Haystack

Beccah

AD-Haystack_1.jpg

Haystack

So-named for the confectionary delight, chocolate-coconut haystacks! Mounds of sweet shredded coconut drizzled with creamy chocolate, rich brown sugar and caramel on a base of sweet amber. A frightfully delightful treat, but there’s no hay in it...did we trick ya?!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

COCONUT ~ Protection, purification, receptivity.
CHOCOLATE/COCOA ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck,
sweetness
and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

Mmmmm this smells like Almond Joy chocolate bars. I thought this would be more chocolate heavy, the coconut is the main attraction here. Sweet, sticky shredded coconut... With a little bit of chocolate. This one doesn't last too long on me. But I like it so much, that might grab a bottle so I can slather freely.

I love this one in the vial, it is so freakin' delicious. Total NOM.

But... :(

On my skin it is total fail. It reminds me of how some of the original Sugared scents turned out, just a weird plastic-y vaguely sweet kind of thing. I'm assuming there might be a dairy note in there which is just rebelling with all the gusto of a teenager. So I may give this one a spin as room fragrance, and try it again in a few months to see if it behaves better.

Oh my goodness godess Agnes! Flipping my proverbial lid! Coconut, maybe tossed in sparkly-fine sugar,chocolate, and what seems like (to my nose), not amber, but Aja. Let me add, and this is a verrrrrry good thing, I've been rolled in a Mounds Bar!! Yummmmmmmm.

On application: coconut and a milk chocolate combo, very creamy truffle-like.

30 minutes: lost the chocolate, but the coconut/Aja-like scent is a lovely mix.

One hour: less coconut/Aja-like scent has morphed into a creamy almost white chocolate

Two hours: same as at 30 minutes

Haystack is a tricky little beastie. Perfect for Halloween. In the vial and freshly applied to skin, it is mouth wateringly delectable. Rich chocolate and gobs of sugary shredded coconut. Just like a mounds bar. I really want to eat it. Rarely do I have that reaction in such a legit way. However, it pretty quickly starts morphing. The sweet sticky coconut changes to a smooth coconut soap. It's very similar to a recent coconut LP that I remember the smell of quite clearly but cannot remember the name of at the moment. The chocolate backs off pretty quickly. So my heart is broken at that point. But then hours later, the sweet smell comes back and the soapiness fades away. I'm going to do a full slather tomorrow to better test. It's interesting and fun to wear for entertainment value, but it might be too demanding of me. I'll enjoy my sample though.

This mouth watering coconut forward Almond Joy lp set off a candy craving effect so in the spirit of Halloween I decided to douse myself in multiple sweet treat scents to find the best combo and like this w Titan Sweet. The orange juiciness of Titan and hint of maple meshes well w the bursting flavors of Haystack.

My experience of this scent is word-for-word same as Halo's. Consider it copied & pasted here :) That mounds bar thing is pretty fantastic. It did fade on me relatively quickly but everything seems to be these days... probably not drinking enough water.

On my skin this one is all, "MADCRAZYDELICIOUSNUTTY" coconut wet, then it goes through an odd phase where it fights for control w/the chocolate notes...chocolate throws in the towel, and I'm left with a soft, nutty, sweet scent with a hint of the dreaded plasticky note a la Luna. Not sure this will work well for me.

• 9 months later...

Testing this today. It has an almost soapy coconutty feel to it that I'm kinda diggin'. There's a little chocolate coming through, but it's almost a translucent, gauzy chocolate feel. The coconut is not overwhelming, nor husky. It's creamy & sheer. Honestly, it reminds me a little bit of Lady V's Sweet Pussycat, but like a mildly soapy, clean pussycat! LOL! I hope I don't put anyone off with my "soapy" description, because I mean it in the very best way. I'm kinda lovin' this one. The whole thing has a kind of skin musk effect on me, which I love. There's no musk in it, so I'm guessing that's the amber creating that effect. Whatever it is, I love it.

I'm planning to wear it to work tonight, with a little Heart & Soul and a touch of Cuchi Head.

Edited because I can't spell

Edited by Eggers

• 1 year later...

Some of the reviews had me worried so I almost didn't get this, but thank you Bella for sending me it anyway! It turned out to be my favorite. I don't even like eating chocolate coconut things very much but I guess they smell better than they taste. This is so delicious and luckily never goes plasticky or soapy on me. It is a very soft scent that lies close to the skin, which I like so I don't smell too foody. However, at the same time it smells totally edible, like not an actual Mounds bar but a softened up wearable version. :Emoticons0086: