Jennifer's Six of Cups

Black Cat

AD-Jennifer-6Cups.jpg

Jennifer's Six of Cups

Ripe strawberries, sweet heavy cream, a dash of rich vanilla, and a pinch of sugar. Sweet and creamy and joyful!

STRAWBERRY ~ Attraction, friendship, draws fortunate circumstances in all areas of your life.

MILK/BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.

This is so luscious!! Here is what I wrote to Mara:

"While I am enjoying One True Love, I'd like a love potion with a slightly different slant.. . I'd like something to evoke a chivalric, generous, not necessarily romantic (but it's OK if it goes that way!) protective and loving response. This is actually the response I get from wearing Cuddle Bunny (which I'd love to pair it with). In Tarot terms, I'm thinking of the 6 of Cups in the Rider-Waite deck... open-hearted joyful innocence, child-like (but not childish, as per Cuddle Bunny!). I'd like to be able to come to people from that place (as opposed to paranoid, guarded, cynical, etc) and be met with a trustworthy response

I'm also desperately craving a strawberry scent. The problem I have with most strawberry scents is that (to my nose, anyway) they tend to smell like strawberry flavored candy, or strawberry jam, rather than the fruit. I'm longing for a strawberries and cream combo, and it seemed as if those notes might work magically as well."

As far as the scent goes, this is home run! In the vial, the strawberry is most prominent -- juicy and ripe. When I put it on, though, the cream just blooms. It's soft, pink, creamy sweet goodness -- almost like strawberry ice cream! I had originally planned to do this in the spring, and I think I'm going to tuck it away for bit, because I have a hunch that if it's this delightful now, it's going to be gorgeous when it's aged a few months, and it's a bit sweet for the summer. I was hoping it might also work as a cold weather scent, and I think it might be a perfect sleep comfort scent when we get into the long dark nights.

As for the intent... I'll have to report back on that one! But it has a lovely innocent air to it, as well as something indescribably comforting, and I couldn't be more pleased. Thank you Mara!

PS. I mentioned 6 of cups in the email, but Mara was the one who had the brilliant idea to use it as the name. So perfect!!!

This is fresh strawberry cream on my skin, and the first artisan scent to get a positive reaction out of my husband! He even said "I can eat you!". It doesn't last long on my skin unfortunately, but I don't mind slathering.

Probably my favorite of this month's PE's and I'm not usually a foodie person. I'm getting another bottle!

This is fresh strawberry cream on my skin, and the first artisan scent to get a positive reaction out of my husband! He even said "I can eat you!". It doesn't last long on my skin unfortunately, but I don't mind slathering.

Probably my favorite of this month's PE's and I'm not usually a foodie person. I'm getting another bottle!

Did you ever try Strawberry Cream Cake? I bet you'd like it, if you can find one on the trade thread.

I don't find it cakey at all phergineer. Not many cakey scents, some, but not many work on me. This is more like the sweet and creamy filling in the cake. VERY strawberry, VERY creamy, not at all sheer on me, but completely present and I love that! Plus, I don't think the cream in this smells like the cream notes that Mara often uses. It is less sweet. I think it is supposed to mimic, in part, a cream cheese scent, and the sweetness comes through in the strawberry jam sort of scent that you get as a cake or pie filling if that makes sense. I love this one! It's so rich and full bodied IMO.