Sparkle Frost w/ Treasured Hearts

AD-SparkleFrost_1.jpg

POMEGRANATE ~ Divination, luck, wishes granted, wealth, fertility.
RED & BLACK CURRANT ~ Aids success in love affairs, and a magical representation of blood.
GRAPEFRUIT ~ Refreshes and uplifts the spirit, eases exhaustion; beauty and youth glamour. Lends an aura of "sparkle" to the wearer.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
SPRUCE ~ Protection against enemies.
PEPPERMINT ~ Stimulates, restores and uplifts. Cleansing, purification, relaxation, sleep, healing, psychic amplifier.
EUCALYPTUS ~ Healing

• 2 weeks later...

Got my box today and the first thing I opened and slathered was my bottle of Sparkle Frost! I rarely get NR bottles unsniffed, since why risk it when you can have the sampler, but I just had a strong sense that if this one worked at all for me, I would want it for the upcoming holiday travel and family time I have to navigate!

This is perfectly described. The fruit is gorgeously candied, the most luxe elegant high end candied fruit, with the grapefruit being the most predominant on me but the currant and pomegranate providing a deliciously deeper contrast. The spruce, mint and eucalyptus really do read like frost to me! A bright sparkling rime coating the deep color tones--reds and purples and gold-- of the candy. It's a scent that translates very much into visual terms. At the same time, even though it's a very different vibe and scent, it does the thing that Hauntings astonished me with -- it creates a cold sensation. It's a bit bracing and totally refreshing.

This is not exactly a "me" scent, but it is an intent specific scent that perfectly captures its purpose -- it's soothing in a way that is energizing rather than soporific. this doesn't put me in the mood to snuggle up and sleep, it makes me feel relaxed and ready to cope with noise and extra people and having to get places and do things. Dare I say it even has me looking forward to the hustle and bustle (note: I never look forward to hustle and bustle! I am a low-energy introvert whose favorite part of the day is finishing with obligations and being allowed to crawl into bed with a book)!

Anyway, this is a total winner and I intend to keep it with me and wear it pretty exclusively for the next four days. Gorgeous!

ETA: The longer this dries down the more forward the grapefruit becomes, which makes me very happy!

Edited by Blackcat

This is just as enchanting as the name, label and Luna's poem!

At first it is so bright and effervescent! Perfect for parties or just to kick your mood up. Beyond the enthusiastic zip of the grapefruit and red fruits something sexy peeks out! It's that gorgeous Egyptian Musk that takes this from flirty to seductive which is exactly what I want in a party scent. I want it in a spray but it's light so I am not sure yet. It morphs so beautifully in oil and I don't want to lose that. Maybe I'll get both! I really adore fruit and Egyptian musk combos.

At first it is so bright and effervescent! Perfect for parties or just to kick your mood up.

Exactly! The vibe this one has reminds me a lot of Elan Vitale - not necessarily in terms of scent, but mood. It's so fresh and upbeat. I enjoy that aura and that aspect in combination with the phero makes it really great for parties, I think. I get the musk during the drydown but it's not as present for me as in other LPs where I love the Egyptian Musk. But it always lends that warm "wearable" quality to me. This one is a winner for sure!

• 1 month later...

Wow! This one is a zinger! Love it. Refreshing, bright, juicy from the get go. Berries at the start and berries at the end. The spruce, Peppermint and Eucalyptus are perfectly balanced with each other, and with the berries. This is sipping sipping berry elixir along a snowy evergreen-lined path. Wonderful!

• 1 month later...

Sparkle Frost is such a fresh blend. A burst of red fruits, slightly tempered with cooling menthol, thanks to mint and eucalyptus. I also get a hint of woods, which really ground this fragrance. During wear, I find that the bright, tangy grapefruit becomes more noticeable, giving a juicy quality to the scent. I'm finding the perfume lovely during these warm days, quite refreshing.

• 2 years later...

I received a trial of this as a gift in a trade, normally I would never try anything with eucalyptus, it's a death note for me. But I have some of this on this morning, applied to both wrists pre-shower, knowing I'd be washing it off soon enough either way.

To my surprise, it's a pleasant accompaniment to my morning routine! If I didn't know there was eucalyptus, I might just think "bright and herbal." I also dislike most mint in fragrance, but peppermint is different for me. I like this. I won't be going FB or anything, but this little trial will stay in the bathroom for quick morning pick-me-ups. Berries aren't necessarily my thing, either, but the combo with the bright herbs is pretty cool. Figuratively and literally. Me like. Even if I had a FB, though, I bet I'd never reach for it, knowing what lurks within. Shame, though, as its growing on me by the moment. This would make a killer room scent.