Infusion

Beccah

AD-Infusion_1.jpg

Infusion

Did you know, when you slather yourself in the scent of raspberry and exotic musks, you become extra tasty to vampires? It's a fact. Just, to die for, delicious! So give that special bloodsucker in your life something to sink his or her teeth into....a redder-than-red blend of black raspberry, black currant and pomegranate, with a base of silky white and smoky red musks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

BLACK RASPBERRY ~ Love inducing, aids in pregnancy discomforts, protection. Stamina, vigor.
BLACK CURRANT ~ Aids success in love affairs, and a magical representation of blood.
POMEGRANATE ~ Divination, luck, wishes granted, wealth, fertility.
RED MUSK ~
Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a very red cherry scent on my skin. I thought I'd get more red musk and maybe some resin'ish scent out of that, but the musk is very blended to my nose.

I get a fruity cherry scent that almost smells like its accompanied by a honey note. Interesting that those notes are not actually present.

Raspberry and currant always go wonky on me. In this scent, the raspberry is not too sweet but tart. The musk is beautiful. For some reason though, the combination of these notes is reminding me of a raspberry incense. Maybe it's the red musk?

I'm getting the incense vibe, too. I'm guessing the red musk has a hint of nag champa, which is what reminds me of incense.The currant stands out most for me, and I am LOVING the fruity musk goodness. It's like sexy fruit soup for my skin. After some drydown time, the musk amps even more, it gets a little sweeter, deeper, and I get even more of the incense vibe. I LOVE this! I definitely want to try this with cops. I'm not a huge SS4W fan, but I feel this would go well with it, too.

But oh...wait...something's gone weird and powdery? And it's all disappearing way too soon? I don't understand, the only things that have gone like this on my skin are vanillas and sugars. I'm confused. And very sad. I was totally going to stock up on this. :cry:

Edited by rain_dancer

Tart and earthy lush blackberry and black currant. A glimpse of raspberry and bright pomegranate peek through and wink. Wonderful. Then comes the musk..uh-oh. This is turning to a nose poker incense. I'm waiting this out to see how this develops. Please, hold.

Ok, after an hour I decided this is not a 'me' scent. This went from very berrylicious to a nearly chewable incense. I think the red musk overpowered me. I don't dislike the scent, but it is loud on my skin. This would be fine at open air events where it had room to move and breathe.

Edited by Wanderlust

This begins as bright berries and then settles into the red musk. It's interesting. Don't know if it's for me, though. It's bright, but it turns kind of "perfumey". I think Mara made a bath product out of this scent or something similar and it really does remind me of a bath and body kind of scent. I don't find it very fall-like, so I think I'll set it aside for my "berry" month or Valentine's Day when I feel like a "red" scent. I didn't find it to be overly strong, but it was one of the sample swipes that lasted a little longer. I will definitely revisit it, though. The "fruits" (as I guess I should call them) are really good in the first wet splash, almost edible! I guess it all depends how you feel about a red musk drydown. I am undecided or not won over...yet.

I like this one, but I am also a fan of Erin's Sweetly Smutty Lusty Musky and Shelly B's Honey Cherry, which this one sort of reminds me of. It's kind of medicinal in the vial but on me it's bright and juicy and then it settles down into berry musk-dom, which I like very much. I think the tartness of the fruit keeps the red musk from going too incense-like in my case.

Ooooh, this one works for me, oh yes! Bright berries start off at the fore, but are now even with the yummy almost-smokey musk. It *does* remind me of something...I can't recall what it was, either a bath or home scent I used to love long ago. Mmmm... I'm thinking of pairing this with Skye Loves Chocolate. I think it'd be damn good with any simple chocolate scent. Dark especially!

I was expecting more incense from the reviews and, since I like incense, I was fine with that. In fact, the reviews were what made me want to try it because I hadn't been excited by the smell of it in the bottle.

But...I don't get incense. It is a lovely juicy red berry and it stays that way pretty much the very end. It has nice throw and staying power. I can see where it could be seen a bath product scent but this definitely not a kid shampoo or bubble bath scent but a grown up sophisticated berry.

I put this one on yesterday after reading that some people weren't getting the resins in the musk. As I suspected the red musk is pretty much all I can smell. Just a whiff of berry goodness and a full frontal assault of RED MUSK shaking it's balls in my face. Takes me back to my age old question. Do I dislike certain notes because they amp so badly on me, becoming intrusive and overwhelming? Or do I notice notes that I strongly dislike more because I truly can't stand them? Either way this is a hard pass for me. Although 10 hours later the spot that I applied has soft sheer raspberry lingering. That much I like. Kind of like a red lace bra that was hiding under the big heavy black cape that Dracula was wearing while out hunting for blood. I just don't think I can handle the long extended process. It was a fun ride though and I might even try again. I'm having a lot of fun testing this month's lovelies.

