Honeyed Love Potion w/ Gotcha! 2015

Beccah

AD-HoneyedLP15_1.jpg

HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
APRICOT ~ Love, love, love, romance, passion, femininity.
VANILLA ~ Extraordinary aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing, familial sense memories, soothing, nurturing, comforting.
AMBER ~ Fertility, love, luck, immortality, riches.
PATCHOULI ~ Sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, virility.
ORANGE BLOSSOM ~ Strong 'magnet' to attract men; eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, thoughtfulness, happiness, tribute.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't you worry this is the perfect honey scent it is so well blended, sensual smooth, the apricot peaks out on me but the honey is the subtle star. It works well by itself but smooth enough to blend w another scent, a honey that melts more than drips into the skin. Not an over powering honey by anymeans plus it has Gotcha.

When I first applied this, it was so amazing! I knew I had to wait it out because the last version, the patch amped to the moon and back and it's all I smelled.

First applied, it was LP OG with fruity apricots and a drizzle of honey. If it could smell like that the whole time, I would be buying multiple bottles. But of course, patchouli of doom came out and beat all the other notes into submission and it's all I smell.

I'll need to get a scent locket someday.

I hate my skin chemistry sometimes.

Hi Luna or Halo - do you know what type of honey is in this one? My skin does weird things to some honey types, turning it powdery.

This sounds really good, just wouldn't like the powder factor on my skin. I think my skin only likes smutty honey which stays more 'honey like'.

This brew reminds me more of LP: O than the previous version of Honeyed LP and I think it's because the honey comes across more subtle to me. It's like LP: O but instead of the creamy vanilla backdrop you get the golden honey. It's totally yummy to me but you really have to like apricot (and I do) to enjoy this one, IMO, because it's front-and-center.

I agree luna. It's very sweet, and yummy and bright, all that apricot strutting its stuff! I love it! For those of you who love honey, this should make you very happy. For those of you who fear honey, it is subtle and I think you should try it! There is enough to satisfy any honey lover. Don't fear the patch either! It's definitely in there, but I did not find it to be at all in your face. Just nicely balanced. I think this one is going to age incredibly well! Beautiful work, Mara. Way to rock a Love Potion!

• 2 weeks later...

This is so danged good! It is a very pretty, sweet honey with just a hint of vanilla and apricot. I am not getting much patch. The amber is subtle and only seems to deepen the scent.

I seriously think I am going to have to get a crap ton of full bottles from this latest sampler. I have not found even one scent I dislike. I needs them all!!!

• 3 weeks later...

on my skin this is so very patch forward compared to the original. The 2 are pretty different.

The original Honeyed LP is my very favorite of ALL the LP variants. When I got my first bottle I immediately went online and bought 2 more because of the warm honeyed love I felt.

This version is ok on me. IMO it lacks the dense, glowing warmth of the original. IDKY, I might guess it's the honey itself, it's very different in both warmth & weight.

This current version feels "cooler". The original gives off a much "warmer" vibe.

To me it's a cooler patch heavy cousin of the original. It's ok. But the patch forwardness never lets up and IMO changes the dynamic quite a bit from the original.

Oh, I love this, another surprise! I LOVE patchouli, my skin loves patchouli, I usually amp it like crazy. Yet..I don't even get the slightest hint of it. This scent *is* bright, I love how light the honey is and it's the first honey I've found that feels right for a light, daytime scent. At first it's all honey and apricot and amber. After about an hour it's more honey and amber, and then the rest of the day it's honey and orange blossom.

I decided to wear it for the past couple of days with the intent of using the Gotcha for nudging my INNER masculine toward being more in harmony with the feminine and WOW, I'd say it worked. In one of my classes, my "artsy" prof walked out on our class, because we weren't coming up with The Perfect Creative Project.

We are TECHS, taking a TECHNICAL CLASS, hellooo.

Normally, I would have just let it slide, no big deal, c'est la vie.

Not yesterday...noo.....it took me a minute to realize that HE REALLY JUST WALKED OUT ON THIS CLASS and I said HELL TO THE NO THIS IS NOT OK!

I went hunting for him and interrupted him complaining to another prof about our class and pointed out his BS story, told him I felt upset and it could wait until he was done going to the bathroom (he was just outside the door about to go in).

