Hello! New and trembling w/ anticipation! :) Suggestion for 1st order?

LexiJo

Hello ladies,

I'm brand new here and have been reading the forums voraciously, and am literally practically trembling with excitement and anticipation about entering this fabulous brand-new world! I'm a long time fragrance/perfume lover and addict, but am new to using cops and pheromones. I'm 50 and married. I've been compiling a list of samples and even a FB or two...sounds like I MUST have Love Potion original and Red! My DH is somewhat anosmic due to a many many years ago addiction to a certain sniffed illegal drug. Clean and sober for about 20 years now, so that's all good, just the lingering effects of a weak sense of smell. I wear fragrance every single day for myself and can't imagine not wearing it. He *can* smell, just not that well. I, on the other hand have an extremely sensitive nose and am good at picking out notes in perfumes, wines, etc.

So.

Besides some fabulous new perfumes that just plain smell delicious for me, I'm very interested in trying some Pheros and cops. We are currently living in the rented finished basement apartment of my in-laws' home. Yes. It is as sucky as it sounds, and thank god we're moving in two months. There's been a lot of stress we've both been under lately due to that, as well as the greater fact that hubby recently fought, won, and kicked cancer's butt! :)) We did an intensive all-natural therapy that was very demanding and time consuming. I even cut back my work hours to half time so I could help him with juicing and food prep for the cancer treatment. It's been a stressful year and a half in many ways (but thank god he has beat this thing and is now cancer free-SO ate full and happy), and we kind of "forgot" about our...ahem...physical relationship. We've been distracted, stressed out, and just too tired. Things are finally getting back to more normal, and I want "us" back! We are doing great out of the bedroom, we have a great, loving relationship and very good communication, but the spice and sexy has kind of sputtered out. I have put on some weight, he has too. I have lost about half of it and have about 20 lbs to go, and don't have as much body confidence as I used to, which is a huge mood-killer for me, as I used to be very confident and initiated "playtime" a lot, which he loved and was very in to, and responsive and receptive to.

What I am looking for, is something to "wake up" our sexual desire for each other, break through some shyness and rustiness on both our parts, and get us back in the groove. I'd also really like it if he was more of the initiator more often. I'm usually the one who starts things--its always been that way-it's not recent. I'd like him to be more "man" to my "woman" if that makes sense. ? Is it also possible to inspire him to feel extra turned on by me and "present"? Like, slow down and want to please *me*? LOL I could use a little boost of "feel good" and some sexual female confidence for myself, too. We talk about all this, and agree, and hug and cuddle and laugh and say we really need to...(you know..I don't want to use inappropriate words on the forum)...more. But we don't. I KNOW for a fact that we both want to, because when I can't stand it anymore (my sex drive has always been a bit higher than his) and I jump him, lol, it's awesome and we are both like, "WOW, why don't we do that WAY More often?!?!"

I've read good things about LAM (still have to look up what that stands for!) and have that on my list, and maybe Compromising Positions. Our kids are grown and out of the house, so no worries there, lol! ;) As he doesn't have a great sense of smell, it's rare that he comments on my perfumes, but the ONE he consistently notices and comments on positively is a Dragon's Blood oil perfume I have and wear sometimes. He husk it's "spicy". I tend to go for things like Egyptian Musk, Vanilla, Fruity, Dragon's Blood, some gourmand, Amber, Patchouli, and Woods, and am not much of a floral girl. As for my style I'm kind of a boho hippie chick, lol. I know he also likes cinnamon (don't they all? lol)

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd so very much appreciate them. After gong through such a rough period and coming out victoriously cancer free on the other side, I want so much to settle back into our comfy, normal, sexy, fun, lovey selves. Everything else is there, it's just that our sex life just kind of went pppffftt!

:(...WE WANT IT BACK!

Thank you so much for reading this and for your help and wonderful giving hearts. I love how this is such a friendly community, and I have learned so much from all of you already! Thanks in advance, and hugs. :)

Edited by LexiJo

Welcome. I think you'd do well to try the ladies sampler listed in the perfumerie.

You could add in any of the scents or pheros you think you'd like that are not included.

I definitely recommend you try a couple of the Occos (scented EOW coplins) in trial size too.

Additionally, try the scented Like A Magnet (aka LAM) blend.

Compromising Positions (has the Sexpionage phero blend) too.

Good luck. :)

Edited by StacyK

Welcome Lexi! :D

I feel like you should check out the spell oils, Particularly Fascination Potion, Love Thyself and the One True Love ones. Also Cougar, for sparkle and Confidence. Leather for feeling more like a sexy badass. I love LP Original and Red, GREAT call on those! I would also check out Embody the Tarot: The Lovers (double whammy, smells DELICIOUS and these have strong intent like the spell oils. Also for scent, some of the Unisex resin ones like Soul Food, Tails of Mystery & Crayons:Burnt Umber. Sounds like you might like the same kind of scents as me.

Be back with more, my 10 month old just left me a 'gift' that DOESNT smell too sweet!

You mentioned that you want him to be into pleasing you... You might try some of the bonding pheros like perfect match? That one gets me feeling sexy but also affectionate. And it's a unisex phero blend!! I LOVE when the bf wears it. You will have no trouble finding a scent you like, though!! I am still fairly new and get the best results when I use the phero'd scents. Mara blends them expertly and I usually manage to use the right amount. You may also like garland w/lace v5. That's a flirty feminine phero blend (might help boost your confidence?) with a great creamy fall spice scent, since you like gourmand and spicy and he loves cinnamon. Also I'm highly anticipating November when you can buy trials of unscented pheros!! You just have to try and see what blends you like best. For me it's PM and lumina. Best of luck and Im sure you'll have fun figuring out what you like best!! Welcome!!

Edited by belle-ville

Welcome to the forum, & congrats on kicking cancer's a$$!

The women's sampler will definitely be a good way to start off. Sexpionage is good for getting things started, & Cougar is good for a confidence boost. Other than that, I say jumping in & experimenting is always the best way to start.

Thank you so much to everyone for your sweet replies and great recommendations! I definitely have some good ideas of where to start and will be getting the sampler and as I mentioned, full bottles of LP and LP Red. The descriptions and raves on those two sound like fragrances I'd truly love. I'm fascinated by the Pheros and cops and have been learning a lot in The Reading Room. Do any of you live near the actual LPMP brick and mortar shop? OMG...soon envious!!! IF I EVER get to that area of the country, going there is a MUST on my list! I can only imagine how much better it would feel to actually be surrounded by all of these treasures - WAY BETTER THAN BEING A KID IN A CANDY STORE! For now though, I'm enjoying reading and planning my first order. I've heard a lot of good things about Open Windows, so may need to check that out too. And whaaaaat? Next mo th we can get sample sizes of the unscented pheros?!?! I know I Wo t be able to WAIT till then to place my order, so it sounds like there's gonna be another one placed in November! I can see the addiction already developing, lol! My birthday is this month, so any and all possible BD $ is already designated. Just need to figure out how to add a photo to my profile. Tried like 10 times and nothing will upload. Back to shopping...so much fun! Thank you all again, and everyone have a wonderful fabulously scented day!

Thank you so much to everyone for your sweet replies and great recommendations! I definitely have some good ideas of where to start and will be getting the sampler and as I mentioned, full bottles of LP and LP Red. The descriptions and raves on those two sound like fragrances I'd truly love. I'm fascinated by the Pheros and cops and have been learning a lot in The Reading Room. Do any of you live near the actual LPMP brick and mortar shop? OMG...soon envious!!! IF I EVER get to that area of the country, going there is a MUST on my list! I can only imagine how much better it would feel to actually be surrounded by all of these treasures - WAY BETTER THAN BEING A KID IN A CANDY STORE! For now though, I'm enjoying reading and planning my first order. I've heard a lot of good things about Open Windows, so may need to check that out too. And whaaaaat? Next mo th we can get sample sizes of the unscented pheros?!?! I know I Wo t be able to WAIT till then to place my order, so it sounds like there's gonna be another one placed in November! I can see the addiction already developing, lol! My birthday is this month, so any and all possible BD $ is already designated. Just need to figure out how to add a photo to my profile. Tried like 10 times and nothing will upload. Back to shopping...so much fun! Thank you all again, and everyone have a wonderful fabulously scented day!

