Private Editions for March 2016

Apologies for making you all wait for the labels this week, I got hit with a monstrous flu and it's been difficult to sit at the computer. But everything's ready now and Luna has made the wait worth it, with a wonderful story that encompasses all the PEs made this month! Read on below!!!

(I'll come back tomorrow and fill in the notes of each and available bottles and the scheme for sampling these, but until then, Luna's story should inspire some great guessing!

Here's my test scheme for sampling the PEs this month, with a limit of 20 sets.

Nine itty vials containing about ½ an ml each, no frills, just paper labels and shipping included (small padded envelope), for $10 per set. Let's see how this works out and we can adjust for future sets as necessary. You can reserve your set here.

5/20 sets available

(Luna, Phergineer, Curiousnose, Seajammarket, SprightLeigh, ChrissyRez, Bella, Lainey. Invidiana. EOSP, CM, LadyV, Blackcat, Tink, Chelle,

ADPE-SunshineStrawberry.jpg

Sunshine Strawberry

A sheer and fruity coconut suntan oil/skin scent that will take your mind off your troubles and leave you daydreaming of tropical paradise. Sweet strawberries melded with Jamaican Guavaberries (aka Rumberries) over oily Thai coconut, with a dusting of powdered sugar. If they made fruit infused suntan oil it would smell like this!

10 bottles available

(Salex, StacyK, CinnMel

ADPE-Opal-JDV.jpg

Opal's Joie de Vivre

Blackcat came up with some very clever combos this month. The first, a love letter to her precious little Opal crafted of fleshy black coconut overlaid with green grasses, a touch of linen, and a trio of fuzzy animalic musks. This really has a lovely warm skin and clean fur kind of vibe that surprised me with it's authenticity. Love!

3 bottles available

(SeaJam,

ADPE-AphroditeVermont.jpg

Aphrodite in Vermont

A fresh and inviting aphrodisiac comprised of just-plucked strawberries and freshly snipped roses of the baby pink sweetheart variety. The body is comprised of sweet butter lettuce leaves, a hint of chamomile and herbs, with a dot of fresh earth in the base. Happy, smiley, daytime love, by Blackcat.

4 bottles available

(StacyK,

ADPE-InvitingAphrodite.jpg

Inviting Aphrodite

And Blackcat's nighttime ode...thick attars of red and black roses over rich black coffee and dark chocolate, with drops of warm silkiness in the base courtesy of vetiver and myrrh.

4 bottles available

(StacyK, RoseB x2, CinnMel)

Alt: DolphinDolls

ADPE-QueenieDelight.jpg

Queenie's Delight

Queenie asked for a spa-like refreshing orange and ginger perfume, of the type that is often used at luxury hotels and spas for moisturizing creams and such, but she wanted it concentrated enough to wear as a perfume. I used refreshing German Blue Chamomile as a base, and over that blended 3 types of orange EOs - blood orange, tangerine and orange peel, spiced it with ginger root EO, and added a few drops of smooth amber and silky sandalwood as a base. A pretty and well rounded perfume with a nurturing feel.

3 bottles available

(Stephanie,

ADPE-Wanderer.jpg

Wanderer

Wanderer is Amanda's ode to the great god Odin, crafted of ingredients that she associates with him, some traditional, some a dedication of her own. A base of spicy dragon's blood resin and leaves of the mighty oak, a dash of blond woods, a splash of mead and dark civit honey, and pipe tobacco smoke. Deep and strong and mysterious, this is a scent that both sexes can wear.

3 bottles available

(QuietGuy, Maililyann, Invidiana)

ADPE-GinnyLee.jpg

Ginny Lee

An ode to Janet's beautiful Mumsy, Janet asked for a mix of our scents Bonnie and Sugared Oranges, with a tiny touch of Sneaky Clean-ness. So, in the end, we've got a lightly green fresh air scent, with an orange spritz. I used five types of orange EOs over heather and hay and a drop of ozone, a sprinkle of white sugar (not too sweet) and a splash of Nepalese amber in the base.

3 bottles available

ADPE-LadyVPussy.jpg

Lady Victoria's Sweet Little Pussycat - Rebrew

6 bottles available - we think we have 6 left, this might change.

(Sunnycowgirl x2, Curiousnose, Juliana, Maililyahn, Phergineer)

AD-CompromisingPositions_1.jpg

Compromising Positions - VIRGIN

3 bottles available

(Tyvey, Sunnycowgirl, SprightLeigh)

"Too Many Pussycats"

a Detective Odin mystery by Julian Lune

Detective Herbert Odin sighed for about the fiftieth time that day, staring at the file before him on his desk. The city’s notorious cat burglar had struck again, emptying one of the shopping district’s most high-quality jewel emporiums and spray-painting her initials upon the front window: SLP.

She was shameless, that Sweet Little Pussycat. And she liked shiny things.

