Tropical Musk 2015

Beccah

AD-TropicalMusk15_1.jpg

Tropical Musk 2015

Our classic evocation of a tropical mood, now recreated for the fourth time! This ever-popular fragrance is a vacation destination in a bottle...lush coconut and coconut cream accords mingle with the sultry aura of a blend of Egyptian, white and green musks, topped with a cool breeze of bamboo, enhanced with tropical vanilla and the summery sparkle of pineapple.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

COCONUT ~ Chastity, protection, purification, receptivity.
BAMBOO ~ Protection, hex breaking, luck and wishes, fertility, wisdom, feminine energy.
MUSK ~
Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
PINEAPPLE ~ Draws money and luck; chastity, protection.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

• 2 weeks later...

I love this, I could splash around in a tub of it, it's aquatic and tropical, vanilla/coconut/pineapple forward joyous and festive. So many of these scents are incredible, the Honeyed Love Potion is another I love, the smoothest blended Honey scent I've ever tried, I thought I'd mention that here cause it's review thread is locked but seriously I could go on and on I think everyone will be pretty impressed w these Greatest Hits editions.

This is every bit as good as Velvet & Steel. It's fresh, lush and sexy! I would say the only difference I can think of is maybe a tiny, very little hint more of coconut and less bamboo than V&S. I adore this and I'm so happy it's back. I remember last year wearing the last version and my friend was like damn girl, you smell like beaches and coconuts. Another thing I love about this, is the longevity. Seriously, a small swipe lasts for hours.

Yes these aug scents all seem to have great longevity.

Had to add not only does the drydown scent have longevity but the intent on this does as well, it's a major mood lifting scent, it put me in a great mood for hours. I think if you worked w this scent it could do a 180 on your mood. I was in a funk earlier and did a chakra meditation to regroup and I instictively slathered this on and have been joyously doing menial tasks that I would normally procrastinate on, powerful stuff.

Edited by Cherise

Hearts, I've been so eager to read a comparison between TM and V&S (my favourite scent of all time, hands down, from anywhere). Sounds Like Has done it again, with a coconut on top!

The difference between the two is really very subtle. I think I noticed because I just wore my Velvet & Steel sample not too long ago and it was fresh on my mind.

Sniffing this one fresh out of the vial, I thought it was too "green" for my liking, as green notes tend to amp on my skin and turn into air freshener. I tried a dime sized blob on my inner elbow to test, and also for ease of washing if it became to much.

Anyhoo, I go out and about, and kept getting whiffs of something absolutely amazing. I thought it was a fellow shopper who had passed me in the aisle, so I tried to be nonchalant and saunter casually to where she was to get another sniff, but her phone rang and she walked away. I didn't follow this time, I didn't want to be a creeper, lol! I didn't realize it was ME who smelled so good until I got in my car to go home.

So after the green notes settled, (must have been while I was driving to the store with the windows down) I got the nicest combo of coconut and tropical vanilla, made silky smooth and a touch powdery from the Egyptian musk. I kept sniffing my arm on the way home, thinking I must have put on Mermaids by mistake. I tried Tropical Musk again the next day, and the same thing! It just smells so different on my skin than in the vial, such a happy surprise. It just goes to show that something you don't think will work sometimes becomes even better than you could even hope for. (Note to self! Always get the sampler!) No wonder this one has been rebrewed multiple times!

I will continue to test out my sample and as long as the green notes stay very light, I will probably have to get a bottle! :D

The difference between the two is really very subtle.

I agree, they're basically the same, I think. It has the same watery brightness which distinguishes V&S from the original Christine's Tropical Musk. You get the familiar sense of tropical breeze/poolside chilling with appropriate ambiance.

This makes my heart sigh every single time I wear it. This rebrew is so close to Velvet and Steel that I could call them one in the same. If anything, the coconut carries a bit more of the conversation; however, there is no one note that tries to jockey for position. Perfectly balanced sea breezes, fresh coconut and sun-kissed skin, a touch of bright pineapple, and the sunset melting into the ocean.

If I had only one scent to wear for the rest of my life, this would be it. Mara, thank you, from the bottom of my heart for rebrewing this. XO♡♡XO

ETA:This has incredible staying power! Nine hours and the coconut and musk are still softly conversing.

Edited by Wanderlust

Velvet and Steel is one of my top 3 LP favorites. (It actually competes with Ebil-ish 2014 for the #1 spot.)

So imagine my surprise when I saw that Tropical Musk has a wonderfully similar scent at Velvet & Steel. I agree with Wendylynne and hearts in that it has a hint more coconut than V&S. It's a thick, rich coconut on me, and it blends beautifully with the bamboo. It's not as green as V&S, but I think that makes me like Tropical Musk even more.

This is the perfect tropical scent without being too on par with suntan oil. It's very grown and sexy tropical.

• 4 weeks later...

Love it!

Love my V&S too. This is heavier on the coconut than V&S. But, and thank god btw, it's not a cloying coconut overload. It retains that cool, clam and collected "blue green" air.

