Stacy's MILFY Summer

I hope it is not poor etiquette to review a PE before the person for whom it was made does so. If so, many apologies! This is a delightful, edible smelling scent! In the bottle, it is all sweet coconutty goodness. Yum! I rolled a generous amount on to each wrist and wet, I got more of said coconut, plus sweet, delicious pineapple and not much else. That was a little while ago and as I sit here, sniffing and writing, I am now getting the vanilla and a soft hint of musk. I do not YET get anything of the honey or orchids, but it is still morphing and unfolding. Very summery, very yummy and yes, I would say, very MILFY IMO! Especially if the MILF in question had a good mind to be dessert. ;) I am beginning to wonder if it is my skin changing again, but am having the same issue with "sheerness" that I had with Nyree's Passion. My skin seems to be eating it right up. Anyone else experiencing this, or is it just me? I would be really interested in hearing! BTW,I also think we need a little emoticon face going back and forth, bringing its wrist to its nose and sniffing. LOL! Anyhow, aside from the odd sheerness thing, I am giving this a solid thumbs up! ETA, I HATE autocorrect!!! It changed MILFY to MOLDY!!! Can a MOD be so kind as to correct this for me? For the record, there is NOTHING moldy about this scent! Please excuse me...I am off to ritually sacrifice autocorrect! It is long overdue! So sorry for this faux pas!

Edited by Rose Blackthorn

I live in LA and its been very hot and humid so it could just be burning off me. That said, I have crossed the menopause line and now live in hot and cold flashes. What I know for sure, however, is my LPs are not competing with estrogen gel anymore because I threw away the estrogen after it messed with the smell of my LPs!!

ETA, I HATE autocorrect!!! It changed MILFY to MOLDY!!! Can a MOD be so kind as to correct this for me? For the record, there is NOTHING moldy about this scent! Please excuse me...I am off to ritually sacrifice autocorrect! It is long overdue! So sorry for this faux pas!

:rofl222: I have nothing to add for a review but I saw the title of the thread and couldn't help but laugh. Then my next thought was Rose must be posting from her phone.

Lol I thought Rose was might be doing a spoof review on Stacy's Milfy Summer by calling it be Stacy's Moldy Summer as a lark, I just back from nite out on the town and thought she must have buzz on like I do right now lol, but no just autocorrect.

I am postmenopausal too JL, I wonder if there is a link? Usually the heat will amp fragrances. I even thought that maybe I should try applying extra moisturizer to my skin first. I am baffled. Also, it is not all LPs. Just this one and Nyree's Passionate. Also, the Sugareds, but they were meant to be layerable. And @ Maililyahn, LOL! It's my kindle. This think substitutes THE strangest words! I am convinced that it is designed to create embarrassing situations for people! I'll bet someone somewhere is laughing harder than we are! ;) So sorry StacyK! Not laughing at making a mess of your PE's name! Damned Kindle! ETA, Cherise, I WISH it were a buzz! LOL!

Edited by Rose Blackthorn

#*@☆%$#!!!AUTOCORRECT

Rose, I was glancing through reviews last night and thought,"Oh No! Did Stacy find mold in her house..and why did she have Rose tell us about it?" Then I thought,"Wow, maybe that's a review..a moldy MILF?..I don't think I wanna know." Of course, I read the review. No mold...phew! ;)

Edited by Wanderlust

Oh last nite was fun it was kinda of an extention of the night before, I'm in the height of really enjoying the summer nights and I think the early week crowd, sun, mon, tue can be more entertaining than over packed weekend tourist type crowds. So no disrepect to your lp Stacy I actually not only think your PE Milfy Summer is a great name but you have very clever thread starter titles as well. I usually stick to the same threads but every once in awhile someone will post "Cats with Thumbs" I know Mara started that one, I'm like huh wtf?? It's too fun or absurd to pass up and mostly it's a thread that Stacy started that I'll stray off the path for, can't think of one off hand I'm slow from last night, but Stacy you funny! Tho after a few drinks in I thought Rose was trying to upstage ya ;), ahh this summer I tell ya one big laugh.