So I waited, and then when he was out we found a place to talk and I just laid it out for him, in a non-blaming way, I PAY FOR THIS CLASS AND IT IS NOT OKAY FOR YOU TO WALK OUT IT ISN'T OUR FAULT YOU HAVEN'T COME UP WITH A CURRICULUM AND YOU'RE MAD BECAUSE WE AREN'T DOING IT FOR YOU.

:D

It was actually a very good, productive and connecting conversation, and he ended up sending an email to the whole class apologizing for being an asshole. Really, he said he was being an asshole and he was sorry.

I am usually SUPER agreeable, so I do feel the Gotcha helped me feel relaxed and assured enough to speak up. Maybe it *did* inspire my inner masculine to stand up for me :D

At any rate, I love spritzing this before bed!

Edited by rain_dancer

Wow, rain_dancer! Way to put an A-Hole in their place! To be perfectly honest, I have not paid much attention to the effects of Gotcha on me, but after reading about your experience, I am going to be VERY aware! Good on you! :)

The good thing is, he was just acting like an ass for a minute, it's not who he is as a human being. He got with the department head, and mapped out a new curriculum right after I spoke with him, and emailed us with a plan of action. I get to work with him a lot and he's really just great.

Another experience I will consider a "hit" is...I wore this to class the day before, and another prof sent the rest of the class to go work on scenic design, and sat down and played "programmer" for me which freed me up to totally focus on lighting design, and we worked knee-to-knee side-by-side for 2 hours. I felt like Gotcha helped me be just...relaxed. I am totally OMG in love with this prof, not in a "I want him for myself" kind of way, but in a "I adore who he is as a human being" kind of way, and I don't know, it just felt really, really good to be thisclose to him for a couple of hours. So, so good. I had his UNDIVIDED attention, which is rare. The creative flow felt freaking amazing and delicious and intimate, and I do credit Gotcha with facilitating the vibe.

In case anyone is interested, I wore this as oil today, and it stayed honey and amber all day and never really got to the bright orange blossom. It goes on way brighter in an alcohol spray than just the oil, so I will probably just decant most of this bottle because I love the throw of a spray and am not too worried about the amount of cops in this getting in my hair or on my clothes.

I put it on and forgot about it for the most part this morning, and only in looking back did I realize that I got the DIHL and happy googly eyes from a classmate this morning, he's been kind of floating around on the periphery of my attention so this could be a Very Good Thing :) We shall see....

Ok I am totally going to stock up on this. I wore this to schoolwork today (I work in the theater where I go to school) and SEVEN people, just out of the blue, complemented me on my hair. Four of them came up to stroke and pet it. Granted, I have gorgeous curly red hair, but seriously a couple of people leaned up against the box office window to get closer and it is WAYY out of the ordinary to get so many compliments from strangers, one after the other, at different times in different places.

One of the actresses came up to me in the cafe, hugged me and told me she loves me...!

I also got DIHL from someone I have the feels for, who walked across the lobby to just stand next to me. Oh, I just remembered I did put the tiniest dab of cops in my bosom, 10 hours ago. It was literally a dab so I don't know if that made that much difference but this is amazing. It's exactly what I've been wanting to experience with pheros! I'm getting a Gotcha! FB for my next order to play around with. I am a happy purrkitty tonight, meow!

Edited by rain_dancer

I have wanted to try Honeyed LP for a long time...actually, I have a sample of the original which I promised to Rose a good while back (I need to send it to her!) so I have never tried the original to be able to compare the two. I do love this version! When I first found LPMP last year I was not a fan at all of honey notes, but little by little I am growing to love them, even the smuttier honeys!! lol From Honeyed LP I first detect a bright honey and apricot. As it dries down the apricot fades just a bit and the orange blossom sheerly makes an appearance. I'm really loving it!

Gotcha is one of my favorite phero blends so I can see myself wearing this quite freqently during the summer and spring. It's a light, beautiful and sexy potion which leaves me feeling feminine and desirable, especially with the Gotcha! I usually amp patchouli, but in this potion it isn't noticeable. I will retest at a different time of the month to confirm. I snagged 2 bottles of this and wish I could have bought more, but there were so many fantastic new potions this summer that I had to limit the number of each I purchased in order to have them all!!