Coconut without the "suntan" oil. It's refined. A kiss of soft sophistication.

A sexy adult woman on vacation. No teenyboppers or kiddies allowed!

I wore this tonight and then went out with the family, promptly forgetting to check it over time to see how it dried down and such. I was sitting by my brother and would occasionally get a whiff of something that smelled like a really nice clean shampoo or body wash and I wondered what he had used. It was a little more girly than his usual fair but maybe he was out of his wash and grabbed whatever was handy.

Then I realized it was me. I felt better knowing that the cool tropical scent was mine and a little sad for my brother because he didn't smell as awesome as I did. Not that I expect him to care much but he does seem to appreciate smelling good when he's trying to be clean and presentable.

• 2 months later...

I am wearing this today in Mazatlan. The weather is about 80 degrees and I thought it was time to try my trial vial.

Initially, I got something kind of sour but that was the bamboo...it isn't sour, but sharp bamboo. That quickly left and then I have had a lovely pineapply coconutty kind of sweetness, toned down by the musk. This is very nice. My only issue is that it is burning off on me so quickly because I am walking around, shopping, and a little sweaty.

Perfect scent for my vacation.

• 7 months later...

I got this to replace my much-loved Velvet & Steel. They're virtually identical to my nose, though this one feels a little sheerer. That may be due to the slight difference in age. Regardless, I love it, and am so happy I was able to score a bottle in the sale. I wear Velvet & Steel quite often, and was beginning to panic that my bottle is almost empty, until I remembered this rebrew! It's light enough that I can wear it to work without feeling like I'm overwhelming the food, or the people I'm in contact with, but it's not *just* a work scent for me. This is very much a "play" scent, too, because it has such a breezy, sexy, summery feel. I'm not sure which note is the one that always grabs me - I think it's a combination of the coconut & bamboo. There's a real airy quality to it that I enjoy, especially in our humid Southwestern Ontario summers. It's enough to almost trick my mind into believing that it isn't as wet and sticky out as it really is, because there's this "tropical breeze" around me! :D

Eggs we seem to like the same beachy sex scents! I also grabbed this one during the sale, and not only did I grab it, I boosted this mofo with SS4W. For me this is the perfect pairing. I didn't boost with Gotcha because Seaside was more Gidget and Gotcha, this one however, is more Liz Taylor at the beach. There's something about this scent that is playful but refined in a beachy sex kind of way, if you can have refined beach sex.. Which I think you can actually if you stay at an all inclusive where they have private beaches.

Yes like that. Refined beach sex in a bottle deserving of a SS4w boost!

LOL! I just commented in the Seaside thread that I've had a real craving for beachy scents lately! I LOVE this one. I used to always wear Velvet & Steel with Super Sexy, and I'll probably do the same with this. They're a perfect fit, I think. Tropical Musk's airy kind of feel reminds me of this little beach village in Mexico that I used to stay in for a month or two at the end of my backpacking trips. It wasn't refined by any stretch, (unless you can call a $5 hammock rental "refined" :lol: ), but it still fits! I'm glad Mara's rebrewed this so many times. It's one of those scents I don't really like being without, it just seems to capture that sexy, laid-back beachy feel so freakin' well. It makes me feel like I should be lying on my sarong, eating empanadas de pina for lunch!

LOL! I just commented in the Seaside thread that I've had a real craving for beachy scents lately! I LOVE this one. I used to always wear Velvet & Steel with Super Sexy, and I'll probably do the same with this. They're a perfect fit, I think. Tropical Musk's airy kind of feel reminds me of this little beach village in Mexico that I used to stay in for a month or two at the end of my backpacking trips. It wasn't refined by any stretch, (unless you can call a $5 hammock rental "refined" :lol: ), but it still fits! I'm glad Mara's rebrewed this so many times. It's one of those scents I don't really like being without, it just seems to capture that sexy, laid-back beachy feel so freakin' well. It makes me feel like I should be lying on my sarong, eating empanadas de pina for lunch!

OMG empanadas!! Refined sex and empanadas!

This is a classic scent. Always needs to be rebrewed!

OMG empanadas!! Refined sex and empanadas!

This is a classic scent. Always needs to be rebrewed!

I agree. This is one I love seeing return time and time again.

The empanadas were delicious. The sex was NOT refined. ;):lol: It WAS fun though!

• 2 months later...

I got this during the sale, and I'm so glad I did, oh my lord. It's amazing. I starting to notice I basically love anything Mara makes with coconut. I get a lot of bright coconut initially with about equal amounts of pineapple and bamboo. The bamboo for me really gives this the "tropical beach" scent. The drydown for me is mostly bamboo and musk. This is instantly in my top 5.

• 1 year later...

I used this over some UN Cougar, and forgot to check it as it evolved, but 3 hours later, it's a smooth musk. I smell a touch of coconut and vanilla, maybe a hint of pineapple, but it's melded into a creamy Musk: I wouldn't notice anything else if I didn't know what I was sniffing for from the gate: it's very nice. I will reapply and try to pay attention this time.