I am postmenopausal too JL, I wonder if there is a link? Usually the heat will amp fragrances. I even thought that maybe I should try applying extra moisturizer to my skin first. I am baffled. Also, it is not all LPs. Just this one and Nyree's Passionate. Also, the Sugareds, but they were meant to be layerable. And @ Maililyahn, LOL! It's my kindle. This think substitutes THE strangest words! I am convinced that it is designed to create embarrassing situations for people! I'll bet someone somewhere is laughing harder than we are! ;) So sorry StacyK! Not laughing at making a mess of your PE's name! Damned Kindle! ETA, Cherise, I WISH it were a buzz! LOL!

Ha!! These posts are halairous. IDM Rose. When my MILFY arrived it spent the day in the mailbox and the bottles were literally hot to the touch. :(

My LP boxes are usually delivered to the door or at the least put on the porch. But, must have been a different post person. So I wanted to leave them to settle down. I have to come back to do a proper review :lol:

Yes typing on the Kindle is weird. I love my kindle for entertaining but it's such a pain for typing.

When my skin is dry I get out the heavy duty, unscented lotion. I like the Aveeno in the Jar with the blue lid. That stuff adds moisture and, more importantly, locks it in. The fluffy scented yummy stuff is great but sometimes I need the hard stuff. :)

I also add fats to my diet. Avocado, walnut oil, olive oil. Avo on or with lots of stuff and the two oils you can mix them with ACV and some of your fav seasonings and use it for salads or sandwiches ect. I also love coconut oil and red palm oil for cooking. Don't go overboard but you can reasonably add fats to your diet without gaining weight. Its the sugar and simple carbs that make us fat and/or puffy anyways. (for the most part). But adding some good for you fats can help your skin and hair greatly.

Edited by StacyK

Haha I did giggle at Moldy Summer- but this is definitely not moldy. It's soooooo pretty. It's a total summer scent. The coconut used in this reminds me of the same used in my Beach Bunny Musk. All creamy coconuts and musky goodness. I get no orchid or pineapple- maybe just a touch of honey. Glad I was able to get a bottle of this one!

I brought this on vacation with me to sample at various times of day and night. This is very sheer and light on me although stronger in the vial. Initially I get fruit and honey like the most delicious fruit ice tea. Heavy ripe and refreshing fruit. The vanilla and musk shows up like I laced the cocktail with a liqueur. The coconut isn't really identifiable to me but part of this liqueur "float". I smell no orchids floral on me although that may be the clean sweet note behind the fruit. It comes out more during dropdown. This is really well blended. I love it and need to figure out how to make it stronger and more lasting on my skin.

Edited by johnsonlisa90012

Same here JL. I don't think it is me or all LP s since I wore Love Thyself Spell Potion last night and today and I can honestly say that it is CONCENTRATED!!! I only have it on tonight because it is clinging like crazy. I will have to do a review. Anyway, I do like Stacy' s Milfy Summer, but as with Nyree's Passion it is just too invisible on me. :(

Ok so I waited to try this one twice and I'm glad I did.

As I mentioned above the mail carrier put my box in the mailbox last time. So it was basically on a metal oven. grr

The bottles were literally hot to the touch so there was nothing to do but give them a few days to cool off, settle down and recover.

The first wearing- on wet I get the "warm" powdery vanilla musk mix. The musk does feel and smell warm which I totally love. The powdery vanilla, for a few min, seemed to threaten to be just a bit overwhelming, But it clams down into that amazing musk.. I got very light wisps of the pineapple, coconut & orchid. The scent is somewhat sheer but has presence.

As it wears I get more of the other notes. The orchid is there under the musk. It's a little distant but I can smell that telltale juicy orchid note.

The coconut was the most difficult to detect for me. But it made a faint brief appearance.

The second wearing-

I got more of the Orchid, pineapple & coconut. The honey is there now too. Just a lite drizzle. I think it blends in with the perfumed vanilla and adds just a touch more warmth.

