Ivory Cats: Creamed Honey

Beccah

AD3-CreamedHoney.jpg

Creamed Honey

Here we have a lusciously lickable scent for luxurious slathering, inspired by our Potion Master’s craving for a creamy-sweet take on LPMP’s enduringly popular honey scents. Numerous varieties of buttercream are blended with dense coconut cream and a sweet-and-spicy Indian amber, swirled into gorgeously light and fruity orange blossom honey.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
MILK/BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
COCONUT ~ Protection, purification, receptivity.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

• 2 weeks later...

On me, at least, this is not as sweet as I expected it would be. What it primarily reminds me of is Sugared Honeycomb, it has that same sensual density but the creamy notes add an extra dimension - and happily - again, for me - the dairy notes don't turn sour. As a take on honeyed vanilla, of a kind, this is really intriguing. It's just as weighty as Sugared Honeycomb but not as thoroughly naughty, I suppose. It's lovely, though, yet another compulsively sniffable scent!

Sugared Honeycomb, naughty? lol :666:

oh I'm soooooo jealous right now. Also, happy to hear your review. I can sometimes get the sour dairy too. Good to know.

Edited by StacyK

This is definitely honey. I think it's the coconut adding that "something". At first I was thinking, how will coconut be in this? It's not that the coconut is pronounced so much as, on my skin at least, it really is adding to this creamy feel. It's not really a sugared honey on me, but truly a creamed (like whipped?) honey. The amber underneath may be keeping the honey from being as "naughty" on me as something like sugared honeycomb can be, lol. It will be interesting to hear how it's wearing on others ^_^ I do like it and will have to give it a good slather. It doesn't seem loud, but soft and close to the skin...but with a proper slather, we'll have to see if it stays that way...

Yeah the coconut is just meant to lend a creamy/whipped feel to it - Mara has a coconut oil-type of accord that smells like cream filling (i.e. for donuts or Twinkies).

Yeah the coconut is just meant to lend a creamy/whipped feel to it - Mara has a coconut oil-type of accord that smells like cream filling (i.e. for donuts or Twinkies).

Oh My! :faint: Yes, that fits the bill here for sure :heart:

Wet, on my skin this had a pronounced Eastern vibe, like Indian spices- no idea why, looking at the notes – maybe something about the combination of the type of coconut & the type of amber? In mid and late drydown it reminded me most of honey whip. It's tenacious — has been going strong for hours and hours!

I'm definitely getting more of a honey-amber instead of honey-vanilla. It is not smutty at all on me, but I do get that spice in the background like Tyvey mentioned. It's a very warm, golden type of scent. It reminds me of something else but I can't place it.

I had the same experience as Wendylynne. . OH MY FREAKING GOD. I have waited for this scent my entire freaking life. This is so ah-freaking-mazing on my skin. Buying more TODAY.

Additional note: For me, if I could never have another perfume for the rest of my life, I would be happy with just this. Perfect spice and Amber and on me, a very light honey.

Just bought more and split a boost of perfect match between them.

Edited by johnsonlisa90012

This is very pretty. Literally, its Creamed Honeys. Smooth, softly sweetened cream blended with a mix of darker and medium honey. I don't get a big coconut blast. It's subtle here. A sprinkle of spiced Amber tickles my nose in a very seductive way.

:666:

Sexy. But, not too forward. I have soooooooooo many honeys. But, I want to take this kitty home, add in some cops and :purr:

Edited by StacyK

So I initially was having some sadface over Creamed Honey -- this was the one I was most looking forward too, and in my first few forays, I got something very wonky and curry like. But after having forced myself to set it aside for a week to settle, I brought it out today and OHMYGOD this is what I dreamed of! It's totally buttered honey with just a lick of coconut to make it extra creamy. The amber gives it great body and depth. My only complaint is that the scent is so huffable I'm tempted to start licking my arm, and I know that's not recommended. :-)

JLisa, Perfect Match is an inspired choice! I'm wearing it with Gotcha! today and that also feels very congruent.

First on, this was lovely. It was equal parts honey and a wonderful whipped cream, like the spray kind from the can. However, I amp honey so within a half hour it's all I got. I can get whiffs of the lovely amber everyone else is talking about but the honey wins out. Honey lovers will love this!

I regret not buying a full bottle.

I just put it on for the first time and omg, I can't stop sniffing myself.

Luna wasn't lying at all about this being a compulsively sniffable scent!

