Hiker's Morning Woods by Tara

Guest cutie.pie

Guest cutie.pie

image_zpsc4xvo3px.jpg

Hiker's Morning Woods by Tara

Tara asked for: crisp morning air, a fire and a faint whiff of brewing coffee.

A blend of fresh green woods and leaves, ozone, and little drops of woodsmoke and fresh brewed black coffee. Lovely!

This scent evokes exactly what I asked for. Wet it smells of fresh air and green woods. Once, very faintly, I caught the scent of coffee. That was the perfect amount, barely there, as though coming to you on the breeze from the smoored campfire behind you.

On dry down, it smells clean and woody. It lasts a long time. I put it on yesterday and can still smell it on my wrists now. I would say it is a unisex scent, maybe even a little masculine. There is something energizing about it, like a lung full of crisp mountain air to get the day started right. I really want to pair my other bottle with mega watt.

This is beautiful, Mara. Thank you very much!

I need to give this a better test when the weather cools down, but my preliminary report is that this is one of the best LP nature scents I've encountered! I love the way it evokes fall while still being a very bright clear scent. No pumpkin, no apple, no dark woods, none of that -- but somehow the leafy-ness has a chill to it, a sense of shorter days and colder weather coming. Which means for me that it has that energizing effect Mai described.

So far I'm just getting the greens and the ozone, but as I've mentioned elsewhere, we are in a little heat wave here and I am finding I can only wear a couple of very summery scents -- everything else seems to burn off too quickly and lose its nuance so I'm not surprised I can't find all the notes here. I can't wait to try this later and hopefully get the smoke and coffee.

Oh, and yes, a guy could totally rock this.

Congrats Maililyahn! It's a wonderful idea; I'm so glad you entrusted it to the Potion Master!

Congrats Maililyahn! It's a wonderful idea; I'm so glad you entrusted it to the Potion Master!

Me too! Thank you very much for the review! I agree that it is a great one for Autumn. Grimoire also has weight to it that I think is better for cooler weather. I can't wait to try both again after further aging. (Not that I am not wearing them while waiting because I totally am.)

This sounds like a scent I would go for!

• 1 month later...

I think Mai gave a pretty good description of this scent.

When it first went on, all I got was almost overpowering ozone - almost air freshener strength - I was actually a little alarmed. but even before it dried down, it began to morph and all the rest of the outdoors scents started coming through. Overall it is a very clean air and fresh green woods scent. And it is a green woods scents, like the woods at the height of summer, just a little wet, like perhaps morning dew or a distant shower. (This is not greenery like out in the garden scent.) In the background you catch a just a little hint of the fire/smoke and coffee brewing, like the campsite is a slight distance away.

This is a great outdoorsy scent if you are into that and I am! The scent is complete in itself but if you wanted to tweak it, you could play with some of the outdoors sugared line, although the sugared part would change it.

ETA: The scent only seems to get better as it ages on my skin. The coffee scent gets a little stronger as time goes on but is never overpowering - more like just a stronger part of the background.

Edited by quietguy

Thank you very much for the review, QG! :)

It might go well with a very earthy resin scent, something to make it a darker woods type of scent. I might have to try that.