.

• 2 weeks later...

This one really creates an atmosphere...the hydrangea gives it a very humid feel, and the cocoa butter and the honey emphasize that quality with a particular weight in their combination. But I don't know if I'm entirely sold for myself, there's a weird undertone on me, it might the Aja. But that aura of humidity, it's totally fascinating.

This one reminds me of Pherodise, but the Aja is definitely there, and I think it makes it smell wet/humid. Unfortunately something doesn't work for me, just like with Pherodise. If you like cocoa butter and Pherodise, I think you'd love this.

In the long drydown I've decided it's the hydrangea which is the culprit, because the cocoa butter-honey combo which remains is delicious. It has the same aura as something like halo's Angelique, though not exactly similar.

Well I didn't like Pherodise but I do like this one. I was scared this one wouldn't work because of the floral component. The Aja is juicy. The white chocolate is stronger while wet but really just adds a background creaminess after dry down. The hydrangea is absolutely gorgeous. I'm not a floral lover most of the time so this is a pleasant surprise.

The good part on this is after the drydown, it seems to be a manageable floral. To be honest, at the beginning, the cocoa butter smelled "roasty" on me like Dance with Desire (i think), not golden. And the hydrangea was sharp and sort of acidic on me. I put in on the outside of my hand and again on my wrist. So weird, but the floral was more pronounced on the back of my hand than on my wrist.

1 hour later, it is very much like pherodise (which I love)--no roasted notes and the cocoa is pretty mild. I was so worried since I went FB on this! On me, I just have to wait out the sharp to get to the creamy notes.

I was hoping this would have the Gold type of honey and cocoa butter on me, but alas. .. ..floral amps on me.

Well I didn't like Pherodise but I do like this one. I was scared this one wouldn't work because of the floral component. The Aja is juicy. The white chocolate is stronger while wet but really just adds a background creaminess after dry down. The hydrangea is absolutely gorgeous. I'm not a floral lover most of the time so this is a pleasant surprise.

Pherodise did not work on me either. Which was a shame because I love cocoa butter usually.

Put this on my inner arm. The first thing I smell is a big blast of honeyed hydrangea. That's all I get for 5-10 min. The honey is, on my skin, straight up traditional honey. Like the kind you squeeze out of Mr Honey Bear to drizzle on your oatmeal. As it dries down I begin to smell more than one honey.. it smells like 3 or 4 different types of honey. Mr Honey Bear is still there, up front. But, he's has company and someone has a little attitude, AJA?

I had to wait a bit for the cocoa butter to make an appearance. But it's finally come out. On me, ATM the Cocoa butter is very much in the background.

This is very sweet, feminine and perty as the notes mingle in the dry down. The floral, while very present, mellows considerablly and on my skin.

The honey/AJA blend is the headliner.

This scent does have a sizzle to it.

UPDATE!!!

I can't help but keep coming back to this and sniffing it. OMG. It's the same thing I had with Exotica, a big maybe.. then oh yea this will age so well.

On my skin it's just amazing. The dry down is almost sinister, in that this is SEXY stuff. I also like that it's for anyone.Some sexy scents are so kiddy smelling. I feel very comfortable. It's both sweet sexy & Sophiscated (if not a bit raw) sexy.

YES. I'm getting a bottle of this. I'm going to get a light cops boost too. I will put it in the back if the drawer and next summer I'll have a honey sweet sex juice. :)

Edited by StacyK

I sell Sizzle by the seashore cuz I'm hotter than Sally n her seashells!

Love, Love, Love the Sizzle. Smells like summery sex, with a dash of floral on me, but Aja loves me as much as I love Aja ;)

As usual I am trying everything without checking back to refresh memory as to notes. Wet, I said to myself, "there is something in this I do not like" - now I see it is the Aja probably, as I have never really gotten the hang of it. I tried and failed to identify the floral (I guessed night blooming jasmine, which I'm not a fan of). But, in later drydown, it is getting soft, creamy, and sweeter, and melding with my skin and doing that "oh I just woke up smelling like this naturally" thing. It has a luxuriant and very very upscale air.

Hmmm.. I don't even know how to describe this. It keeps calling me to sniff it again, so I'm pretty sure I like it.. LOL. It doesn't smell like Pherodise to me ( I love that one too) I think I'm getting the Aja over the hydrangea, because it almost smells like honeysuckle to me. The cocoa butter is super soft and not overpowering at all.

I sell Sizzle by the seashore cuz I'm hotter than Sally n her seashells!

Love, Love, Love the Sizzle. Smells like summery sex, with a dash of floral on me, but Aja loves me as much as I love Aja ;)

Fo shizzel! :lol:

This is still wonderful, if not more so. So damn sexy but in an "I'm all grown up" way.

If he wants an ingenue tell him to move on!! Actually this will tell him for you. You need skills for this lady. :)

Guest cutie.pie

This one is all about the honey on my skin... I'm gonna let it age a little bit and retest.

