Leopold w/ Charisma

AD-Leopold_1.jpg

ARABIAN SANDALWOOD BASED ATTARS ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
FRANKINCENSE ~ Purification, consecration, protection, exorcism. Associated with silver and the moon.
MYRRH ~ Stimulating, soothing. Powerful guard against evil.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

• 2 weeks later...

I knew I would like this one just from looking at the ingredients and I really do. This is another "Move To the Top of the List" scent. Luna's description does not even begin to do this scent justice. It is hard to describe, though. it is a very deep but clean scent, clean in the sense that the spices are not "spicy" like they are with Xavier or the even spicier Pashazade. The spices do give it flavor and depth with the vanilla helping smooth it out. I am actually at a loss for words as to how to describe it other than it is at least one full bottle. At least.

On a side note - and I just mentioned this elsewhere here on the threads, but I have yet to try on a scent from the 2015 Pheromas set that I do not like. I like certain ones more than others and three are all closely tied up at the top, but I like all of them. In any normal month with only one or two men's scents, I might think "It's OK but not a full bottle" about one of the two. But this month there are 6 men's scents and I like all of them. And I really like three of them and this is one of those.

So at the very least, get the entire sample set if it is still available. But like I said earlier, this is a definite full bottle. You will thank me later.

ETA: After several months, I think this one has become the favorite of the group.

Edited by quietguy

The vanilla is just a part of it on my skin - it does not blow up all over the place or come across as the primary note by any means.

I love this scent. A light crisp & clean fragrance with some gentle depth. I had expected this to be the spicy scent darkened up with the resins. But, this is practally fresh. This is a wonderful scent for a man at work or play. The Charisma phero may give it a tilt toward playtime. But, this is an overall winner in my book. Like the Burberry Brit guy got big blast of sexy oomph. :)

Edited by StacyK

Like the Burberry Brit guy got big blast of sexy oomph. :)

I might have to give this one a go even though times they are a bit lean, at the moment. Gotta love attorney fees. I have a feeling this is one my beautiful Bride may appreciate.

I love this scent. A light crisp & clean fragrance with some gentle depth. I had expected this to be the spicy scent darkened up with the resins. But, this is practally fresh. This is a wonderful scent for a man at work or play.

Exactly - a lot smoother than what I was expecting from the description.

Well I can't always get them all right, I guess! Sorry if the description for this was too misleading for some. I don't get to smell them beforehand so sometimes I might not get it quite right.

I can't speak for others but I do not think your description was really misleading. In any case this scent is hard to describe even after wearing it several times. It would be almost impossible to do so without smelling it. The description was good based on the ingredients.

I was mainly referring to the actual list of ingredients. I think the difference between what you would expect from the list of ingredients and the actual scent is a testament to Mara's skill & art as a perfumer. To take a set of ingredients that would normally take you one direction and end up with a great scent in another direction is pretty remarkable to me.

Well I can't always get them all right, I guess! Sorry if the description for this was too misleading for some. I don't get to smell them beforehand so sometimes I might not get it quite right.

Lol. Your descriptions are always excellent. You mention the freshness.. it's a tricky scent to my nose and eyes. Upon reading the notes, and the fact that it's enhanced with Charisma, my brain said dark. On my skin the resins are wayy back. This is a surprisingly fresh & crisp scent with a hint of resins and sex (Charisma) underneath.

• 3 weeks later...

So, Mr Perfect wore this one yesterday. I'm not sure how long he had it on before I got to smell it on him, but OMFG. It was sooooo good. To me, it smelled like a deep and rich spicy vanilla.. I love the incensey feel of it. This may be his first full bottle, if I have anything to say about it ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't had a chance to sample the phero monthlies I received a few days ago, a little under the weather with temperatures in flux (a balmy 70 degree X-mas to a chilling 30 degree weekend following) but love the first impressions I'm getting of the men's scents, Leopold esp and know one or two Leo guys that might compliment this clean and charismatic scent.

• 7 months later...

Ok, who bought all the bottles then?

Been wearing this a lot recently. It's fantastic. And sold out. Bah humbug.

Got an unsolicited text this morning. "You smelled divine last night". Says it all.

Can we have a rebrew please?

• 2 weeks later...

I really enjoyed the sample. I was disappointed when I tried to buy it and realized it was moved to the "archive" section. But maybe for the best (for now) as I have already spent lots of money now. I would vote for a re-brew too. Edmund is somewhat close to it so at least I will enjoy that one.