Tyvey's White Chocolate Rose

tyvey

As Mara described it: "cocoa butter and coconut cream, blended with dark (almost boozy) red rose attar and warmed with a dash of "Cougar" musk" ...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm this is so delicious....at this age the cocoa butter and coco cream are together giving a unified impression of buttercream frosting, except that it is not very sweet; it is wonderfully light, like whipped butter as opposed to a pat or brick of butter. Imagine the ribbons of strawberry jam swirled into the french vanilla of strawberry swirl ice cream - that's how this rose is to the frosting -- a jammy mellow dark red rose swirled in. I predict that with aging they will all melt and smoosh together even more and turn into a uniformly creamy opaque very dark pink, but for now I am loving how the boozy rose dances in and out of the butteriness. I expected my nose to infer some bourbon vanilla but it doesn't. The musk is light and flirty! I'm off to slather more.

• 2 weeks later...

This is just so good!!! Like Tyvey said, the white chocolate and coconut are not super sweet and definitely give off a more buttery/creamy impression. I can picture in my mind mixing the butter and powdered sugar to cream together some icing. The rose is gorgeous, feminine and delicate. But the addition of Cougar Musk make this incredible! What a combo!!

For some reason cougar musk reminds me of summer. Probably because I wore it almost daily a few summers ago... Haha! But it's just so light and very very addicting. I keep catching whiffs of my wrists and I remember I'm wearing this gem.

This scent is beautiful!!!! For a phero pairing I'd probably go Gotcha or H&S or SS4W because it's so pretty and innocent but alluring too.

My first thought was "Angelique with Cougar musk!" The cocoa butter/white chocolate combo was almost exactly the same. As it dried down, i got a hint of the coconut. I was a little worried because it can go suntan lotion on me in a nanosecond, but not in here. It's very creamy, and like Tyvey said, fluffy. The rose attar is a deep undercurrent and keeps this from being super light, because yes, even with the cocoa butter, this is a light, not too rich scent on my skin. But the musk. OMG. :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co It's that wonderful skin musk that makes this seem like you are the source of the fragrance. Gah, i love it! Rich enough for the winter but a perfect heady, humid summer scent too. And I definitely agree with Hearts on the innocently alluring scent.

:faint: This is just GORGEOUS!!! First applied, I get tons of rich cocoa butter/white chocolate... the rose is red and lush too. After a bit, the rose steps back and lets the cougar musk come forward a little, but it still weaves in and out - an enticing dance that beckons you back to huff it again and again.

It eventually becomes this amazing close-to-the-skin scent that is sexy and sensuous and I just absolutely LOVE it - so glad I got a bottle!

I received this as a surprise from someone I love very much!! I immediately tore into it and was transported to OMG THIS SMELLS SO FUCKING GOOD LAND. My toes did something very strange. They curled up into my esophagus with sheer delight. This to me is the floral equivalent of Black Panther. It's exotic, sexy, lethal. The chocolate is to DIE For! I wouldn't really call this a foodie, even though it's obvy the chocolate is there and it's bomb, it's more like riding a rainbow of musk and getting hit by chocolate pieces and roses. It's DIVINE!

• 3 weeks later...

OMG SO GOOD!

tyvey always has great ideas, but this is a particularly inspired take on the chocolate rose trope. If you're on the fence about buying a bottle before it sells out, seriously, get it. It's fascinating to me how Mara can take a particular trope and render it so many different ways, depending on the ingredients involved.

The musk is what puts this one over the top for me because it really deepens and intensifies the other notes, holds them together so they can layer and mingle, yet remains sheer and skin-like. The red rose attar reminds me of the one in Lala Gulaba, but because it's offset by the other notes it doesn't take over or become too dominant. The overall scent is sweet but it's sweet in a way that I want from this kind of combo - I want a sweet creamy kind of fluffiness cradling the beautiful rose, and that's exactly what this is and it's awesome!

Glad to hear that:) I have found it to have an interesting savoriness to it sometimes, as though the buttercream were made with salted butter, which gives a unique quality among the PEs I've been lucky enough to receive from La Master. Gonna put some on now

• 4 weeks later...

How have I not reviewed this yet?

What's amazing to me is how the cocoa butter and the coconut cream are whipped together to become something, as others have pointed out, so *light* and yet so rich. I find it hard to imagine how you get that airiness of texture without taking away from the luxurious creamy base. And then the rose -- so dark and sweet, and the musk anchors it all beautifully. This is definitely the Ritz Carlton, pure white linen table cloths and crystal vases and marbled bathrooms and silky robes. So glad I nabbed a bottle!

Also, I got my bottle with a half boost of Cuddle Bunny, which complements the rich sensuality beautifully. Yay!