I'm still going back and forth on if I should get a bottle. I really like this. I think the hydrangea that's making me wonder. Anyway, I usually love Aja. The note is so mysterious and sexy to me. Not loud at all and not that "cat pee" type of honey. This is creamy cocoa butter with puffs of powdery sweet honeyed hydrangea. The longer I wear it, the more I like it. It has that addictive quality to it that keeps me going back to smell where I swiped it on.

I'm still going back and forth on if I should get a bottle. I really like this. I think the hydrangea that's making me wonder. Anyway, I usually love Aja. The note is so mysterious and sexy to me. Not loud at all and not that "cat pee" type of honey. This is creamy cocoa butter with puffs of powdery sweet honeyed hydrangea. The longer I wear it, the more I like it. It has that addictive quality to it that keeps me going back to smell where I swiped it on.

Oh god exactly. I went from ..um maybe..then.yes I 'think' I like this...to .. oh my god!!!! it's so sexy and has distinct phases. On my skin, first off I get a blast of honeyed/raw floral. As that calms down it's a bright warm sexy honey with the floral and cocoa butter mingling very nicely. Can't stop sniffing myself. The long dry down leaves me felling very all woman & Sophisticated, with a sexy edge.

I smelled this without looking at the notes. In the vial, it smelled wonderfully fresh and almost like sand and/or salt. On my skin it was the same. Gradually, I started getting more floral and a little more honey. It's a nice, middle of the road, not too smutty honey. The cocoa butter is warm and creamy. I wasn't getting the Pherodise vibe others were, but I was really digging this beachy scent...until Aja showed up. I really want to love the stuff, and I can definitely see its effects, but my skin just amps it to high heaven. It's all that's left of that wonderful scent.

Edited by BlueBear

I am standing in my kitchen on Saturday morning. The window is open and the air is carrying in the faintest floral. I have poured raw honey into a small dish and added fresh cream. I'm stirring it "Go 'round" style, in the way grandma taught me, making a striped slurry for my tea. I don't even wait for the tea. I spoon up some gold and pop it in my mouth. It melts and I'm in heaven. Warm, gooey-rich honey-cream goodness, and dew-fresh floral. Mmmhmmm, yes ma'am. This will do it.

Edited by Wanderlust

First of all, let me tell you that I grow hydrangeas all around my house and the hydrangea note is dead on. I was actually so happy to see this scent because I feel it's a flower that doesn't get as much play in perfumery as, say, the almighty rose or jasmine. I love how they honey and cocoa butter make the scent as a whole feel like a honey cake covered in hydrangea petals. It's also really soothing, kind of like when I sit outside and the breeze carries the scent of the hydrangeas right to my nose. If you liked Phantom of the Trailer Park (which was a lilac/gourmand combo), you'll love this.

First of all, let me tell you that I grow hydrangeas all around my house and the hydrangea note is dead on. I was actually so happy to see this scent because I feel it's a flower that doesn't get as much play in perfumery as, say, the almighty rose or jasmine. I love how they honey and cocoa butter make the scent as a whole feel like a honey cake covered in hydrangea petals. It's also really soothing, kind of like when I sit outside and the breeze carries the scent of the hydrangeas right to my nose. If you liked Phantom of the Trailer Park (which was a lilac/gourmand combo), you'll love this.

I agree!! well except IDK "Phantom of the Trailer Park" but that sounds amazing, scent & name wise. :)

I get a very true hydrangea scent. It was the same when I first smelled the Magnolia Fairy Cake. I had 'nolia pedals all over outside and I could not get enough of it. Mara has some wonderfully true florals.

Edited by StacyK

This is seasaw by the seashore, at first sniff from the bottle it was way up in my face, pungent seaweed like scent then quickly dove down to a soft, close to the skin honey butter note w both aja and hydrangea dancing together as a top note. A lot of movement for such a delicate scent.

Well now that I bought 2 FB's of this, I might as well admit publically that this scent ...turns me on. No Kidding. No phero blend needed. Instantaneous, strong arousal. And Im totally unable to describe the scent, because it just lobs me deep into my nervous system and bypasses all thought. Yes folks, that strong.

I love this scent. But it makes me a little self conscious to slather because of all the mixed reactions to Aja. I think it smells great and very light. But it seems like the perception to Aja is so varied...

I'm still on the fence.

Edited by hearts

I love this scent. But it makes me a little self conscious to slather because of all the mixed reactions to Aja. I think it smells great and very light. But it seems like the perception to Aja is so varied...

I'm still on the fence.

By who? What type of hits have you had with it? Curious. :)

Just took this for a spin outside, another scent that just gets even better when mixed w a lite summer breeze. I recognize it now as a very sexy scent. I've had positive hits just from going to the store a moment ago, aside from nods and smiles as I entered, one guy gave me cuts in line and the one one guy in front of me turned around to show me a magick trick lol, "give me your hand I'm gonna make this coin dissapear" and he did. Silly rabbit.

By who? What type of hits have you had with it? Curious. :)

I haven't tested this out in public yet. I just meant here in the LP forum. People seem to either love it or not like it at all.

I've worn Aja on its own to bed before. BF made no comment about it- but I didn't ask either. I woke up on the middle of the night though because of the intense honey smell. I personally think it's very pretty.