Hm, this one is interesting! As others have described, wet it was very berry, but in a way I really liked. As it dried down and the red musk gets more pronounced, the berries seemed to get tart, almost sour, but in a way that made this feel edgy and intriguing. I also keep thinking I get a touch of leather. Anyway, not a me scent, but for the right person -- empowerment in a bottle!

Halo, I agree, this month's sampler is so much fun to test! Even if things are not turning out to be scents I want to go full bottle on, so far each one has been intriguing and had something I really liked about it!

The red berries were a lot stronger in the 1st 15 minutes after I applied Infusion at about 2 p.m. today. My skin ate Infusion about an hour in, now I've got the faintest hint of raspberry incense. It's really reminding me of that Wild Berry brand of incense, but with zero sillage. You can smell it on me, if you get your nose up close & personal to my wrist.

ETA: As a side note, I think I need to try red musk as a single note.

Edited by Beccah

GRRRROWL! I fucking love this!!!!! I am dying over myself in this right now. Normally I cannot stomach the berry scents...they get so sharp and nauseating on me. This is super tart so I don't know why I love it so much. I love the red musk!! It's total-otal incense on me and I love it. I wish my damn Sex Guy liked musky incensey scents because this is horny inducing to me. He wants me to smell like a damn fruit loop all the time. Which is fine, I've got plenty of those but sometimes I like to smell like a bad bitch and that is what this makes me feel like. This is strong as hell on me too. It only took a few swipes. I think I may cop this and wear it with Leather. Go out and find another Sex Guy who wants an incense type!! (J/K.) (Kind of.)

I have got to get the Sugared Red Musk with my next order Fo Sho!!!!!!!!

Yup yup! I'll use your LP genre list to build my boy toy stable upon...

Ooh that's at least 36 stallions. If you are rotating regularly you don't have to see any of them more often than once a month. You don't even have to like them at that point. They just need to be hot!

I really like this one. I get the fruit - kind of a mini blast of it, then it rounds out. It's not overly sweet, it's tart like others have noted. It seems to have less staying power for me than usual scents, but still love it. And it does cover cops - for those who might wonder. I'm enjoying the heck out of this one.

ETA: and I think I've fallen in love with the label too.

Edited by Beach Goddess

Ooh that's at least 36 stallions. If you are rotating regularly you don't have to see any of them more often than once a month. You don't even have to like them at that point. They just need to be hot!

:rofl222: Reminds me of the line up in History of the World Part 1...yes, yes, no, yes, no, no, YES!

:lol: Use it or loose it! :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

So despite my impassioned review of this earlier I totally forgot about it! I wore it the entire time I was on vacation in Oregon and it so went with the hippiness of Ashland that when I got home I just moved on. Well it is freezing cold (by Nevada standards) but I wanted something warmish yet sour-y to wear and this is perfect for today! It's sweeter today and less musky than before on my skin right now. I am only going into work for a short half day and I have no men on the menu but I feel like strutting already! And phero free too!

• 2 months later...

Upon first application, Infusion is very berry forward on me, in a medicinal and boozy way. During drydown, the fragrance then becomes more rich and syrup-y, not losing any of that appealing tartness. It quickly fades on my skin. I need to sniff the application points to get the last remains of faint juicy berries.

• 2 years later...

I really like this one and was so happy to get a bottle during the sale. I was craving currant scents this summer, so it was perfect. Unlike some of the other reviewers, I didn't get any incense at all. At first, this was very red and fruity. Tart, but with a hint of juicy sweetness underneath. The musk was like a wild animal, growling in the background, just kind of making its presence and power known, without coming out of the shadows; slinking around but giving the scent more body and muscle. Within an hour, most of the fruit had disappeared and it became mostly musk and much closer wearing. After several hours, only the musk remained and only up close, but in a way that made it even more seductive if you were fortunate to get close enough to smell it. Sometimes musk can go sharp on me, but this one stayed really nice throughout.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 10/19/2015 at 11:56 PM, halo0073 said:

Just a whiff of berry goodness and a full frontal assault of RED MUSK shaking it's balls in my face. 

God I love you Halo :hearts18: