Pillow Stuffing 2015

Beccah

AD-PillowStuff15_1.jpg

Pillow Stuffing 2015

Sleep and relaxation scents are always sought-after and sold-out, thus one of the most effective returns to bring you deep restful sleep and pleasant dreams.

Based on Mara’s recipe for the contents of her Magical Dream Pillows, its’ lavish and relaxing scent can now be yours to slather at bedtime to promote a tranquil state of mind to enable the rest we require.  Calming lavender, German Blue Camomile, Indian patchouli leaves and oakmoss, with refreshing accents of peppermint, eucalyptus and birch leaf provide peace, protection and serene slumber.

(Note from Mara: This really is "Pillow Stuffing"! The oil ingredients used in this potion are the same as I use to stuff my "Magical Dream Pillows" in herb form. (It belatedly occurred to me that the lavish and relaxing scent of the Dream Pillows would make an equally lovely perfume.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

LAVENDER ~ Soothes/ restores body and mind. Arouses sexual desire in men, loyalty, purification, protection, healing. Third eye chakra, spiritually uplifting.
CHAMOMILE ~ Prosperity, calming & soothing. Love, peace, meditation.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.
OAKMOSS ~ Luck enhancing, financial success, protection, charity. Parental love.
PEPPERMINT ~ Stimulates, restores and uplifts. Cleansing, purification, relaxation, sleep, healing, psychic amplifier.
EUCALYPTUS ~ Healing.
BIRCH LEAF ~ Symbolizes renewal and cleansing, birth, healing, Lunar energies, and protection.

• 2 weeks later...

This is so soothing, it reminds me of herbal tea. I'm getting a very herbal lavender, peppermint and eucalyptus. Unfortunately, my BF doesn't care for the scent, so no spraying down the pillows over here.

I like how when this settles on my skin, it starts to smell almost a little masculine. It's so comforting and I would love to wrap myself up in this scent along with some cozy blankets, tea and a good book.

I adore this scent! So glad I went full bottle on this one. In a past life (10 years ago) I was working as a certified massage therapist and I swear this scent just takes me back to those aromatherapy rooms designed for relaxation and easing the mind into peacefulness. I swear I can feel the bunched muscles in my neck relax as I breathe this one in. The lavender is predominant to me in the beginning of application, but then I start getting hits of eucalyptus. And I usually don't have much love for patchouli, however this was just enough that I got very subtle hits, and it complimented the other notes so well that I didn't mind it at all. Love, love, love this one!!

Edited by Trissalynn

I put a couple dabs of the sampler on about a hour or two before bed. This is a scent that a B&B should give a spray or two on the beds before guests arrive. It really was nice. I am learning that some of these scents have their own purpose. I felt comfortable wearing this. At ease.

I probably would not wear it as a cologne out in public, but at home it smells homey.

• 4 weeks later...

:heart: love this!!!

I wore this to bed lastnight and the scent was just dreamy. On me it's a slightly herbal/fresh scent. Relaxing & pretty. I get a very light hint of something I might almost describe as green in the background. I never had the original so I can't compare. But, I did have the wax melt awhile back. This is less "perfumey".

I love my bedtime scents.

This is lovely, but it's a lot "heavier" than I thought, considering the ingredients (which I consider delicate smelling). It could be because I'm a lavender ho, and developing some nose-blindness, but I don't really pick up on the lavender as much as the patch, oakmoss, and chamomile. The peppermint and eucalyptus are there when wet, but then all but disappear on me after dry-down.

It's herbal and lavendery enough for me to enjoy, but I'm not sure about a full bottle... A sample seems adequate for now. I can see this being one that might surprise you with aging.

--

ETA: Two hours later, I'm mostly all patchouli and something fighting to be lavender with a bit of oakmoss.

Sigh... I wish I didn't amp patch so much that it kills everything next to it. So many blends I can't fully indulge in... :hearts04276:

Edited by VerrryVeronica

• 5 months later...

I love this smell. It reminds me of the winter when I make tea and light an incense before I snuggle up with my babies or read a book. I liked it from the second I opened the bottle to the way it initially smelled on me and then how it smelled after it settled on me. I need a full bottle of this for sure because I don't think the trial vial will last me very long. :)