Body Paint 2015

Beccah

AD-BodyPaint15_1.jpg

Body Paint

A lavender gourmand fantasy continually in demand! This particular version is actually a combination of two very popular scents: Body Paint and Fuzzy Wuzzy. Our lavender-based fragrances literally fly off the shelves as soon as they are available and when it comes to this kind of deliciousness there is no such thing as too much of a good thing! Lavender is, among its many charms, a verified man magnet, so scent yourself with our delectable alluring adornment! A heart of French Lavender and a lavender attar, with delicate black raspberry, a swirl of cream and honey, then slathered with luscious cream cheese frosting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
LAVENDER ~ Soothes/restores body and mind, arouses sexual desire in men, loyalty, purification, protection, healing.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive, use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover, happiness, fulfillment.
BLACK RASPBERRY ~ Love inducing, aids in pregnancy discomforts, protection. Stamina, vigor.
BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships, Goddess energy.
EGG ~ Fertility, beginnings, eternity, rebirth, future life, nutrition, prosperity.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

• 2 weeks later...

When I first put this on, it was Tickle Tickle revisited, with a medicinal cast to the lavender. But then within moments it tipped the other way and became yummy gourmand lavender! This is very berry and jammy so far, and the longer the drydown the more the butter/cream note emerges. If I can love this and find it not too overwhelming on a 90 degree summer afternoon, I can only imagine how amazing it is going to be for cool fall nights and cold winter ones! I rarely risk a full bottle unsniffed, but I'm so glad I did so with this one!

Yeah I got that too, at first. The medicinal thing, I mean. I was thinking it was the mix of lavender and berry, but I am a huge fan of the original Body Paint, so I just hung in there. After about 15 minutes it smoothed out into a nice sweet cloud. It becomes a lot more subtle in the drydown, at least for me, and I like that quality but others may not.

The original Body Paint is one of my favorite lavender LPs ever. I put a swipe of the old version on one arm and the new version on my other. Compared to the old version, 2015 starts off very heavy on the lavender and is very harsh and medicinal. But if you wait it out, the dry down is much more similar. The lavender here is a much stronger one used in the original, but it does dry down to the very pretty lavender jam and shortbread cookie scent that I loved in the original version. They DO smell different enough that I will cherish every drop of my original, but, I mean, it's like 5 years old. It's had some time to mellow and age. I'm glad I got a bottle of 2015. If you wait out for dry down, it is beautiful!

• 3 weeks later...

This embodies the reason why patience is a virtue (at least for me).

When I first put BP15 on, I was like - OH no WAY... too mediciney/BenGay for me. Quickly moved it to the back of the LP pile for "trading". BUT I failed to make the action that normally would've closed the chapter on Body Paint for me... I got distracted and DIDN'T wash it off.

An hour later, I'm doing my usual multi-task mom thing and I think... what smells so great? What did I put on earlier (I always try to test a couple of LPs)???

This one, for me anyway, molts into something soft and wonderful AFTER AN HOUR. Make no mistake, I was a hater in the first 10 minutes... but this is one of those Mara creations that so many of us (in our hasty busy existence) fail to notice (until quite by accident, you forget to wash it off and 'move on" to the next LP) Even after 18 months I continue to learn and appreciate the complexity and magic that each of Mara's beloved LPs have. I have no doubt that I have written off many LPs out of my samplers that I would probably LOVE now.

Anyway... BP has become a butterfly after I was convinced it was only the stinky, petrified worm in the bottom of a Mezcal bottle (too graphic!?!) I'm just saying here...(especially for the newbies of which I am NOT far removed) you HAVE to have patience with some of the LPs... in today's fast-paced-satisfy-me-NOW world, you may find you learn something about yourself in the process.

Edited by LoveStruck

• 2 weeks later...

So I did get this one and gave it a try. I did not get the crazy medicinal lavender that others have gotten. It was nice and well behaved on my skin and played really nicely with the blackberry. It was nicely mellowed by the vanilla. I only caught a faint hint O' honey. This was all fine and at first, I thought it might make a nice sleepy time potion, but there is a note in this which haunts me and is very strange on my skin. It tends to come out a bit later. I can not, for the life of me, detect what it is! I am going to let this one age a bit and see if that helps. My verdict is a thumbs up..until that strange mystery note chimes in. It's all quite nice until then.

I do actually think that this is the same lavender used in the original Body Paint as well as Fuzzy Wuzzy and Angela's Purple Pastry. I think that it's degrading over time and becoming more camphorous. I started smelling the change in my original Body Paint as well as in my Fuzzy Wuzzy in the last year. It goes die down more quickly than the one used in Tickle Tickle.

On my skin, this is that super pointy camphor lavender. Damn! I had high hopes for this one.

IMO, very similar to the effect from Tickle Tickle.

It's intresting but not much love. I will keep my trial to see what happens though.

Edited by StacyK

I love all the lavs, and this one does start off with a medicinal kind of edge for me, but it softens in the drydown and the overall effect can be summed up as: "Nom, nom, nom." :D While I'm enjoying my trial vial, Body Paint puts just a toe over the "too sweet for me to risk a FB" line, and I can't even really say why that is, because there are certainly other scents that share some of the same notes that I still feel comfortable with. Definitely a "your mileage may vary" kind of thing. I'm really glad I got the chance to try it, though.

• 1 month later...

This is not what I expected at all. This is all honey vanilla on me. I get zero lavender...weird. But I am not complaining in any way because my skin amps honey like crazy and I love it! I put this on hoping for a nice sleepy time lavender. I didn't get that, but I am very happy. This is lovely.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Finally cracked open my bottle last night to test. The lavender and honey came out very strong at the beginning but mellowed down long after dry down to become a soft and very cozy scent.

• 2 years later...