Lisa's Golden Goddess

I'm going to start this, but I'm still so new I probably won't capture most of this PE. If you got it, please chime in and add to this.

First, the label is fantastic. Exactly what I was trying to create in terms of the feel of this. . .a woman surrounded by golden light, in a gold dress, feeling like she was put on this earth as a perfect, blessed, creation of light.

Now the scent. I just got this today and I can tell it needs to sit a while. But here are my day 1 ramblings.

It morphs at least a few times in the first 5 minutes. At first I get a UNE type of honey but a little lighter and brighter. I get peach blossoms/floral and a tart/sour peach smell, but then it gets interesting. For the next 5 or so minutes, I actually get a peach + liquor (sharp, alcohol) smell. I almost worry for a minute, but then it morphs again. The tart goes away and its just a glimmer as the peach totally blends into the honey so it is like the bees were feeding off a peach tree--the honey is peach tinged and truly lightens from the sexual honey that is UNE-like to something sweeter and less dense (y'all know how UNE is like thick honey) and yet, there is the bottom note of amber that is very present. Still not getting any sandalwood that I can tell but that's how well this is blended.

This is going to sound crazy, but I keep getting this image of peach brandy. Or a peach honey brandy. Its almost intoxicating. I drove home sniffing my arm and I started to get a little punch drunk. And this is the one without the phero boost.

After an hour, this toned down quite a bit and I was left with a much lighter smell on my arm, sort of like honey crystals on the side of the jar. The brandy quality subsided and its a deeper honey than Saisha. I think the peach blossom + peach is genius so that its not a fruity scent or a foodie scent to me at all.

And it doesn't feel like an SLF like OCCO SLF does. ...there seems to be none of that minute "cat pee" kind of aftertaste to this. Though I love me some OCCO SLF and wear it regularly.

On me, it seems to wear very close. I went to a womens meeting tonight and had put some on just before I went in. No one remarked about my scent and usually I get some comment or another. Again, I chalk that up to the first day after travel. Heck, I couldn't STOP smelling myself but refrained from the head dip into the cleavage throughout the meeting.

This is delicious. I've collected a bunch of the honey offerings--from Pherogirl and UNE to Horny to LP Honeyed with Gotcha (which I adore) to the honey fairycake to OCCO SLF. This seems to be in the middle of the pack in terms of density and honey-ness. Not too dark, not too floral, not foodie, not too sweet and springy. . .on me, this is just right.

Mara, you are amazing. You can make the same ingredients 50 different ways and they always come out different in the bottle and on each person's chemistry. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to update my review and hope that anyone else that got it will chime in as I am new to PE creation.

First, this is really powerful when I first put it on....like a huge hot flash of peach sugar like in those long straws that had powdered flavored sugar. I literally get a little dizzy. It's a tiny bit like a jolly rancher peach. I feel like it needs a deeper anchor at the front end because that super tart sweetness kind of freaked me out. I don't want to smell like candy.

After about 5 minutes, it tones down and the deep honey takes the center stage. At this point, I can see how this scent will develop and can stand on its own without any layering.

I played around with layering it with sugared Amber to bring a deeper note but after the first few minutes, that makes the scent a bit too heavy a half hour later.

Anyways, other than the first 5 minutes, this is so flipping sexy and warm and golden. Please chime in if you got it.

Hi JLisa! I am loving this one, although I think it's going to be more of a warm weather one for me. It's so interesting -- I'm not really getting the peach at all! Instead, on my skin, it's a beautiful soft spring honey with a fresh grassy aspect, and the amber and sandalwood kind of pooling below the surface.

I totally agree that this has a very different feel from the SLF honeys, which I also love! It's clean and has a freshness, almost like raw honey as opposed to the very crystalline sugary ones. But at the same time, it's deeply sexy. It is really calling to mind some of the great Hollywood legends -- Katharine Hepburn, Lauren Bacall, Carole Lombard. Gorgeous, sleek, but approachable and warm. Congrats!

There is plenty of peach for me. I love the peach and honey mix when wet. I agree with Blackcat that it is bright and sunny. Its very fresh smelling but not in a crisp clean way but more of an outdoor real fruit and floral kind of way. It reminds me of how the air smells when real honeysuckle is in bloom and the air seems almost thick with it. Magnolia can be that way too, just shy of cloying on a hot summer day.