In the bottle: It had a really strong honey scent to it when I did a bottle sniff test.

On me: The spiciness of the amber ( Thanks for putting a name to what I was smelling y'all) really kicks in, but I can also smell a bit of honey and cream which sweetens it up a bit. I really dig it, though!

I've been only wearing it for about 20 mins, but I'll update in about an hour to see if there are any changes on how it smells on me

4 hour update: It has sweetened and the smell of honey is strong!

This honestly makes me want to be licked all over cause it's just that damn delectable!!

Edited by Curiousnose

I like this scent but agree it would be even better w a boost like suggested. It doesn't have enough throw to it for me, (and trust me I doused myself with this as far as my little trial could go lol), but I think the right boost will carry the scent out more, kinda the way Lace does w Tantalize. What to boost it w I have yet to decide tho... but is a delicious scent to work with.

I loved this scent within 5 minutes of testing. Got the FB too! I smell a lot of amber and coconut at first (love me some coconut!), and then it mellows out to a nice soft honey and cream. Honey seems to get really strong on my skin, but the other notes in this scent make it just right.

I never gave honey much thought as perfume until I discovered LPMP. What a pleasant surprise to learn it agrees with my chemistry beautifully, and my perfume collection reflects this newfound love.

On me this one is primarily buttered honey with a dash of something which reminds me of...smoky spices maybe? I can't quite put my finger on it, but it slides into the background soon after drydown.

Unfortunately, buttercream is one of those notes which tends to make me a bit queasy; to my nose it comes across as either artificial/plasticky or kind of sour. Here, it's the former. Honey ho though I may be, I'm afraid this one's a miss for me.

Edited by Patchjulie

I avoid honey perfumes like the plague. Most of them end up smelling blatantly sexual on my skin. With Creamed Honey I've finally found a honey perfume I can wear! At first it smells like sweet rich golden honey, with a distinct warm brown spicy note from the amber. It has good strong projection, but isn't overly loud, and despite my fears it didn't start to scream SEX! SEXY, SEXY SEX! as it settled in. As it dried down the scent became softer, less honeyish and more musky/creamy skin scent, which was the most divine thing ever. Love it to death.

It's excellently blended. It has that instantly gratifying trait of scents that are bang in the middle between perfume-y and gourmand.

Something about it reminds me in feeling of Totem: Racoon.

I personally didn't connect with it on a deep level, though it is nice to have.

• 3 weeks later...

Creamed Honey is exactly that, and more. Warm dripping honey that is rich and creamy. I also get an exotic spicy note that just adds depth to this gourmand fragrance. I don't get a lot of longevity, but it certainly is delicious while it lasts

• 2 months later...

There's a spray left. lol I assumed that was what you were getting. I haven't cracked my FB open yet. I used up my trial fast. I love this. The amber is to die for. I'm trying to let my bottle to age up a bit. :)

• 11 months later...

Sweet and Spicy Indian Amber in this reminds me a little bit of the ginger milk tea I had in Chennai :) I could not get enough of that stuff.

The honey doesn't stand out. I think I'm just really surprised with this Amber and it's covering a lot of the other notes.

Coconut enlivens the party a touch to become a perfect "sweet dreams" scent for me.

Edited by Ivysaur

• 8 months later...

Not at all what I expected, and oddly I don't much cream or honey on my skin, which is a bummer. It's very floral on me, totally orange blossom forward, with a little bit of spice that I'm guessing is the amber. Even though it's not quite what I was hoping for, I'm totally loving it. It smells akin to an essential oil blend called DNA Repair that I adore, though it took me forever to place what that familiarity was! Makes me want to take a nice warm bath and snuggle up under 16 blankets with a BIG glass of wine.

• 1 year later...

This doesn't work on me. I like it in the vial, but on my skin it turns dusty, then plasticky, then sweet, and I think "here we go, it's going to work,"...but it doesn't because then it turns rubbery, then kind of sour...and it winds up just kind of sour and rubbery. It's not very strong though so I think I'll just put some Love Potion: Pink on top of it.

I don't think honey scents are my thing. 

I LOVED how it started out! The honey really came through, a delightful rich creamy honey that you could just sink into. It dried down a sweet, but clean smelling floral, with a hint of honeyed cream if you sniffed REALLY close to my skin. Definitely something I could wear to work, although I'm a little sad that no one will smell the honey.  I'm going to wear this tomorrow to work with La Femme Mystere. My first phero test ever! I'm excited! 

