Cocoa Snuggle

Beccah

AD-CocoaSnuggle_1.jpg

Cocoa Snuggle

Embody one of the most toasty comforts of the holidays...this snuggly treat features powdery varieties of cocoa whisked into steamed milk accord with a stir of smoked sugar cane, topped with fluffy clouds of melting marshmallows and a sprinkle of powdered sugar, upon a base of silky sweet myrrh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

CHOCOLATE/COCOA ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.
MARSHMALLOW ROOT ~ Fertility, happiness, creativity, increase in psychic awareness, intuition, love, protection, exorcism. Gently commanding and persuading.
MILK/BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness
and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
MYRRH ~ Stimulating, soothing. Powerful guard against evil.

• 2 weeks later...

Besides Merry, I was most excited about this one. First applied, it's like putting your nose into a tin of straight cocoa powder... But my skin destroys it instantly. Maybe it's the myrrh? Its like a chocolate incense (does that exist?) .. It's almost smokey.

I think this is my favorite this month. Wet it's a medium strong blast of cocoa powder The milk/buttercream makes it creamy and silky. A few minutes in the myrrh shows up and I'm afraid the fun ride is over because I typically hate it. Surprisingly it stays at a low level and doesn't amp. I can't pick out the marshmallow as a separate note but it adds to the fluffy softness.

For me this is like a hot cocoa version of Luv Truffle or Dream Lover. I really like it, and the myrrh adds an interesting depth in the background. The sad thing is this fades pretty fast on me, after about 20 minutes my skin eats it up.

Mmmm, chocolatey goodness! I don't have Dream Lover but I can see the relation to Luv Truffle.

This is a cocoa chocolate, sweet frothy, cream goodness.

I put it on (liberally) around 6pm last night and woke up with a soft sugary hint still on me 12 hours later! It's gotta be the combination of the marshmallow and cream/butter/milk - it's like cocoa with whipped cream and mini marshmallows melting into the chocolatey goodness ^_^ A perfectly calorie free replacement for a sugary, decadent treat! :lol:

I love this. My brain does comparisons to Treat or Luv Truffle.

On my skin I get an earthy chocolate goodness with a warm, fuzzy marshmallow swirl.

The soft puff of sugar that finishes off the scent rounds it out nicely. I feel very warm & cuddle ready in this.

I'd love a bottle boosted with CB. :purr:

• 4 weeks later...

I love this. My brain does comparisons to Treat or Luv Truffle.

I'd love a bottle boosted with CB. :purr:

I did the same, comparing to Luv Truffle, lol. I told myself, "Self, how many chocolate scents do you need. It just chocolate." But then my heart whimpers, but they're DIFERENT!

There's Luv Truffle, the there's The Trouble with Truffles and - oh my - Katerina Suit - and Velvet Kisses, and now, Cocoa Snuggle - and they are all gloriously wonderful in their own different ways :heart:

This WOULD go nicely with CB :)

This is just gorgeous. I really want a back up bottle (sigh).. For fun, I recommend pairing it with a little BBM = to die for. :)

I told myself, "Self, how many chocolate scents do you need. It just chocolate." But then my heart whimpers, but they're DIFERENT!

As someone with over a dozen chocolate scents in my collection, that's exactly the rationalization. :lol:

As someone with over a dozen chocolate scents in my collection, that's exactly the rationalization. :lol:

And I'm perfectly happy for the enlightenment! :D

• 2 years later...

This was a freebie in my first order and oh my god, I LOVE the way this starts out! That wispy, almost hazelnutty steamed milk lightness, I could honestly bathe in that opening accord forever. I wish it would stay in that zone but unfortunately within 3 minutes all that fades and my skin right away turns this into a milky hot cocoa that's been fermenting in the sun for a week - seriously no bueno. SIGH!!! Is there a way to keep it in that glorious sweet spot?? I'm desperate for it. I keep putting it on just for the opening and enduring the consequences. My cats are very confused...

This is a nice chocolate scent, but milky cocoa powder recedes faster than I was hoping it would. After maybe 5-10 minutes what's left is a lightly sweetened, slightly cocoa-y myrrh. I might see what happens if I layer this with some other scents.