Ivory Cats: Cherry Divinity

Beccah

AD3-CherryDivine.jpg

Ivory Cats: Cherry Divinity

As love may change, in fair weather or foul, so it is said that the confectionary known as Divinity is subject to changes of humidity in order to achieve the desired form of puffy perfection. We decided upon a newfangled spin on that old-fashioned combination of cherry and chocolate…this time we’ve blended a sweet candied cherry accord in folds of fluffy marshmallow and rich vanilla, covered in a creamy white chocolate shell with just a touch of thick sweet amber for grounding. Devotees of our Special Delivery fragrance will find this one perfumely divine!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

CHERRY ~ Stimulates and attracts love, attracts mate. Cheerfulness, good humor, mood elevator, divination.
WHITE CHOCOLATE ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.
MARSHMALLOW ROOT ~ Fertility, happiness, creativity, increase in psychic awareness, intuition, love, protection, exorcism. Gently commanding and persuading.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

• 2 weeks later...

Interestingly enough, unlike my original CD, this didn't leap out of the vile with a cherry blast. Not that the cherry isn't there, but this version seems to go straight to a melded creamy frosted cupcake deliciousness.

First out of the vial and on, for me, this time was the chocolate AND cherry together that were prominent, not one overpowering the other. Then it quickly goes to cupcake frosted amazingness. If you liked the previous CD for it's wonderful cupcake qualities, you will absolutely LOVE this re-brew! IMO it is all cupcake right out of the vial and just like the original, I want to devour my arm and cannot stop huffing it! :lol: MYGOSHTHISISYUMMY!

Cupcake? I never got cupcake from CD. Interesting this sounds really different.

Really? With my chemistry I totally got cupcake - but I had to wait for the cherry to back off. But, yes, definitely read vanilla fluff cupcake on me. That may not be the intent of the candy it was supposed to evoke, but it's OH SO GOOD. It was part of the yummy long dry down of the original CD on me. Where at first it was indeed a cherried candy sweet chocolate delight that morphed into a vanilla cupcake based goodness. This one goes straight for something cupcake like to me with a cherry chocolate frosted goodness...Then again, it could be a chemistry thing, but if it is, I hope it doesn't change!

Comparing this with the original...it's the exact same recipe but I don't know if it's the same sources. I asked Mara if she could remake it and she checked her supplies and said she could, so I assume it's the same ingredients. The main difference, I think, is that the original has had two years to age so it's deeper and more robust. The new version has a fluffier feel; it's not as strong on the cherry except at first but I think with aging the cherry will become stronger. This one does remind me of the candy, whereas the original had more of a definite chocolate-cherry impression, but again, I think once this ages even, say, six months, it will become more intense.

This goes on exactly as it is scented in the vial. Clouds of creamy, dreamy white chocolate clouds with a hint of sweet candied cherry. As the scent warms and blooms, the faintest whiff of amber comes through, but never comes,forward. This is a skin scent for me, one that the hubby will need to cuddle me close to catch. My guess is he'll think I've been baking all day when he discovers Cherry Divinity.

OMGGGGGERD!!! To me it's pretty spot on with the original. I fell so hard for it the first time and I fall just as hard this time.

The only question being HOW MANY BOTTLES SHALL I NEED TO BACK UP MY BACK UPS!?!?

Eta: I just read that Luna requested this rebrew and and I just want say "good call and thank you from the bottom of my cherry lovin' heart!!!!!"

I was hoping the Cherry Fairy Cake would suffice but nothing can really compare to Cherry Divinty I now declare!!!!!!!

Edited by missdarlyncherie

I am pleasantly surprised by this one! The first Cherry Divinity had an intense, syrupy cherry blast on me and deepened into a rich, white chocolately cherry scent. This one is the opposite. It's so light and fluffy going on with a hint of cherry. I get a lot more marshmallow fluff, and the amber doesn't come out until waaaaay later, but over all, it's less intense on my skin than its predecessor. I might have to get a bottle! (And perhaps craft a recipe!)

Hmmm... this is the one I was most looking forward to because I heart all the cherry scents that Mara puts out but they never seem to last on me! But reading everyone's early reviews, and knowing that I amp chocolate qualities like crazy, I'm curious, do you all feel like the white chocolate overwhelms the cherry?

(Also, hi again everybody! I've been so busy with school I haven't had a chance to log in for ages! Miss you all!)

I got mine with a half-boost of Cuddle Bunny, which I imagine is affecting the scent a little. I only get some cherry when I first apply, and then it quickly becomes a chocolate-y marshmallow cupcake scent. Really soft and sweet.

Hmmm... this is the one I was most looking forward to because I heart all the cherry scents that Mara puts out but they never seem to last on me! But reading everyone's early reviews, and knowing that I amp chocolate qualities like crazy, I'm curious, do you all feel like the white chocolate overwhelms the cherry?

(Also, hi again everybody! I've been so busy with school I haven't had a chance to log in for ages! Miss you all!)

On my skin it's very close to the Original. Maybe a tad less cocoa butter with this one.I love cocoa butter so I notice every drop ;).

It's a bit sweeter to my nose. But, overall I love Cherry D.

Vexed, you should try a sample, quick.

I was hoping the vanilla wouldn't show up enough to rear its plastic head, but it did; this time it was of the "burned plastic" variety. However, it wasn't super strong against the other ingredients and sort of made for a "dessert with slightly burned edges" smell, so while it wasn't was I was looking for, it was actually still wearable :P The burned smell also didn't take too-too long to fade, leaving the rest of the soft dessert-y-ness, so I can enjoy this scent.

