Mermaids of Atlantis 2015

Beccah

AD-Mermaids15_1.jpg

Mermaids of Atlantis 2015

One of our perennial bestsellers since its introduction in 2004…all the magical seductive allure of those daughters of La Mer: a lush floral bouquet of water lily, plumaria, gardenia, magnolia and lotus, with fresh green accents of Hawaiian maile leaf & vines, cucumber and bamboo, drowned in sea moss and bladderwrack and sweetened with a tropical twist of pineapple, mango and coconut. Each full-sized bottle contains the mermaid's treasure in the form of a pearl.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

WATER LILY ~ Purity of heart.
PLUMERIA ~ Love, strong ingredient for love spells.
GARDENIA ~ Mood elevator; powerfully 'magnetic' for women, enhances visage, love, passion, peace, healing, spirituality.
MAGNOLIA ~ Nobility. Psychic enhancer; inspires peace and harmony; fidelity.
MELONS ~ Water magic, fertility
HAWAIIAN MAILE LEAF & VINES ~ Wedded love, fidelity, friendship, affection, protection, sex, divination, healing, stamina.
BAMBOO ~ Protection, hex breaking, luck and wishes, fertility, wisdom, feminine energy.
BLADDERWRACK and SEA MOSS ~ Protection, money, psychic powers, sea spells.
CUCUMBER ~ Healing, fertility, abundance, invigorating.
PINEAPPLE ~ Draws money and luck; chastity, protection.
MANGO ~ Increases male libido, spiritually elevating.
COCONUT ~ Chastity, protection, purification, receptivity.

• 2 weeks later...

This has a similar essence to Tropical Musk in that both give off a dense sheer fragrance with their respective notes except Mermaids is more oceanic and romantically whimsical as opposed to tropical and euphoric. Also both are feel great scents.

I remember the last version having a bit more emphasis on the seaweed note. It was almost salty and reminded me of the actual smell of being by the ocean. This one is much more perfume-y to my nose. I'm mostly getting melon and plumeria with aquatic and florals going on in the background. Such a pretty scent!

I remember the last version having a bit more emphasis on the seaweed note. It was almost salty and reminded me of the actual smell of being by the ocean. This one is much more perfume-y to my nose. I'm mostly getting melon and plumeria with aquatic and florals going on in the background. Such a pretty scent!

Ohhh Bummer, I was hoping this one had that seaweed note, I love that note…..

• 3 weeks later...

This is such a pretty, sweet, floral. I am getting mostly sweet melon, plumeria, magnolia, and something green. Maybe the cucumber? It is very calming. I think this would be good to put on after a bath for good sleep.

I love the big fruity whiff I get at the beginning, and then it goes through a couple of stages. The mid is very watery, with a salty tang, but not as much of the seaweed aspect as I recall from the previous version. Then it goes rather perfume-y and settles down to a full-bodied floral. In the end it is very pretty, although MoA has never quite been my thing, I think if some of the fruit stuck around for me then I would definitely be loving this version.

• 3 years later...

I received a (free) trial of this and what can I say... I absolutely fell in love with it!

So much that I had my mother smell my wrist when I was wearing it.

She said she liked it but according to her "this is nothing to wear during the day".

It is "too much and too heavy for daytime, it is something for the evening, not for the office".

Why, I asked her?!

BECAUSE IT IS NOT FOR DAYTIME!!!, her answer... 🤣

So now I'm really interested in opinions...

Those who still have/wear this scent: do you wear it only at night or also during the day?

I absolutely would wear it when there's light outside, not only in the evening.

Given that it's a floral-aquatic kind of scent, it's definitely for daytime, IMO.  But you can wear an intense scent in the daytime, you just have to be careful how much you apply depending on the situation.

• 1 month later...

Thank you for your opinion.

My last order contained a full bottle of this. (Lucky me, I think it was the last one)

I guess I should do/try whatever feels comfortable for me (regarding perfumes). Because I'm doing the same thing with my make up.

That's a little bit off topic, I know. But every day when preparing for work, I'm painting myself a face. I always do quite dark eyes. Because it feels comfortable for me!

And also here it is my mother... saying that my eyes are way to dark for daytime...

But it doesn't feel odd. So I'm at the office with dark eyes during daytime feeling totally fine.