This stays bright and strong on me for a good long time until it eventually fades to a soft honeyed amber skin scent.

It is possibly my second favorite PE. Molly's Forest Retreat is still the favorite but this might edge out Spring's Lusty Cherry, we'll see!

Tempting review Maililyahn, I'm really going back and forth on this PE, I've been on a gold kick for awhile and love the whole execution of this PE, name, label, notes but also trying to curb my PE purchases. I think in the back of my mind I know I'll end up rushing to get one of the last remaining bottles.

Mai that was an awesome review. thank you! I love this PE because of all those things you mentioned-and I love how it smells different on everyone I gifted it to for their holiday presents. Your description of the outdoor fruit and floral that can almost be cloying is spot on and I think as this ages it will meld more so that over the topness will decrease.

Oh, I don't know. I kind of like the "over the topness". ^_^ It doesn't quite become too much for me. It is just very noticeable, plus it smells real, which is very hard for a peach scent. Fake peaches tend to be just too much, often very sweet and they become nauseating after a while. I have smelled more than a few here in the peach state. >_

I think my chemistry has a lot to do with this. After menopause, I am always super hot so scents tend to go POW on me upon application then tone down quickly and then burn off within 2-3 hours. Its like all fragrances are on steriods for me.

This is definitely an SLF type on me. I get the fruity aspects of the types of honey and the peach blend, but it's primarily that sticky deep honey which reminds me of Phero Girl, and I think combined with the amber that's what it does with my chemistry. I like it, it's very sexy, very much a Summer kind of scent for me. The peach blends in to where it's mostly in the background, so for me it's sort of a lighter brighter take on Pouncing Potion. I'm going to let it age a while and see what it evolves to.

ETA: I really like this on the long drydown - like, about 4-5 hours later - the peach comes out a bit more and the honey impression mellows. That is when I get the "golden" concept at its fullest.

I adore how these scents wear differently on everyone! That's so cool!

I'm so glad you like it, Luna! I can't wait until Los Angeles heats up again (its a very arctic 60 degrees today! Ha!) so I can wear this again.

Merry Christmas!!

I put this on and it was very smutty from the get go. It's the final proof that my skin has a filthy mind, turns anything but Port Jolie type ultra pale blond honey into I Have Been F***king In This Room For 72 Hours Straight. I get nothing but that SLF, from wet through late drydown. It was still SLFing all over the place 18 hours after I put it on. :D

Edited by tyvey

• 2 weeks later...

I put this on and it was very smutty from the get go. It's the final proof that my skin has a filthy mind, turns anything but Port Jolie type ultra pale blond honey into I Have Been F***king In This Room For 72 Hours Straight. I get nothing but that SLF, from wet through late drydown. It was still SLFing all over the place 18 hours after I put it on. :D

:rofl222: But F**king under peach trees in a bed of flowers! :funnyanimation17:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so glad I was able to obtain a bottle of this on the swap pages. I love it!

Wet, it is really similar to Lascivious Peach (a long ggg PE from a number of years ago). But whereas Lascivious Peach is ls in-your-face civet musk that doesn't quit, Golden Goddess dries down to just a complex, beautiful, balanced, sophisticated scent. The sandalwood is very soft (I was scared of this note in the description). To me this is not overly fruity, overly musky, overly honey. Everything just blends perfectly so no single note is prominent.

• 5 weeks later...

Just got me Lisa's Golden Goddess today! This is an absolute MUST for all lovers of honey and SLF scents! This plays much like Sugared Honeycomb and PheroGirl on my skin..maybe a tad brighter with just a hint of nectar. I amp the hell out of all honey and I LOVE that I do. I am going to have to second tyvey's thoughts on this..definitely a SLF, but sweeter than the actual SLF potion on me. I think this is going to serve me well, worn both neat, and as a layerable. Just love it, Lisa and Mara! :)

Thank you so much for reviewing Rose! I'm soooo excited you like it! It's heavy duty honey but it is brighter. As it has aged, the peach has just gotten better and better and it is a sweeter honey vs. some of the SLFs. I am so glad you like it.