Nutcracker Sweet

Beccah

AD-NutrcrackerSweet_1.jpg

Nutcracker Sweet

All I want for Christmas is this perfection of holiday confection! Loads of spicy gingerbread accords melded with the scent of warm pecans and roasted chestnuts, swirled with gooey caramelized sugar and dripping with sweet buttercream icing. For added enticement we’ve layered all this on a base of “chewy” aged amber and patchouli.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

GINGER ~ Fiery and fortifying, induces passion. Intensifies love spells and success spells.

Love, money, success, power. Ginger increases sensitivity in the erogenous zones.

PECAN ~ Money, employment, mental acuity.
CHESTNUT ~ Amplifies male potency, love.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck,
sweetness
and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
MILK/BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.
NUTMEG ~ Strengthens clairvoyance, luck, money, health, fidelity.
CINNAMON ~ Male sexual stimulation, passion, lust, healing, protection, energy, creativity, psychic powers.
ALLSPICE ~ Luck, health, prosperity, money.

• 2 weeks later...

I slathered this on this morning and I WANT TO SNUZZLE AND LICK MYSELF ALL OVERRRRR! At first it was all pecan and sugar, and I was worried the pecan would take over or the cinnamon would amp but just a few minutes into it, it settled into a spicy, creamy confection. 30 minutes in and it has settled even more to a softer blend of spice and cream. I would love to get more patch and amber in this, but really I am a patch and amber HO so too much is never enough for me so it's possible I'm reeking of it and I just can't tell (I really laid it on thick, I felt like LP bombing the warehouse today). I paired it with SWS because, insane work environment. I like the idea of the blend of the sweet with the YOU WILL RESPECT ME vibes.

Unfortunately, this faded very quickly and down, to my nose, to a plasticky smell. I wonder what my brain is associating it with, because my co-worker said it smells like potpourri..? This is going to the the oil warmer because it smells terrific but isn't working out with my skin.

Initially, it is very spicey (not terribly creamy on me). ..I get the allspice and nutmeg immediately but its sweet enough I can wear it. I had some off-ranch yule scents and they are almost bitter spice which is not appealing to me. This is not sharp, not bitter, but also not candy sweet. Underneath, there is a definite brown sugar/caramel/praline that happens for me. After an hour, it is very similar to Hungry Heart to me. That didn't have nuts, but this really smells similar enough on my skin that I almost couldn't tell the difference after an hour EXCEPT for the spice that still remained. It was light spice by the time, so very wearable. Much lighter than Pink Elf, on me that is (and of course, pink elf has pink sugar with gingerbread and this is praline like sugar with gingerbread). And the patch/amber is incredible in this on my skin. . perfect.

I had dismissed this one as I was only buying 1 December NR and wanted Merry but guess what. Going FB. Even if I end up layering this to lighten it up later. Winner!

Whoa Spicy Ginger!! This is such an unusual confection to me! I love ginger and that is what I mostly get with the candied nuts dancing around it. I agree that it is not candy sweet though which is unexpected from what the notes appear to be.

I just added a big slather and I get the buttercream! (One of my other favorite notes). Overall this is an intriguing first impression. I'm wearing it to bed in hopes the patch comes out by morning.

First on it's all spice and cinnamon with a bit of creamy sugared nuts in the far back ground. I fear cinnamon slightly because my skin can amp it like mad sometimes. After about15 minutes it all balances out though and it's all delicious and creamy oatmeal like cookie goodness (but there's no oatmeal!) This is scarfalicious! There is one guy at work who calls me "the candle lady" because he likes my perfumes but his nose doesn't understand them :lol: THIS had his attention and he was following me around telling people to smell me, that tonight I smelled like Christmas...Christmas cookies that is :D Mr. New likes it too but is quickly discovering that just because LPs smell delectable doesn't mean they taste that way :Emoticons04263:

Full bottle was a great choice. It also lasts for hours and hours. Win! :)

Edited by NuTrix

Love it. Hubby loves it. The patch is nearly nonexistent, which is a good thing for my skin. As the head cookie baker in our house, I can attest to the yummy goodness that is Nutcracker Sweet. This went out to dinner with me las the weekend. Had two people ask what I was wearing and one guy ask where he could buy a bottle for his girlfriend. Good stuff, Mara, really good stuff.

At first this is scrumptious on me, sort of like a cross between Frosted and Snowbound. But after about 15-20 minutes the patchouli really does come on strong for a bit, then backs off and the gourmand vibe comes back. I do like it, just not sure if I need it, necessarily.

• 3 weeks later...

I am just now giving all of these a test run and so far, this one is high on my list....right behind Merry. This is a very foody, bakery, sweet scent and those are my favorites! I actually adore patch and this one is good. I can definitely see this being used as a home scent because it smells that good. On my skin, the combination of pecan, nutmeg, allspice, and cinnamon is very forward and the thing I smell throughout. And the nutmeg....ah! It is enough to make your eyes roll back in your head. The nutmeg combined with the milk/butter/cream and the sugar gives his scent a crazy good creamy undertone that lasts for hours.

At first this is scrumptious on me, sort of like a cross between Frosted and Snowbound. But after about 15-20 minutes the patchouli really does come on strong for a bit, then backs off and the gourmand vibe comes back. I do like it, just not sure if I need it, necessarily.

Yes, you do. We need all the preciousssssss, yes?

Nutcracker Sweet smells amazing. I decided to pull myself out of my funk today & grab an LP. This was literally my first grab. The patchouli & amber really amplify the other spices in the scent in a good way.

• 1 year later...

This was the first bottle I tested from my order that arrived today. It was LOVE as in I wanted a gallon of it type love... until the dry down where the patchouli became very prominent. I loved everything about it until then. The opening was practically beyond words delicious. Just the perfect amount of spice and sweetness. If your skin doesn't do terrible things with patchouli, don't miss out on it.