Love Potion: Valentine

Beccah

AD3-LPValentine.jpg

ORANGE BLOSSOM ~ Strong 'magnet' to attract men; eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, thoughtfulness, happiness, tribute.
APRICOT ~ Love, love, love! Romance, passion, femininity.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.

• 2 weeks later...

On me, this one is really delicate and sheer - those qualities are what make me think of LP Purple (Summer Solstice 2009); a really soft sweet kind of aura. In that respect I truly like this one even though I tend to prefer more robust scents. When I perceive a more gossamer kind of scent to be compelling, then I love that quality. The orange blossom is sweet and a little tangy and it sort of floats in the middle of all of the other notes. As it dries down it sticks a bit more, the classic creamy LP quality comes to the fore. So I'm thinking fans of Sneaky Clean will really like this one, beyond those who love the LP variants and orange blossom/neroli scents in general.

I already knew that I would need a full bottle of this, but it's very unique. The Orange Blossom is very clearly present & complemented by the LP base. I would group Valentine in w/ the other "delicate" LP variants; LP White, LP Flutterby, LP Ceremony, & etc..

Oh, so sad to say the patch came raging forward on my skin, totally overwhelming all the rezt of the beautiful notes. I will try this in Mara's scent locket. Perhaps without my skin interacting directly with the patch, the perfume can blossom as it is meant.

First on, it's juicy apricot and soft orange blossom - and I would have been happy with just that :lol:

Not long after though, within a couple minutes, the patchouli comes forward and the musk.

I've always thought the amber sometimes gives the LPs a kind of chewiness and I get that in Valentine. The patchouli isn't screaming, but it does take center stage with my chemistry. for a little while (maybe 5-10 minutes?) Everything is so complimentary to one another! In the dry down they just meld beautifully together to this slightly chewy, softly apricot, light feminine, fresh, sweet delight.

I think this one is my favorite of the bunch so far :heart:

Oh, my goodness, this is so lovely! It might be my favorite Love Potion variant so far.... on me I get the delicious rich vanilla and apricot entwined with the most perfect orange blossom I have ever sniffed -- it's so soft yet tangible and there is a creaminess that is just to die for. It's delicate, sweet, mouthwatering and soooooooooooo pretty! The perfect Valentine. :-)

The orange blossom in LP Valentine definitely works as a man magnet. My son's ortho gave me his # :lol: I'mma need a bottle & a spray of this.

I'm itchy to change my LP's out to their new homes/bottles, because though I put this on this morning, it's faded by now, and I really am enjoying this variant! It's got exactly the type of Orange Blossom I love...and of course I'm a huge fan of the LP base, so this is a bit hit for me.

Oh I like this. I can't wear all LP variants. The patchouli has to be tempered a good deal.

Valentine does it. So pretty. As Luna said, it's gauzy.

I'm getting that "buttery" vanilla I get from LP O. That adds a little richness and warmth to those other sheer layers of notes. A beautifully sweet blend with an orange blossom top note.

Not as light as White. But, I'd put it in the light category of variants.

This scent moves me to want more orange blossom. For days when I'm feeling extra bright. :)

I wish we had a Sugared Orange Blossom to pair with this.

Yes, they come from the same plants but they are distilled in different ways which bring out different characteristics. Neroli can be bitter. Orange blossom can be softer, but there are many variations from maker to maker. I used Neroli EO in Sug Neroli but I lightened it up to come across more like orange blossom absolute. I often blend them together. Stacy, you'll prob like Sug Neroli.

Yes, they come from the same plants but they are distilled in different ways which bring out different characteristics. Neroli can be bitter. Orange blossom can be softer, but there are many variations from maker to maker. I used Neroli EO in Sug Neroli but I lightened it up to come across more like orange blossom absolute. I often blend them together. Stacy, you'll prob like Sug Neroli.

I haven't noticed any bitterness from Neroli in LP blends, so that makes sense. I did notice Neroli can almost come off as masculine when I've smelled it from other perfume houses.

Neroli is usually very sharp and pointy to me. . .while this has a jab at the very early start, it quickly tones into the sweet orange blossom that everyone mentioned. I am usually very afraid of Neroli, but this is a real gem.

Are you talking about the Sugared Neroli? I'm curious to try it now.

Yes. I was referring to the sweeter, slightly floral "Orange Blossom".

I guess real "orange blossom" would be expensive because of the labor intensive process. The same type used for real Gardena as I understand it. I didn't know you made your own. I agree Neroli EO can be green'ish & sometimes bitter. I thought it was the other notes in a blend that made it work for me, sometimes. I'll try the Sugared Neroli.

I think neroli is orange blossom?

Thanks Beccah. I looked it up and they do indeed come from the same plant. I have to try the Sugared Neroli. I was thinking of something a bit more sweet & floral. I tend to think of Neroli as a tad bitter'ish and green.

I love Valentine but a dab of extra Orange Blossom would extend the sweetness a bit longer as after the 4 hr mark I get a lot more patch as the other notes fade off. IMO, it would be the perfect refresher and help those more patch adverse wear this.