This is the first honey scent I've ever tried, so I'm definitely going to have to check out some of the other ones!

6 hours ago, halo0073 said:

@hedgehog how did your first test go? 

It went well! Here's my report: (posted in the LFM review thread)

Just now, hedgehog said:

My first order and my first phero test!  I wrote this up early this week but am just now getting around to posting. 

------

I wore two small dabs of LFM (lower neck/cleavage and left wrist) with Creamed Honey. I think I got 2-3 hits today.

1) I had a meeting with my work semi-crush (can't decide if it's just respect/enjoying working with him or an actual crush) and the meeting went over by 20 mins. It was kind of weird because we had short lulls when it would have been normal to end the meeting, but he didn't, just kept talking or waited for me to say something. I was the one who ended the meeting, and I wonder how long it would have gone on if I hadn't. :) Possible hit?

2) A guy at work who I think might? have a thing for me came over 3 times to talk to me. One of the times was DEFINITELY an excuse. The third time was the weirdest.

Him: Did you get the invite to [work event]? 

Me: Yeah.

Him: Should  I go?

Me: I don't even know if I'm even going to go. Do whatever you want!

Him: But what if I want you to decide for me?

Me: Wat? ........OMG IT'S THE LFM!

Weird, but definite hit! 

3) An older guy was very friendly and helpful and at one point just walked up to me and stood there smiling until I acknowledged him (was working on something at the time).  It was only for a little bit, and maybe he was just happy that day, but it still felt a little out of the ordinary.  

No one told me I smelled good.  Oh well.  And no hits from women, although I'm closer with the girls at work, so maybe they know me too well to be affected?

Self effects: I didn't get any extremely noticeable self effects, but I did feel more confident and well-spoken.  This might be placebo, though.  I also felt more awake and alert.  

I didn't notice any crazy effects, like some of you ladies were describing (thank you everyone for those awesome reviews! they were so helpful and are the reason why I chose LFM for my first order!) but I know that I'm unlikely to get crazy effects with two small dabs.

This works! I need to order some more pheros now!!! :D 

Creamed Honey got very sweet on me after a few hours. Maybe a little too sweet? I took a shower (although admittedly, I didn't scrub my wrist) and could still smell a bit of it on my wrist. I will have to use in teeny little doses. 

• 1 month later...

I'm surprised I didn't write anything in this thread yet. I had only tried this fragrance once last year and my grandmother loves the smell. I'm kind of scent blind but with this, I COULD NOT SMELL IT ON ME! 😖 I had sniffed it out of the vial and it smells so nice and sweet... Again it's been a few months since I've played with my LP toys and now I've invested in an oil fixative so I'll try this again with that on. But it smells so delicious, the only blend I've tried with honey that didn't turn to baby powder on me. Next on my honey list is Aja.   

• 3 months later...
On 4/11/2019 at 3:03 PM, Vicki Lee said:

Again it's been a few months since I've played with my LP toys and now I've invested in an oil fixative so I'll try this again with that on. But it smells so delicious, the only blend I've tried with honey that didn't turn to baby powder on me. Next on my honey list is Aja.   

I love how sweet and scrumptious this is too! What oil fixative are you using? 

• 3 weeks later...

This is a really sexy scent - I’m not a Honey Aficionado like so many on the forum, but to me this is so much more complex than I imagined a “Creamed Honey” would be. Wet I definitely get the “Eggnog-y” warm spice (probably the amber that Luna mentioned) but it smooths out rather quickly.  I don’t think I would boost this with anything but leave it to layer with an occasion appropriate UN.  I layered it with LFN for a dinner with GF and not only did she think I smelled divine, I came out of the ladies room and a man told me my perfume was amazing... he was at the bar with friends when I first walked by and WAITED for me to emerge from the restroom hallway to tell me.  Said he’d love to get it for his GF 🙄🤷‍♀️ But it was a nice scent ‘hit’ nonetheless! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/2/2019 at 9:20 PM, hedgehog said:

I love how sweet and scrumptious this is too! What oil fixative are you using? 

An Oil Fixative from this Indie Perfume shop Alkemia. It lasted me about 3 months, next on my list to try is this shop's fixative Lotion Crafters Fragrance Fixative. I want a nice amount for a decent price since I like to wear perfume and Pheros frequently.