I haven't tested this out in public yet. I just meant here in the LP forum. People seem to either love it or not like it at all.

I've worn Aja on its own to bed before. BF made no comment about it- but I didn't ask either. I woke up on the middle of the night though because of the intense honey smell. I personally think it's very pretty.

oh! ok I get it. I think it's down to chemistry. IMO solo it's a bit shocking at first, like cops are. But, after you are familiar with what it is, while I'm not a fan of it solo on my skin, it does work in scents. To me it's a sexy, cop like note. But more honey sexy than, sex sexy. If that makes sense.

So then I think it's down to chemistry, what does it smell like on your skin. If the scent is pretty on you then your safe in public.

IMO it's not a work scent (for me) but it's fine anywhere I'd like to wear a pretty, sexy scent.

I've also noticed btw that AJA tends to stick on my skin like cops do, even after I shower. I had put a dab on last night, just because I wanted to feel pretty & sexy. I showered this AM and I'm wearing Moist again. But, getting a faint whiff of AJA for part of the day :lol:

This would be wonderful with Open Windows.

I can't really decipher any note in this other than Aja. In fact, it's as if the cocoa butter and hydrangea have come together to have a little talk with Aja, and quiet her "loud mouth" when she touches my skin, because this wears like Aja "light" on me! :lol: And like all Aja scents, it sticks around. For a LONG time. I'll still be smelling it in the morning. Maybe if I'm lucky, I'll get lucky, because while BF is not entirely enthused about the scent of this, or of anything containing Aja, he certainly responds to it well enough.

I think I'll entertain myself with my sample, but this isn't one that I feel a pressing need to add to my collection. I still have 3 trial vials of Aja, and I'm sure they'll hold me for quite a while.

I've not tried Aja before and I'm wondering how much of what I'm smelling here is that and how much is, well, the rest of the perfume. Does anyone want to opine on how much this covers Aja? Eggers mentioned it's a bit tamer here. Do others agree? Does Aja remain distinctive although less loud?

I'd say 1/3 is Aja, 2/3 the other ingredients which are well balanced. If your skin amps one ingredient over the other and you don't like the effect, try using a scent locket. Mara now sells several small ones that are super lovely and the leather cord is adjustable :)

For me it's 45% Aja, 40% hydrangea and 15% cocoa butter. The Aja is really the star of the show on me. The hydrangea sits right up front alongside it but the Aja is just a bit stronger. White chocolate way in the back just adding creamy smoothness.

Percentage wise I don't recall exactly but it doesn't fell 'covered up' as much as smoothed over w the other notes it's the best blended aja scent I know of, poss 40% is aja. I might go fb on this cause I've gotten interesting hits the few times I've worn it.

I've not tried Aja before and I'm wondering how much of what I'm smelling here is that and how much is, well, the rest of the perfume. Does anyone want to opine on how much this covers Aja? Eggers mentioned it's a bit tamer here. Do others agree? Does Aja remain distinctive although less loud?

On me it does. But, there's enough back up from the honey melange, the Floral and Coco butter to keep me happy. The AJA is like a vein of sexy smut running through an airy, ladylike fragrance. But the sex is there. I smell the AJA plus the other honeys. Which are virgins compared to AJA. But I think that's the point. Edited by StacyK

Thanks for those detailed replies. I am trying to figure out which of the things I'm smelling is Aja and thus if I like it enough to want to try it in other things or even by itself. The responses above have been very helpful for that purpose and I think I'd dig Aja in another guise.

This one comes all purely floral when it goes on wet... and it's a lovely floral indeed, I wasn't sure what Hydrangea smelled like as a note! The longer the drydown the more the cocoa butter starts to shine through. I seem to be scent-blind to Aja because I'm not getting any honey at all, let alone a dirty one! Except that I am very much getting the vibe StacyK describes about this... it's a grownup sophisticated flora, but the longer I sniff it the more I get whisper of serious sex juice in the background! This isn't a "me" scent, but if I were living a life where I expected to be staying at someone's beach house for a month with a group of people that included at least one I wanted to attract, I'd count a bottle of this pure necessity. It's definitely put on your bikini, slather on the sunscreen and pull up a chaise lounge by the pool with a tall icy drink!

Did you try Pondour Bourbons?

I didn't. This is my first Aja experience!

I can see how persistent Aja can be (still noticeable today) but I don't find it too strong. I think I'll keep an eye out for it in perfumes in the future.

I like Pherodise, and like this Seaside Sizzle w/Aja too. I like each stage of this - the strong floral at first swipe, and the cocoa butter that comes later. I"m guessing it must be the Aja that lingers the longest? It smells to me like sex and light honey? Even after washing my hands and wrists several times today I can still smell it. Nice! :0)

I like Pherodise, and like this Seaside Sizzle w/Aja too. I like each stage of this - the strong floral at first swipe, and the cocoa butter that comes later. I"m guessing it must be the Aja that lingers the longest? It smells to me like sex and light honey? Even after washing my hands and wrists several times today I can still smell it. Nice! :0)

First, I *adore* your avi. Second, from my understanding of Aja as well as how others who know it better have described it, yes the sex+light honey is Aja!