LINA'S MAMA LION

hearts

2yvunhg.jpg

Lina's Mama Lion

Golden, sweet & creamy! White chocolate, buttercream, coconut frosting, marshmallow, and drops of tangerine, banana, hazelnut and spring honey.

I think this was a song once... it went something like:

Coochie, coochie, ya ya dada... she's my Lady Mama Lion.

Oh my god. Mara this is PERFECTION. I love love love it! Purrrrr... I seriously can't stop sniffing this. It is golden and creamy, comforting but fierce too. The white chocolate, buttercream, coconut and marshmallow make this incredible base- like a bowl of thick rich and decadent cream.

First applied is this delicious blend of tangerine and all the creamy notes swirled together. It's almost lickable. The tangerine settles down after about 5 minutes although it still gives the overall scent a brightness to it. Dry down is absolutely amazing. Fluffy clouds of luscious milky cream glazed with a barely there hazelnut and honey. I'm not getting much banana but I think it's adding to that almost frosting-like base.

I am so happy with how this turned out. Since having my first baby, I have felt that intense love that can't even be described. I have that Mama Lion fierceness going on and I'll protect my little cub forever and ever.

I hope that everyone else who snagged a bottle enjoys too!

Thanks Mara!! XOXO

I really hit the PE lotto this go-around. Lina's Mama Lion is one reason why. It is indescribably WONDERFUL. I'm thinking this one definitely deserves a round 2 (or three) it's too good not to share.

It's just delicious - without being too foody, floral or anything. Makes me feel like purrrring. I slathered it on with MLH and started running my household.

Great inspiration Hearts... awesome mixing PotionMaster. :hearts0425::blow-kiss:

OK, I feel honor bound to slather this and give a real review, since Mara announced the Re-brew!

Full disclosure: I would have purchased this one for the label alone, but this is one of the most spectacularly decadently delicious Lps I've ever encountered. I adore the splash of tangerine when it first goes on, and I needed to sit and hold my wrist to my nose through the drydown because it was so enticing, that golden sunshine-y citrus riding on the buttercream. As it dries down, I also get that creamy cloud with a lovely lashing of hazelnut. I pretty much want to knarfle my arm off, it's so yummy!

And the energy on this one is great. I really get that bold, confident golden strength. My sister will be here next week with her three wonderful children, who are also my godchildren, and I plan to wear this pretty much continuously.

Congrats, Hearts and Mara!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well I could go on about how this is a warm, creamy LP foodie. It has a little zing to it, like a dash of ginger. But, I know there's no ginger here so I guess I'm just getting a "mystery note" :)

Or.. I can sum it up very simply. This smells like something between Atomic Mandarin & Inspire Desire on my skin. Very warm with a comforting, powerful richness.

I just want to say I adore the concept of this AND I adore how "ADORKABLE" Mara's lady mama lion comment is! HA! :D VERY FUNNY MARA!

I'm sure this smells delicious! Hopefully some ends up my way!

OK, I feel honor bound to slather this and give a real review, since Mara announced the Re-brew!

Full disclosure: I would have purchased this one for the label alone, but this is one of the most spectacularly decadently delicious Lps I've ever encountered. I adore the splash of tangerine when it first goes on, and I needed to sit and hold my wrist to my nose through the drydown because it was so enticing, that golden sunshine-y citrus riding on the buttercream. As it dries down, I also get that creamy cloud with a lovely lashing of hazelnut. I pretty much want to knarfle my arm off, it's so yummy!

And the energy on this one is great. I really get that bold, confident golden strength. My sister will be here next week with her three wonderful children, who are also my godchildren, and I plan to wear this pretty much continuously.

Congrats, Hearts and Mara!!!!

Your review did me in and I just put a request to reserve a bottle

• 3 weeks later...

My package arrived w this and a ton of freesbie samples but I haven't sampled any cause I've been slathering myself in this. I get the golden, sweet and creamy, (more gold and not too sweet, just perfect) and the tangerine gives it a citrus kick, delicious, which keeps it from being too cozy of a scent if you wanna wear it to go. 2 fb worthy for me, I wanna have a gluttonous time wearing it 24/7 for days straight til I wear out the experience then live it all over again weeks later when I wanna drink in golden light. I could handle if it wore heavier cause I almost can't enough unless I reapply which I do..often:).

• 3 weeks later...
Guest cutie.pie

When I first got this, I was like "OK, I'm just gonna let it rest". Now, WOW! I love this! I was scared because there's banana in it, and banana and my skin don't get along, but I even can't smell it! When wet, it's very similar to Atomic Mandarin, but after it dries down, it's even better than AtMan (and this comes from someone who used AtMan bottle in few days -- my personal best lol). I hope I'll get more of this! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, this is gorgeous! Sweet, creamy, and delicious...I want to lick my arm! I wasn't sure about the banana, either, but it's barely there.

I just put it on and I think I'm going to be sniffing myself all evening. :D

This has a creamy-citrus aura to it which reminds me of Celebutante, it's really delicious! It's sparkly like gold dust but also very plush, it feels like a silken toga, heh, luxurious and yet summery and fun. The notes blend together beautifully.

Once again a totally faboo idea from Lina! :D

I love this one wet. I like every single note in this perfume. However after dry down it smells just like graham crackers to me. Golden warm graham crackers. So it's off to the trade pile for it. Sad as it was one I was really looking forward to.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's Lady Marmalade. ;) You know what this reminds me of? Even though there's no actual cheesecake accord, it makes me think of one of the best cheesecakes I ever had in my life, which was this ungodly concoction with a citrusy flavor to it and a good dose of triple sec to round it out. Except this is even better, because it's like taking that cheesecake and adding creamy coconut and toasty hazelnut. Where is the "cheesecake" feeling coming from? Probably the buttercream, white chocolate and banana. It's a thick, delicious scent that manages not to cross the line into cloying territory. So glad there was a rebrew of this that allowed me to snag a bottle!

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This really is so good. Would also be great paired with OCCO: Coco Cocoa, for me I’d prefer more emphasis on the tangerine than the coconut so I’d personally reach for 

OCCO: Orange Droolious. I’m doing a phero experiment atm but might mix it up later today.

• 1 year later...
On 10/31/2021 at 6:09 AM, citrine said:

This one is so yummy! Fruity blend but tangerine stands out. Similar to Atomic Mandarin, but not as sweet as it. Really nice PE!

2 years later and 8 years after it was made, this has aged so good. The chocolate is now more prominent and next to orange it reminds me of Glamour Puss. So, so gooood!

• 3 months later...