USPS says package is missing

Gininfl

The latest tracking info on my package said it left Portland on 2/10. I contacted them to see what is going. A usps worker left me a voicemail stating that he doesn't know where the package is and it is probably "missing or damaged". Has anyone else dealt with this issue?

I'm sooo over USPS you just have no idea.

It has been a long while since anything has gone missing for me. I bet it shows up - they just lost track of it somehow.

File a complaint. It's amazing how things miraculously turn up when you do.

If your package still isn't found, let us know.

Sorry for the aggro, I am living it right now myself.

But actually, you are on the opposite coast so the package isn't even late yet. It will probably turn up in the next few days, they just haven't been scanning it along the way.

Yeah...I once had a box go from Cali (when LP was there) and take a tour of the eastern seaboard before making its way to the Midwest to where it was addressed. I wouldn't worry just yet, especially since Monday was a postal holiday. That can throw a wrench in things.

I'll wait a few more days. If it's not here by Monday, I will file a complaint. Would that be a reasonable time frame? It seems like they would know where it is IF THEY WOULD SCAN IT AT EACH DESTINATION, like UPS and Fedex! The guy that left me the voicemail was so nonchalant about it like "oh, well your package is lost". I guess this is what you get when your agency is insolvent.

This aggravates me so much because that was all I was looking forward to this week!