I wore this today and the scent itself is bright, warm and lusciously sweet. The Gotcha seemed to exert a very cheery and helpful demeanor in people. Many smiles, which I have found is not common to this area of New England at least. Also, an added spring in my step. Yay! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Honeyed Love Potion smells divine. It makes me feel feminine and sexy, like I'm something special (Gotcha?). On me, it's golden honey that's thick, warm and deliciously sticky. There's a touch of apricot, but it just enhances the golden nature of the perfume. I also enjoy the next stage, when the depth of the base notes emerge. The earthy patch and sexy amber just make this fragrance more desirable. I love it, definitely making the FB cut.

I'm absolutely in love with this, for me it's a bit sweet and incense-y, my skin eats it rather quickly though. I decided to decant some and make a spray, it lasts forever on clothing, it was almost a shame to wash the sweater I wore more than a week ago, it still smelled divine.

• 3 weeks later...

One of my first perfumes from LP. I completely loved everything from my order (even my freebies1!) but this was my favorite! I ordered the trial size in August and just used up my last few drops. It has quite a thick, incense-y aroma and lasts all day on my skin.

I fear this blend may have made me a LP addict. My birthday is in about 2 weeks and I plan on ordering myself a full size bottle. I just get too many dang compliments when I'm wearing it, how am I supposed to go without? :P

I bought a bottle of the original version unsniffed. It was a bit too apricotty for me, so I traded it away. I think I was hoping for more honey.

I was excited to try my trial vial of the new version though. I slathered some on this morning, and Mr Perfect walked by me and said "someone smells good this morning" It was still bright and fruity for the first couple hours. It's dried down to a nice honeyed amber-y scent at this point. I'm not really getting any patch, at least none that is overpowering. I would really like to get this in a spray.

Do it girls! I bought a couple in spray format and they are divine. The spray just gives this one he best linger and throw! I highly recommend it!

I'm so easily enabled, Brooke! Lol. I'll probably order a spray with the Dec NR sample set.

Ha ha ha! I love you girls!! We are all going to enabler hell together! But seriously, I think this one, Occo Ambrosia, and Kittenish all deserve the spray format. I know this isn't the right place for this comment but I wonder how Merry would be in a spray???

• 3 weeks later...

Ooh this is so pretty but my dumb skin has, again, made the vanilla and/or honey go plastic after an hour (both vanilla and honey seem to go this way except for OCCO White and NOCO Original). The honey and apricot have only lightly remained. I will not give up on this though!! Will put it away for a few weeks and go back another time.

Edited by Witty Kitty

• 3 weeks later...

I road-tested this in public today at brunch: 2 1/2-ish drops on my neck/upper chest, layered with Mango Tango to mask the plastic smell that would inevitably emerge. I also added a dab of OCCO Ambrosia to my cleavage. I smelled so sweet and juicy! :Emoticons0424:

Didn't notice any self-effects. Nothing noteworthy from my TG bartender, although it was super-busy for him and not the best testing conditions. I did, however, seem to get the attention of an older man (60s?) next to me who was out with his wife. Three times, when there was a lull in their conversation, he turned to look right at me for a second or two, which I pretended not to notice. I was definitely intriguing him! :P

Will keep testing this one out!

Edited by Witty Kitty

• 4 weeks later...

This is an awesome scent -- warm, spiced honey, a tiny bit boozy. A wee bit sexy. Bright, warm and glowy -- a bright fire reflecting off cut glass and dancing through a mug of golden mead. Hobbit mead. If I were a hobbit tavern wench in Middle Earth, I would smell like this. I love this stuff!

• 1 month later...

This is an awesome scent -- warm, spiced honey, a tiny bit boozy. A wee bit sexy. Bright, warm and glowy -- a bright fire reflecting off cut glass and dancing through a mug of golden mead. Hobbit mead. If I were a hobbit tavern wench in Middle Earth, I would smell like this. I love this stuff!

the last bit made me laugh! But I totally agree! It reminds me of late summer.

If I were a hobbit tavern wench in Middle Earth, I would smell like this. I love this stuff!

LOLZ... :lol: I think this might be one of the best descriptions ever! ;)

• 2 months later...

Received the sample of this that I ordered. I think the scent on me is just meh. 6 hours later and all I smell is APRICOT APRICOT APRICOT lol. Never really smelled the Patch on me. This is my first time using a scent with Gotcha. Have yet to test around male species LOL. Will report back.