Bad Elf

Beccah

AD-BadElf_1.jpg

Bad Elf

Someone’s been raiding Santa’s stash! A candied boozy take on butter beer: blended with numerous varieties of oatmeal stout, butterscotch, amaretto and a smidgen of sandalwood for the base. It’s all the things we love about indulging during the holidays - sweet, sticky, tipsy and naughty!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

OATS ~ Prosperity, abundance, sustenance, money spells.
ALMOND ~ Fertility, stamina, masculine energy, business success, money, prosperity, wisdom, intuition, insight,
talisman for successful and fertile marriage.
MILK/BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness
and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
FERMENTED ALCOHOLS: WINE, BEER, HARD LIQUOR, ETC ~ Intoxicant, used as an offering or appeasement for Gods, used in love spells, and celebratory spells.

• 2 weeks later...

How weird! Blind sniff my guess was that it was fruity and sweet. Like Twizzlers candy or Christmas sweets! How wrong was I?? Wow!

Looking at the notes, I'm wondering if I grabbed the right bottle. *checks* yes I did.

I'm guessing the almond is the cherry-ish kind... Blended with lots of sugar. As it dries, more of the buttercream and oats show up but its very very subtle. This might be my favorite of the NRs.

Ok the longer it settles on my skin, the more the sweetness is fading. I'm getting much more sweet and creamy oats.

Edited by hearts

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't sure if I would like this one, but it's just so compulsively sniffable in its' way. I do get that cherry-almond thing in the vial but once it's on me the butterscotch game comes on strong. It's just the slightest bit boozy in the way that butterscotch can be, sometimes. For those of you who remember the old-time butterscotch Life Savers, it's like that (IMO). Over time the combination of the creaminess, the boozy sweetness, and the sandalwood is really intriguing.

This goes on with a blast, all sweet berry/cherry like, but quickly settled down to a soft creamy oat cookie goodness. After an hour I thought I was amping cinnamon or spice, but it isn't even a note! Could it be the boozy notes? The sandalwood? It was very forward for hours and while not unpleasant, overpowered the creamy oat goodness I wanted SO much more of!

I will have to wear this again and try to sort out what I was so certain was some sort of spice. Any thoughts on why my nose would read cinnamon? Very curious...

I just tried a tiny swipe and I got butterscotch candy, my daughter got cookie. This may be the Christmas cookie scent she longs for. There is a cherry almond accord at the beginning. I will probably go full bottle. I didn't really get any spiciness from it. What's not to like? But I am an almond fan. And I am really pleased with this one! Even better than the Land of Nog!!! Later it fades into a deep, rich creaminess. Sweet and buttery. I really like this one!!!

Yeah I'm thinking maybe one of the alcoholic accords is giving you that impression.

Wore this again, generously. Love that sweet cherry-like note on top. Again, gave way to the creamy oat goodness and "spice".

I'm thinking you've pinned it luna, must be the alcohols. :)

But I slathered a bit more on last time and while the fermented spiciness came forward, it was not in any way unpleasant. Mr. New was quite fond of it as well - so while this one may not be my very most favorite of the December NRs, it isn't going to go to any kind of waste :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I was afraid of this one. I was afraid the oats would go maple-y on me and my skin makes maple smell horrible. This isn't doing that so far and I am very thankful. I think the combo of the butter note and the oats is tipping in in that direction, but it is behaving ATM. I really love almond and I hope that the almond comes forward on the dry down. It is a great atmospheric smell and even if I can't wear it as perfume, this would smell AMAZING in the warmer!!

• 2 weeks later...