Olivia's Comfort and Joy Part Deux

Black Cat

AD-PE-OliviaCJ2.jpg

Olivia's Comfort and Joy ~ Part Deux Deux

Ode to Olivia, Part Deux! Jennifer asked for a not-too-sweet wintery comfort scent of buttered pumpkin bread with a hint of hair of the pup! Crafted of pumpkin and 4 types of bready notes, buttery butters, a spot of warm oat, and a dash of animalic canton musk. (

Yay for what has to be one of the weirder requests -- bakery scent + fur -- and once again a magical masterpiece from Mara! I've been obsessed with pumpkin this fall, and somehow nothing was quite hitting the spot, even though there were lovely pumpkin offerings both amongst the 2015 Weenies and the October PEs.

I was craving a pumpkin bread slathered in butter, thinking in terms of something like Warm and Toasty or Pumpkin Souffle. I also wanted to fold some holiday support intent in there -- I love many things about the holidays, but like all of us, I find that they hit my tender spots and I wanted a little of Mara's magic to soothe the way. It hit me that I what I wanted was something that would do the work of my very first PE ever, Olivia's Comfort and Joy! So where that one was "ginger bakery with a hint of fur" this was "pumpkin bread slathered in butter with the furry musk".

It's WONDERFUL. Wet, it's the most gorgeous mouthwatering bread you can imagine, lightly spiced but mostly pumpkin and butter, with the oat just peeking out. While it has a foodie slant, though, it's not a pure foodie. In the drydown, it settles into the softest, warmest yummy musk you can imagine. It wears light but palpable, and it's subtle enough that I think it can be worn just about anywhere. And the texture really is furry! Just amazing.

It's also working beautifully to lift my mood every time I put it on. It really is like having a snuggle with the best little brown dog in the world, who will always be in my heart. Thank you, Potion Master, for another wonderfully evocative scent treasure!

Just for fun, let's try the notes:

PUMPKIN ~ Fertility, plenty, abundance, prosperity. Male sexual stimulant.

BUTTER ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.

OATS ~ Prosperity, abundance, sustenance, money spells.

MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.