The scent is very feminine and ladylike. A bit glamorous and summery.

I FEEL A WARM PERFUMED BREEZE ON MY SKIN. THE MUSK BASE IS AMAZING!

I do wish it lasted a little longer. Well to the point. I want all the notes to last. I get a good 3 hours, then most of the notes fade off and I'm left with that warm, slightly powdery vanilla musk. Which is gorgeous and would make a great layer-able scent in it's own right.

I think you have something there Mara!!

That base is amazing. Guys it literally feels warm.

I'm going to use a good amount of my unscented moisturizer over the next few days and see if that helps with longevity and to bring forward the other notes.

I really love it.

I think it would go best with Cougar when I think of pheros. So I'll grab Un Cougar next time I wear MILFY.

It's a very female "strut your stuff" & fluff your hair type of scent. :)

I do feel very MILFY wearing this!!!

:relaxing:

Thank you Mara!! :purr:

eta.. Mara please tell me you can recreate that MILFY base again.

Edited by StacyK

It really is beautiful StacyK and I am happy that you are so pleased with it. I will let mine age a bit and try again in hopes of it perhaps gaining a bit more fullness. I hope so. If not, as much as I like MILFY, it might need to be re-homed in order to make some space for the ever incoming LP s that I seem unable to resist!

I LOVE this. Not a common thing for me to say about pineapple scents, because some can go very wrong on my skin, but I do. On me the vanilla musk is actually dominant, followed by the coconut, and then by a tangy zing of pineapple that never turns saccharine (again, with my chemistry, a miracle). When it's fully dried down I also get the orchid, and orchid is one of my favorite florals. I love all those heady tropical florals as a rule. Unexpected winner!

I do wish it lasted a little longer. Well to the point. I want all the notes to last. I get a good 3 hours, then most of the notes fade off and I'm left with that warm, slightly powdery

I truly truly wished this lasted more than an hour on me, but alas, it goes poof and only tiny wisps of smell sometimes in hours 2+. Totally gone by 3.

One more post--I can't tell you how much I keep reaching for this one. I have 3 or 4 in my purse (BLAM, Dark Desires with SS4W, Une with Gotcha, and Sensual Harmony and I keep grabbing this. Something about this is so feminine and soft and sweet with the coconut and musk base. I want to be wearing a vintage floral dress, with a flower in my hair, strappy sandals, and a pretty japanese fan. I want to be sitting on a deck with big, slow fans stirring up a little breeze and a large, frosty glass of fruit ice tea, in a resort in the south where I can watch the summer storm come in and bring a little cool air. It reminds me of humidity, but not overly uncomfortable humidity. . ...just wet warmth right before it starts getting cooler as the night comes. In fact, I just bought a vintage dress on line as I sat here and smelled myself. I really love this, Stacy. Next rebrew, I'll just add some glue so it sticks on me forever and ever.

I'm wearing this with Dom today. I love the scent. I really get the Pinapple top note now with the laid back coconut and orchid playing middle notes. A smidge if a drizzle of honey all on that warm vanilla musk. The Pineapple is the first to fade off after a couple of hours. The other notes hang around for awhile and the warm musk comes forward. At around the 4+ hour mark I get a warm skin musk that is very feminine and smooth.

It certainly had a more pronounced character now.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is one I hesitated on when it first came out, and she who hesitates is lost! But then I was able to get a bottle through the trade threads and oh, wow! Wet, it's pineapple forward, but a pineapple I can wear -- a burst of juicy fruit, no plastic and no over sugary flavor. Then the vanilla and musk start to bloom in the drydown, softened and anchored by the creamiest of coconuts. This is such a perfect evocation of the concept -- it's got softness, maturity and complexity, while at the same time being drop-dead sexy as hell. Congrats, Stacy and Mara, for yet another home run!

I'm glad you like it. It really has deepened with a little age. I love the warm musk Mara did here. You can really feel it.