Edited by StacyK

First on, this is so fruity and delicious!!! Lots of apricot and orange blossom, which is sweet and softly floral on my skin. I get quite a bit more patch in this variant than any of the others I've tried. But as Luna said, the scent is so sheer, it's not a total patch overload. It dies down as the musk comes out and this turns into a beautiful, musky LP.

The orange blossom in LP Valentine definitely works as a man magnet. My son's ortho gave me his # :lol: I'mma need a bottle & a spray of this.

Orthopedic surgeon? Or Orthodontist? I must have missed something, hope he's okay.

This one is very fruity, it's mostly apricot, orange blossom and amber/vanilla/musk on me. Not getting much patch at all. It reminds me a lot of Honeyed LP. Of course, I want a bottle just because it's the Valentine LP variant, but I would definitely wear it a lot too.

Is orange blossom powdery? Because I'm getting that amazing LP original base with the most soft and delicate.... Floral/powder? I'm surprised I like this! Orange Blossom is more miss than hit for me. But this is a hit!

This scent is very gentle and just perfect for springtime. I feel girly and pretty wearing it.

Edited by hearts

I got my full bottle today, woohoo! I have to say that this variant has the attraction strength of Red, but the vibe is different. Like w/ LP Red men are strongly attracted to you, but maybe not for long term stuff (wink wink). I think it must be the orange blossom, but the vibe w/ LP Valentine is that men that view you as girlfriend material are being attracted in. I'm very hopeful that I'll be able to use LP Valentine to lure out Mr. Right.

Edited by Beccah

This is the first of the February sampler I have tried, and the one I was most excited about. It is everything I wanted Honeyed LP to be! (It was tooooooo smutty on me.) Delicately honey-like, with the delicious LP base to back it up. Its not as light as LP White, ceremony or flutterby on me, because its slightly honey-like. Also it has lasted pretty well from 10AM application to still faintly detectable now at 7p. So delicious! I'm going to need a FB for SURE!

I agree with other reviews in that it is sheer but not as sheer as LP White. On me the patch screams out and drowns the other notes. In the vile it smells like a powdery flower that I would wear to a Sunday church picnic on a beautiful warm spring day. It almost has a virgin/innocent-like vibe to it! I think those who like LP white, sneaky clean and soft whispery scents will love this. I would wear this in a locket instead of on my skin. The creative genius of Mara and her crew never cease to amaze me!

• 4 weeks later...

Gods, I LOVE this LP variant! I am a Neroli addict. I wear just the essential oil sometimes. I slather Sugared Neroli often!!! I also love Orange Blossom. I've lived around citrus trees my whole life and their blooms make my eyes roll back in my head. I love LP White and Sneaky Clean. This LP: Valentine was just a shoo-in for me!

I get all the happy results that everyone else is getting, and none of the patch-amping. Patch and I have a life-long affair going. Heh. This perfume is soft, feminine, demure, and just plain pretty! It's luncheon on a balmy day under an arbor at the greatest little family-owned restaurant out in the countryside of . It's brunch with champagne on a warm patio overlooking Lake Arrowhead before the wind kicks up in the afternoon *gigglesnort*. It's kicking back on MY sorta-patio on a warm day, laying back in the chair and looking up through all the pines, enjoying the light breeze and smelling my LP perfume (hoping a bear doesn't smell it, too)! See where I'm going here?

LOVE.

:burning-heart:

Edited by ElizabethOSP

This is like a sophisticated, warm, fuzzy orange creamsicle. Sweet, but not overly so, and entrancing! Would love to pair with Perfect Match. I also wonder if it could cover Cuddle Bunny UN.

Edited by Witty Kitty

• 2 months later...

I would have thought I had this boosted today. I was calmer, more relaxed. The most shocking for me was I felt more comfortable in my surroundings (being around a lot of people). I was talking to someone and all I could think was why the hell am I sharing this, it's like I couldn't not open up to them. When I put this on this morning I thought about why I was using it (other than I love it). I was disarmed.

• 2 months later...

Haven't I reviewed it yet????

My... well, I love orange blossom.

I wore this last night with LAM.

It's a very, very feminine scent, and sweet.

The vanilla and apricot make the blossoms seem candied. I love it, and I don't notice the patchouli.

I see how it would be a man magnet, especially when paired with a sexy-social phero.

Edited by reincarnated

I didn't love this one. It was very orange neroli patchy on me.

It almost smelled like orange incense. I don't know which note wanted to kill me first, the orange blossoms or the patch. I didn't even wait for the dry down, I had to wash it off. I'll probably give this another go before I decide if I trip and drip. Lol. Kidding. That's funny though trip and drip. Make yourself trip so it falls and breaks so you don't feel bad about destroying one of Mara's creations.

I've never done this BTW. Just sayin it would be funny.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

I’ve given this a couple tries because I tend to like the Love Potion variants. I get a sweet “white” patchouli right away with a perfumey apricot note. It is really light and faded away on me. I applied some more. I get some powderiness and the apricot comes out, but otherwise it is very light as in no throw at all. It is clean without being soapy or pointy. It is a totally white, not floral, apricotty LP and almost has a candy-like quality. It reminds me of LP Humidity without the flowers. It is extremely sheer on me and mostly apricot later. It’s a shame – I really love the scent, but I just can’t smell it on me for any length of time.