Tyvey's Eternal Summer

tyvey

I asked for suntan lotion coconut, the steamy bikini smoked sugarcane, scented Cougar musk, and a pinch of salt, to help extend the precious beachy feelings of summer as the days grows shorter and colder.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!! This is one of those that smells well aged already - super smooth and harmoniously blended, with no one note dominating.

I know I asked for a suntan lotion coconut, and yes it's recognizably coconut, but I'm so glad Mara didn't go as hog wild with the suntan lotion-y-ness as my imagination-nose. The coconut's texture is like a whipped lotion, rich and fatty but fluffy. The sugarcane isn't too smoky - bit less so than in steamy bikini, to my nose. The musk is just doing its beautiful quietly sexy confident holding-everything-together-in-the-background-and-don't-have-to-be-showy-about-it thing. It's the bass player of the scent :)

The overall vibe is so warm and snuggly. It's "not sweaty tired gross end of the day at the beach". It's "wrapped in a flannel blanket over your swimsuit and coverup in front of the bonfire at the beach". I kept thinking "peaceful".

Wet, it has a similar feel to Johnson's baby lotion of all things-- doesn't smell ANYTHING like it, just that feeling. Through drydown it stays relatively the same, other than being even more velvety during the middle parts.

In late drydown - and I mean this as the highest compliment - the feeling of the smell (NOT the actual smell) reminds me more than anything of burying my face in the fur of a very clean warm fluffy blond dog. That crazy endorphin-spiking feeling and smell. So yeah, this scent is just amazingly warm and happy-making. It's addictive.

It covered CB instantly and completely!!!! I may make a small bottle mix. Yum, yum.

OK, I must confess -- I jumped on this one when I was in full-blown PE frenzy, and after I had placed my order, I said, "Self, Steamy Bikini did not work for you, and scented Cougar did not work for you, why are you ordering this?"

To which Self wisely replied, "Because with LPs you cannot ever say for sure something won't work for you, and if it could, wouldn't that be wonderful???" (Spoiler alert: it was!)

When I first put it on, the smoked sugarcane threatened to do what Steamy Bikini had done (which was a sad mess of burnt paper on my stupid skin), but as Tyvey said, there appears to be maybe a smidge less in this? In any event, within moments the sugarcane settled down and then the coconut started to bloom and OH MY GODS YOU GUYS.

This is the coconut I have been waiting for all my life. This may have edged Coconut Breeze out as my favorite coconut scent. This is so lush and creamy it makes me swoon, and I cannot stop snuffling my arm. It sets off a rippling cascade of dopamine and leaves me feeling blissed out beyond belief.

The concept is perfectly executed -- it's summer perfected, the memory of all that one misses without any of the annoying little bits that come with reality. I sound ridiculously over the top but all this to say I love it, it's genius, congrats to Tyvey and Mara, and I only wish there had been 25 bottles so I could go buy a few more because this is just the most yummilicious thing I've encountered in quite a while!

ETA: Just reread Tyvey's review and it covers CB? Be still my heart!

Edited by Blackcat

YAYAYAYAYAYAY so happy you like it! I have been wearing it more or less nonstop since getting it :) Got stopped on the street by someone who asked what it was!!

Oh and yeah I can't believe how well it covers CB. Both the cops cheese and the EST swingset-pole. I can't think of anything else I've smooshed it with that covered it so fast and so well. I wouldn't have expected that from either the notes or the smell of the blend itself, but so it is.

Edited by tyvey

Oh wow this sounds amazing and the main reason it wasn't on my radar was that Steamy Bikini did a good enough job that I didn't think I'd need another scent like it so good to know this is a great option for those that didn't care for Steamy or just can't get enough of summer. Tyvey hit the nail on the head as far as intent and what I was thinking when this scent came out, that I didn't want this summer to end :/ it went too fast. But gawd how I luv these PE reviews!!

I love love love this. . something in steamy bikini didn't work for me smell-wise and the oil actually felt like it was burning my skin for a minute. Not sure what that is for me. But this has the great smoked sugarcane, really all of the elements of steamy and no burning feeling!

Thanks Tyvey! Its really amazing! I'm taking this to Mazatlan in December as I think it will be perfect for that heat!

aigh so jealous, it will be so perfect there!!

@cherise, yes honestly part of the reason i was getting it despite the overlap with steamy bikini was that I already have plenty of gotcha and don't wear it too often (too potent :D)

Edited by tyvey

Ahh that's right it had gotcha as well..I love the beach scents but am trying to reign in my PE purchases and focus on pheros for awhile but had this been a few months ago I would've tried to snag a bottle. I know the bottles sold fast so I'll be looking forward to more reviews.

Ooh, JLisa, that sounds perfect! So interesting that Steamy Bikini didn't work for you either -- I was so excited about that one and so sad my particular skin chemistry wouldn't work with it. And doubly glad this one exists and does!

I have to report I reslathered at about 9:00 pm last night and woke up this morning to a perfectly gorgeous soft settled coconut skin musk. UMMMMMMMM.

Thank you Tyvey for making this!!!

Edited by Blackcat

• 3 weeks later...

I wore this earlier today. The coconut is just right. It feels like summer without screaming suntan lotion. Some coconut is sweet and foodie but this isn't like that. It does smell more raw and beachy. It was perfect for this rainy dreary day. I would have liked it to have lasted longer on me. It might just need to age a little more.

• 2 months later...