STORE: Stationary & Journals

Potion Master

Everyone should have a nice journal, or twelve.

There's a magic that happens, a communion with the well of creativity of the universe, when you hand write things in a book that gives you pleasure.

Have you ever noticed, that songwriters and novelists and all sorts of creative and scientific people, when asked about their process, many will say - "I didn't write this, it was presented to me in finished form. I only transcribed it."

This is absolutely true. I have experienced this many many many times over my lifetime. JK Rowling said the same thing, and so did Mozart. (I'm not trying to compare myself with giants, I'm just saying if you don't believe me, then maybe you'll believe them.) In my own mind, it's like a cloud layer that circles our planet, and sometimes I have this straw, and I can sip from it. I'm given music and stories and ideas that are finished, I just have to transcribe them and make them happen. I think this is why there are universal ideas, inventions or stories or songs that crop up simultaneously in different parts of the world at the same time. We all tap into that same well. We sip from the clouds together.

When you hand write things in a book, in permanent form, you commune with this creative well. Your mind and body are engaged and you channel it. You take from it, you add to it. The more you do this, the more deeply you connect, and all the more is presented to you.

Making notes on a computer or phone is absolutely no comparison, it doesn't work the same way. Using a notebook with tear out pages won't work either. I think it has to do with permanence. I guarantee you, that your first draft written in permanent form, will be better than your 5th draft written in a temporary form. Don't be intimidated by the process - so many people say they are afraid to write into such a pretty book, they don't want to "waste" it. Don't think like that. It's likely a $15 book you're talking about. You waste that much at the mall or on an overpriced meal. If you feel like you messed it up, buy another one.

I have been using blank books for writing down dreams, songs, spells and my perfume recipes since I was 12 years old. I use them for planning - my move 1,000 miles away to a new town, my new home, my store. Writing in this form....it makes things happen, it makes thoughts into reality. Makes dreams come true. Try it.

• 2 months later...

NOTE: Stationary items will have to be weighed prior to mailing so we can get you an accurate shipping price. Just email us a list of all items you would like sent together and we will get you the best price we can.

Fancy Journals

We've got a GORGEOUS selection of blank journals in the shop.

Paperblank's journals are exquisite. Highest quality journals I have ever seen, and I've been collecting and using journals for almost 40 years so trust me on this. They are crafted to last generations, hard bound, with ribbons, some with latches, some with decorated edges on the paper. Many of the covers are reproductions from famed bookbinders from the 15th century. I've got some Mucha art nouveau covers, and some colorful foil cats too. Let me know what catches your fancy and I'll snap some pix of our current offerings for you. Depending upon size and shape, Paperblank journals cost between $16 and $36, and worth every penny. You will not be disappointed!

AD-PB1.jpg

AD-PB2.jpg

AD-PB3.jpg

AD-PB4.jpg

Standard Journals

We have a number of different designs of "traditional" style journals. Most have glossy cardboard covers with beautiful images on the front. Lined paper, many with ribbons. Some have lovely print on the inside too, some have just lines and little decorations in the corners. Let me know what you like and I'll snap pictures for you of our current offerings. These range between $11.95 and $16.95.

AD-journals1.jpg

AD-Nox1.jpg

AD-Nox2.jpg

The following are smaller in size, but the same style.

These have spiritual themes, hard satin-finish or glossy covers, and are around 5 inches tall. Excellent size to carry in your purse!

$4.95 each

AD-LittleBooks.jpg

Handmade Journals

Leather Journals

All of these are handmade in India. Of most I have only one each. I have 2 Dragons.

These are $28.95 each

AD-LeatherTriq.jpg

AD-LeatherJournal2.jpg

This one has a stone in the middle, (an agate IIRC) and is called a Dragon's Eye style. It's a little smaller than the others in height, and sells for $18.95

AD-GreenStoneJournal.jpg

Silk Journals

The following are Indian Silk.

These sell for $12.95

AD-SilkJournal.jpg

These are Beaded Indian Silk and sell for $14.95

AD-BeadedJournal.jpg

I have more boxes to unpack so will upload more of these types soon. :)

Pens

To go with your Magic Journal, you must have a Magic Pen!

These are fabulous, and so very clever! The biggest obstacle for most people and fancy pens, is how difficult it is to get the right sized refills. Well, these are crafted with a simple .19 cent Bic, available anywhere, so no worries there! Just pull out the old and slip in the new.

Hand crafted in Egypt - hand-blown glass, gilded with incut vine design, available in red, dark blue and teal. I love mine. They are gorgeous.

$14.95 each.

AD-EgyptGlassPens.jpg

Postcards!

Witchy Retro Postcards - the text on these is hilarious...

Most witches dress nicely, are friendly and do not eat children, but they still won't give you a ride on their broom. Remember that.

.75 cents for each one, or $3.00 for a set with all 5.

AD-LPWitchyPostcards.jpg

Goth Postcards

Gorgeous original artwork.

(The Seer comes from their oracle deck, Madame Endora's Fortune Cards. The other two from their Gothic Tarot....also available at our shop.)

.75 cents each

AD-GothPostcards.jpg

Greeting Cards

We've got racks and racks of 'em!

Spiritual, New Age, Nature, Funny, Romantic, for kids, guys, gals, all ages. Blank notecards too. Some gorgeous fantasy art!

Need a card included with a gift? Just ask!

Most run between $1.95 and $3.95

AD-GreetingCards.jpg

Holiday Card Sets

Just these three sets at the moment, couldn't resist as they are so beautiful. Same publisher as the Goth Postcards above.

Set of 10, with white envelopes, for $15.95

AD-GothHolidayCards.jpg

AD-GothHolidayCards2.jpg

AD-SpiritCard.jpg

LOVE THE JOURNALS! I have kind of a fetish, though. I used to write only for pleasure, but now, I also keep one with me for all of the things my customers call and tell me they need for me to do. That way, I can keep them all straight.

I have 4 refillable leather covers that I put blank books into, and then when I change the book out, I write the month and year on the outside, and add it to a drawer in my office. Never know when I may need some of that info!

I may HAVE to have one of those pens! And one of the journals with the latches.....OOOOH TRYING TO RESIST THE TEMPTATION!

I love journals!!! I read my journal from like 10 years ago when I was married to my ex hated my life. I saw what I read and couldn't believe it. I said something along the lines of wanting true and pure love and picturing myself with that love and having a baby boy! Umm sure enough I love my husband like I've never loved anyone except for Brad Pitt and 2 boys later... I'm going to need that Virgen journal Mara!

My sweetie, who is not usually tempted by these things...was CRAZY about the LPMP journals. He picked over them for quite a while, and finally picked a handsome brown one for himself. I *love* them all!

Yes those pens and journals!! I gotta say those Goth season greeting cards are a refreshing change than some of the traditional cards you see every year and though the Goth postcards really pop I'd make better use of the greeting cards w the holidays right around the corner.

Oh wow Mara, what a bunch of awesome offerings! I am so tempted ( wanted the Black Cat) but since I have 6 - 8 blank books that I have NOT been writing in, I have placed a ban on more blank books for myself! Because of my pinched nerve, writing has been a rather painful task anyway, so that will save me from myself!

• 1 month later...

Pens

To go with your Magic Journal, you must have a Magic Pen!

These are fabulous, and so very clever! The biggest obstacle for most people and fancy pens, is how difficult it is to get the right sized refills. Well, these are crafted with a simple .19 cent Bic, available anywhere, so no worries there! Just pull out the old and slip in the new.

Hand crafted in Egypt - hand-blown glass, gilded with incut vine design, available in red, dark blue and teal. I love mine. They are gorgeous.

$14.95 each.

AD-EgyptGlassPens.jpg

I have to say, I got one of these pens, in red, as a special Christmas gift to myself, and it is even prettier in person! Absolutely breathtaking!!

Looks like a little miniature magic wand.....I may need the other colors too!

Edited by Dolly

So pretty!

Nicer in person! I ended up ordering the other two colors AND a couple of journals too!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
44 minutes ago, melisse said:

Do you still sell journals? I‘m admiring that small gold Paperblank in the photo quoted below:

Indeed we do! Hundreds of them. Yes, I think we still have that model. It's a little darker than it looks in the image, it's not gold, it's more like dark brown with a sheen.

We also now carry the Peter Pauper Press journals as well. They are similar but not as pricey as Paperblanks, averaging around $16.95 per book. Still with amazing covers, some have gold pages, but no metal latches.

I think I still like the small dark brown & gold Paperblank with the metal latches. 

I’m guessing the paper is lined? Im looking for unlined, or even better would be the “guide dots” that I see sometimes. I could go for lined IF it’s very subtle lines. How much $$ is it?

I also like the green blown glass pen. Still have those?

Edited by melisse
Added thoughts

On 10/25/2015 at 1:26 PM, Potion Master said:

This one has a stone in the middle, (an agate IIRC) and is called a Dragon's Eye style. It's a little smaller than the others in height, and sells for $18.95

AD-GreenStoneJournal.jpg

If you still have this style, does it have either ‘guide dot’ pages (for lack of a better word)  or plain blank pages? Any other colors?

The Paperblanks books are lined, but lightly so.

The handmade leather journals are unlined with rougher handmade paper.

I will get you more info in a little while. :)

The glass pens are all sold out, sorry.

33112155_419080515225335_602771261538225

These are some of the Peter Pauper books we have, 6x8 inches.

33089737_419081601891893_228472412244331

and these are 7x9.

Prices on all range between $15 and $20

These images will disappear soon, just FYI. They are on a temp host.

On 5/21/2018 at 1:13 PM, Potion Master said:

33089688_419077218558998_762603874702852

Pages not lined and price is 34.95

It's larger than the earlier green one, which is sold out. 5x7 inches

natural unlined paper.

OMG. This one. Can I add it to my upcoming order I’ll be making on May 31?

• 2 weeks later...

Do you still have the red and blue Paperblanks? I like those a lot. Also, any chance of you getting in any more of those pens?

Edited by Lainey

• 1 month later...

I've wanted to get these ever since I discovered LPMP  

gallery photo

This year's sale I'm adding them to an invoice request.    It's not like I really ever send  post cards, but the illustrations are so amazing!