Minions of Santa

Beccah

AD-Minions_1.jpg

Minions of Santa

A tradition of Victorian Christmas observances, this is a “perky” twist on the classic holiday potpourri recipe: featuring uplifting notes of spicy bayberry and fruity plum, the peels of apple, orange and lemon, with accents of bamboo and cedar, upon a deep base of oud and just a touch of AJA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

PLUM ~ Inspires & maintains love, protects dwelling against evil and intrusion.
ORANGE ~ Strong 'magnet' to attract men; eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, thoughtfulness, happiness, tribute.
LEMON ~ Energizing, uplifting. Longevity, faithfulness, fidelity, friendship. Used to attract spirits.
APPLE ~ Love, healing, fertility, good
luck , happiness, immortality, fortelling spells.
BAMBOO ~ Protection, hex breaking, luck and wishes, fertility, wisdom, feminine energy.
CEDAR ~ Confidence inducing, balancing, grounding, energizing, money, healing, protection, purification.
OUD (Agarwood) ~ Love,
aphrodisia, spirituality, health.

• 4 weeks later...

This one starts with a ripe blast of plum followed by that sweet crisp scent of cedar and lemon. It smells like the holidays. Not quite a scent I would wear on myself but would be amazing as a home scent! IMO of course. Oud is a death note for me but it's not screaming super loud on my skin at the moment.

It smells like the holidays. Not quite a scent I would wear on myself but would be amazing as a home scent!

Exactly; I wholly agree. The bayberry pretty much takes over in the blend, for me. I think I just amp that note like every day is Christmas, lol. This one reminds me a bit of Ho Ho Ho.

I'm not sure what to think...I'm confused. I was expecting fruity, and there is this citrus something, but I'm getting something very earthy AND something almost - soap like? I think it must be the cedar/wood notes? The citrus note is quickly overtaken by the clean, woodsy fragrance. Just not what I was expecting so I need time to adjust, lol. I wanted to jot down my first thoughts but I'll be back to share what my impressions are AFTER the first 15 minutes :lol: Who knows how this will change over the next 1/2 hour or so?

Well if your chemistry is anything like mine, it won't. It's not listed in the ingredients but there's bayberry too, and that's probably what you're smelling.

Thanks luna, and, no, it didn't change.

I slathered a bit more on, for full impact, and got the apple note on top and the citrus made a brief flash, but it was quickly overtaken by the clean, woodsy, soap-like fragrance. This may be delegated to my oil warmers. It is not a fragrance I would wear but it's also not something that is unpleasant, so alternate use it will be! :)

Its very evergreen while wet with just the tiniest hint of fruit peeking out. Then the fruit starts to come forward. It smells lemony orange for a bit. It seems to all but disappear pretty quickly. All that is left a few hours later is a spicy whisper of a scent. While the fruity and evergreen are mixed, it reminds me of some gift basket or something that my grandmother used to get every year. I like it. It evokes memories of Christmas past. I wish it lasted a bit longer but maybe that will come with time.

• 3 weeks later...

This is a great winter scent. The notes totally throw me on this. I get the light Holliday wiff of the Plum & Orange combo. But, unlike most scents with plum or berries on my skin, it's a very tame combo.

Overall, on my skin, this is wintertime, snow, and brisk air with a little foodie warmth.

I thought this was enhanced with Aja. I don't smell that at all.

Edited by StacyK

I had totally forgotten there was Aja in this! But you are right, there is. I love this one. It smells of winter woods and citrus to me. It reminds me of snow and ski lodges, of Alpine village type shops and walking in to wonderful warmth and Christmas time fruits. I guess that would be Ober-Gatlinburg, where I learned to ski and also happens to have little Alpine styled shops.

It doesn't seem to last and last though. Aja normally stays around FOREVER when I pair it with something. This doesn't go away quickly but it doesn't last as long as some of my favorite lingering scents. Maybe a few hours and then I don't really notice it anymore.

• 4 months later...

Minions of Santa begins quite juicy on me, I then get a burst of citrus that soon gives way to cool, slightly herbal, woodsy notes. Very fresh, with a pine, almost menthol feel, yet still that juicy fruit quality remains. Perfect scent for Winter, but I could imagine this being a great room fragrance rather than perfume for me.

• 4 years later...

Very Christmasy, in a fruity way. Goes on tangy, fruity fresh. Crisp, but with some fullness underneath. The fullness is what really helps it be more of a winter scent than what you might expect from the fruitiness of some of the notes. The cedar provides a hint of masculinity, making it more unisex. Orange is the most distinct scent initially. When the orange dies down an hour in, the other notes are very well blended, in a way where I find it hard to make out the different notes. It's a very nice scent. The best way I can describe it is vivid. I'm not sure what that means, but that is my impression. I find it very long lasting, but that's just how Aja rolls on me.