Lina's Cherry Rum Yum

hearts

voo68g.jpg

Lina's Cherry Rum Yum

All lavishly rich boozy notes in this yumaholic confection. Vanilla bean, black cherries, almond and a drop of rum.

Well, my inspiration for this scent was Jubilee. Except with Jubilee, the chocolate and brown sugar went a little wonky on me. So I requested this one with dark vanilla, cherries, almond and rum.

This is so good! Initially, I thought this one would be a great pairing with Teddy or Balm Bomb... But I'm finding this pretty damn sexy. It feels naughty and seductive. Much more BANG, LFM or Leather.

The cherry starts off with a burst of ripe sweetness that melds perfectly with an almost cherry like almond. The almond gives it an almost velvety smooth feeling. The rum and vanilla are boozy but not over the top. This scent isn't as foodie despite all the foodie notes. Dry down is smooth, lightly sweetened and sexy as hell.

Thank you Mara! This PE is absolutely gorgeous!

I wore this precious again last night. And it's so funny, everyone seems to think it's my baby that always smells good- not me lol. That or all my LPs are rubbing off on him and he DOES smell good lol.

A friend was holding him and when he passes the baby back, he says mmmm the baby's head smells good. Like vanilla. I sniffed Jaces head and sure enough, it was Cherry Rum Yum.

Lina - I reserved and bought this off the bat! I love cherry and I love almonds. The day I got it, I smelled it and thought it smelled like cherry angel food cake. I just took another whiff a week later (after the travel shock) and got more of the rum. I will put in a better review after I try it out on skin for real (many new purchases, NRs, and samples going on now and I am in a tropical phase). I am sure it will be delicious!! I love Lina's ideas. I've gotten as sniffies both her Sweetie Pie and Candied Violet Fluff. Both delicious!

Hi, hearts! I usually like to get in a good day with a fragrance and live with it before I review. You also can't sit on these samples or it will be sold out before you have the chance. I am enjoying a Candied Violet Fluff sniffee today. Since I have the full bottle of Cherry Rum Yum, I am not in so much of a panic. :D

• 3 weeks later...

This is so divine. Boozy in the wet stage, but still boozy enough on the drydown. I amp the dark vanilla, and I can definitely tell this is a darker vanilla bean note. The cherry note is also dark, juicy in a sensual way, and definitely not cloying candy. I at black cherries all the time so I would know. I also love how the almond lends a bit of a marzipan-like quality to it, because I love anything marzipan. It is a cousin to Jubilee, but I'd say it's more shadowy, mysterious cousin.

• 4 months later...

I've worn this twice and it is my favorite PE so far. I have not requested my own PE yet. I am still sticking with my initial cherry angel food cake impression. It's blended well so nothing really sticks out for me. I also smell a smokiness which I love. I have smelled this smokiness before in other scents so it must be the particular type of vanilla. After a good long drydown, this just turns into a pretty scent with a hint of foodiness. I have Spring's Lusty Cherry (also good), but this one just soared above it to the top of my PE list. Thanks Mara and Lina!!