I have not experienced the first one, so I was excited about this. But I don't get much "cherry" in this at all. But I do get the white chocolate/marshmallow/vanilla/amber combo. It smells like the white chocolate confection it is named after. But I do not consider it a cherry scent. Perhaps the cherry lends an extra sweetness. However, it is a pleasant scent that did all the right things on my skin. No complaints since all the other notes are my favorites. I do agree with the cupcake descriptions.

When first applied, I get glace cherries smothered in warm, creamy white chocolate. So decadent and delicious. You know that you just want to indulge yourself, but there's a fine line between satisfaction and over indulgence. After some wear, the scent takes on a lighter fluffier quality...hello marshmallow.

My 10 year old son was in the room when I applied Cherry Divinity, said "Oh yum! Can you put some on me, too" lol

Im not a huge fan of the smell of cherries so I applied this one a bit hesitantly.

When I first applied it instantly made me wrist smell completely like a fresh bakewell Tarte, and then started to transform into a very marzipan like smell, I really wasn't a fan, it smelt like it would taste good but not what I wanted to smell like.

After about 15 min it softened up A LOT, The smells had started to fade and it warmed up. This smell was much nicer, it didn't feel as clashy as it did when I first applied!

After a bit more time it mainly smelt of White chocolatte, the cherry still there but extremely faint! It's a nice smell, and pleasantly surprised as went in to this one thinking I'd hate it because of the cherry but it's a smell I could wear. Maybe still a bit too sweet for me!

Anyone who likes the smell of melted sweet white chocolatte would love this!!

I don't know what "cherry divinity" is... will have to google, but this is DEFINITELY cupcake-ey. I LOVE it. The cherry is very very subtle, I think I was scared that it would be very strong-- kinda like spring's lusty cherry, which was too strong for me.

I will need a FB of this for sure. It had great throw and lasted pretty long!

How have I not reviewed this one yet? It's delectable -- I don't know how Mara does this but the texture is a gorgeous whipped frothiness, and the cherry/vanilla/marshmallow perfectly balanced and blended into a soft glowing pink cloud. Loving this for bedtime! On me, it feels lighter and frothier than the original, but that may be due to the other having had some time to age.

• 4 weeks later...

So...with the original Cherry Divinity, and also with Mamelons de Cerise and the Bohemian Cats one, I liked them a lot, but my skin made them evaporate quickly.

THIS time around, however: WOO-HOO!!! I can wear it, and snarf myself continuously, and love it, and hug it...and it lasts!!! SQUEE!

~And OMG it's soooo good!~ :burning-heart:

Wet in the vial, I get cherry hard candy with vanilla-something in the background. Wet on my skin, the cherry candy gentles down and the vanilla-something gets cake-ish. As it warms, I truly get Divinity Fudge...with maybe tiny pieces of chopped dried cherries stirred into it! I LOVE this! My Auntie Carlene used to make Divinity at Christmas, and it was marshmallowy and sweet and light and yummy. Just yesterday, on extreme drydown when the cherry had turned into more of a supporting sweetness than a fruit, I snoofed my arm and was suddenly, literally, seeing a plate of Auntie's Divinity in the house where I grew up! I do think the amber in here helps hold all the Yum on my skin, 'cause I can smell it if I look for it. Delicious! It is a perfume that makes me very happy. Have been wearing it for 3 or 4 days straight. I hope there are some bottles left. B)

Oh and a couple days ago, I was setting up painting stuff with one of my young art students. She stopped, looked around her kitchen, and said, "What is that smell?!?" I asked what kind of smell, and she said, "Oh, it's a good smell..." I stuck out my arm for her to sniff. Her jaw dropped and she said "That's it!"

These cakey, candy-like, foody sweets that Mara concocts for us are VERY good to wear whilst teaching the young ones! :heart::)

Edited by ElizabethOSP

• 3 weeks later...

I wore this today for the first time.
I do get lots of coconut-tinged vanilla. Then the cherry comes out a little in the form of something slighty almond-like.
A hint of cocoa butter, and a bit of amber deepen the scent a bit.

The ladies at work really liked it, and so did I. Fluffy, sweet and light.

However, I wanted to add a little bit of depth and sophistication to it, because I felt something was missing.

So later this evening, I layered it with Sugared Egyptian Musk.

OH
MY
GOD
YES!!

That's *exactly* what it needed to go from lovely to AMAZING.
The musk tempers the sweetness a little, and adds that depth and cleanliness.
So feminine and beautiful, it reminds me of Summer Dance PE. :)
The ladies at work went crazy for it.

I'm going to wear this combination until my sample runs out.
Cherry D is a lovely scent all on it's own, but that Egyptian Musk shoots it to the stratosphere.

• 3 months later...

This is delicious. It's my favorite edition of all the Chocolate Cherries. It's very cherry forward with creamy white chocolate. I will be getting a bottle of this with something boosted! I'm thInking SS4W!

Oh wait it's sold out! I could've sworn I saw it. Damn. Okay maybe I won't be getting a bottle of this lol!

• 2 years later...

For some reason, at first this smelled like some sort of cookie confection. Unfortunately. it then turned a bit medicinal on my skin. Currently I feel I smell a bit like a cough drop.

I don't think this one's for me; I found it too sweet in the vial, anyway.