November is what is called Pheromas. All the new releases with be phero enhanced. Additionally, all pheros & phero blends will be available in a smaller sample size. NOT the trial size.

The Pheromas offerings are larger. Usually cost $15.

Some of the trials in the women's sampler are phero enhanced. Have fun!

November is what is called Pheromas. All the new releases with be phero enhanced. Additionally, all pheros & phero blends will be available in a smaller sample size. NOT the trial size.

The Pheromas offerings are larger. Usually cost $15.

Some of the trials in the women's sampler are phero enhanced. Have fun!

Maaaaan I can't wait.

Hi LexiJoe, from reading the notes you like I think you would love the LAM phero in Sandlewood and Resins. Also Strange and Unusual is on sale in the Etsy shop and I think your husband would love that one...it is very Dragons bloody and so sexy and exotic...you are also on track with LP Red and what about LP Black? That sounds like you. Sexpionage, Blatant Invitation, LAM...as far as pheros you can try them all next month as everyone had said so definitely go all out there and try them all!

Welcome and good luck! I actually haven't tried any of the cops or sex pheros yet because I'm single and kind of too busy to think much about that stuff. But it sounds like others have made some great recommendations. I'm also looking forward to trying out some new things in November.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello and welcome!

I purchased my first pheros last November in the trial size via etsy, they are perfect for experimenting and come in dropper bottles and worth the wait. It sound as though you have similar tastes and LP red is definitely a winner. Best of luck to you.

Congratulations and welcome, LexiJo. You are definitely found the right place! I recommend Caressful Breeze w/Blatant Invitation. My husband also liked OCCO Ambrosia 2015. Haven't tried any of the LAMs or BAMs yet, but I am certain that they would deliver.

OMG! I got my very first order! ??? I got the Best Selling Women's Collection, samples of LAM sugared vanilla & honey, BAM sugared vanilla & honey, Kittenish, OCCO Blue, and full bottles of Love Potion Original, LP Blue, and UNscented Perfect Match. I am in absolute olfactory heaven. So far I've tried LP Original, Kittenish, LP Blue, and LP Black. So far LP Blue is in first place with LP Black as a verrrrry close second! I'll do separate reviews for each. I want to try EVERYTHING...NOW! But I've been giving each scent a full day alone to fully judge dry down and all of the fabulously morphing stages and nuances. I've read a LOT on these boards already and am learning a lot. I have to say, I have absolutely been "bitten", and have already developed a full-blown addiction. I would have considered myself a perfume addict BEFORE finding LPMP, but this...THIS takes things to a whole new level! I haven't stopped applying and sniffing myself for the three days I've had my precious package! I'm already formulating my second order and planning full bottle purchases too. ? Heaven...I'm in heaven!!! ? I did try the Perfect Match on three separate occasions and didn't notice any effects at all on myself all three times, BUT hubby was definitely suuuuper affectionate and lovey and huggy two out of those times, which is fantastic and sooo nice! I have read a bit that your cycle can change the way scents/pheros "work" on you, so I may be experiencing some of those effects bc it's "that time" for me. Is that usually better or worse for skin chemistry? I'd imagine worse, since ovulation makes you naturally more "scentually" attractive in and of itself, and that's 2 weeks away from where I am now. Don't imaging Mother Nature would have planned to have you "attracting" a mate when you're actually on your period, but who knows? So much more to try, I'll report back on individual fragrances. Thank you all for being here and being as addicted as I know I will be! This is so much fun! ?

Aw, Tyvey, that's lovely... Tyvey is one great LPMP board member (when she pokes her head in ;-) )...

I'd also like to welcome you, congratulate you on surviving one TOUGH time, and wish you luck with your samplings/experimenting and firing up the relationship again! When new members join, I can recall again those first days of finding AMAZING scents, and playing with the pheros...so much fun!

Flibbertigibbet, THANK YOU SO MUCH! The more I read on the forum, the more impressed I am at what a nice, fun, friendly, genuine group you all have here. I'm honored to be a part of it! Wearing Cuddle Bunny 2009 today, nothing so far, but I love the scent! Preparing my second order as we speak!

Oops...Tyvey. Obviously I'm a newb and still learning. ALL of you are great, and very welcoming. Thank you so much.