He tapped the surveillance photos, which were not helpful. Though Ms. SLP, as he’d come to refer to her, was petite yet shapely, she donned a cleverly-designed catsuit for her capers, concealing her from head-to-toe in stretchy black velvet with leather and lace accents, complete with a hood which covered her face, save for her eyes, High-calibre night-vision goggles took care of the rest.

Fashionable, to be sure. And wherever she had been, a delicious scent of creamy coconut musk with just a hint of floral lingered in the air.

“So how we gonna find her?” one of his detectives had asked. “Sniff every dame in this town?”

Half the force raised their hands for that particular detail.

“Get outta here!” he yelled at them all, going outside to smoke his pipe and think for a while. How much jewelry did a woman need, after all? His assistant Reina approached him - now she smelled very nice, he thought, like oranges and clean air.

“Reina, do you think we should try to find this perp’s perfume?” he asked her.

“I was just about to tell you, sir, an expert has arrived to consult on the case.”

Odin shrugged and followed her back inside.

The expert was a woman attired - much like his suspect - all in black, but her style was severe as much as Ms. SLP’s was sleek and tantalizing. He shook her hand and caught a whiff of strong coffee and something dark and resinous clinging to her leather jacket.

“So, uh -”

“Opal. Just Opal.”

“Well then, whatever information you have -”

“This woman is clearly seeking notoriety. Her actions will become increasingly more reckless and daring. She is a woman who craves adventure and recognition.”

“And diamonds,” Reina interjected helpfully.

“I put it to you that the jewels are not her true desire.”

“No?” they each exclaimed.

“No. What this woman seeks is an even creamier, sexy, fragrance to slather herself in!”

Reina smiled. She didn’t care for creamy scents, but she understood the importance of a signature scent.

“And so how are we going to catch her?”

“With the perfect bait, of course!”

Detective Odin had a heck of a time explaining to his chief that the department needed to foot the bill for perfume blending, until he made the acquaintance of Ourania Fraise, famed nose. Her scent changed from day to day but always contained a hint of fresh strawberry, and her pink attire ran the gambit from champagne to Shocking. The chief was quite taken with her aromatic personality.

“We must give the pussycat her cream, non?”

The department nodded, as if hypnotized. Reina snorted, and continued to type up reports.

The behavior of both Opal and Madame Fraise was rather eccentric. The squad room was bizarrely disturbed when one afternoon Opal suddenly shouted, “WHO IS WEARING VANILLA IN HERE?!” The culprit turned out to be someone’s spilled milkshake.

“Interesting,” she murmured, sniffing the cup. “Real bourbon vanilla, a nice touch.”

Several of the detectives began wearing vanilla extract to work after that, and Reina kept her office door closed.

Odin had become obsessed with profiling Ms. SLP, though he had so little to go on. Madame Fraise suggested he scent himself with vetiver and black pepper.

“Is very good for the brain, non?”

The chief marched in after several weeks of smelly conjecture and declared, “This had gone far enough! Do you have any results yet?!”

Madame Fraise drew herself up to her full height of five-foot-five and haughtily replied, “Monsieur, you cannot rush the genius!”

But she was finished with her blending, and the result was a sensual dream of cream, spice and a resinous finish which no one could resist, everyone in the station house eagerly dabbling themselves before going off-shift.

“Now she will come!” its’ creator declared, “We will put her in the compromising position, non?”

The chief was too busy hungrily sniffing his wrist to reply.

One day later, a petite voluptuous woman attired in a knockoff catsuit surrendered to the police after smashing the window of a discount jeweler at the mall.

“That’s not her!” Odin cried. “Our perp is much classier than that!”

Dozens of cat-suited women turned themselves in or allowed themselves to be caught in the act, and once inside the station house practically purred to experience the perfume created to capture the real Sweet Little Pussycat.

“Reina, what am I gonna do?” Odin despaired. Reina leaned in to get a whiff of her boss...he smelled so...peppery. But she liked it.

“Oh she’ll slip up eventually,” Reina theorized, spritzing herself with her sunny signature scent (which no woman should be without, she believed). “She may have all the diamonds she wants, but all these other ladies smelling so creamy and yummy? It’s driving her crazy, believe me.”

“I can’t wait that long!” he cried.

“Herbert,” she said, taking his arm, “have you ever considered aromatherapy?”

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh this is so cool...are newbies allowed to reserve also? I like one Virgin comp posted and 2 Lady Victoria's Sweet Little Pussycats. Please and thank you.

Hope you feel better soon mara.

Edited by Sunnycowgirl

Oh oh oh oh oh oh!!!!!!!! I am grabbing Opal and telling her that she has achieved immortality by taking part in a Luna scribing!

Luna, this is sheer genius. I am always in awe of your writing but this is so clever and fun!

And Mara.... as always I love my labels! Thank you for putting the little punk's mug front and center... and the Aphrodite labels are perfect! Now I will settle down and happily stalk for notes!

ETA: I was so overcome by this feast of fun I forgot to say how sorry I am you got hit with the flu! I was afraid something really icky had happened to slow you down. I hope you are taking good care of yourself and feeling better!

ETA: JLisa, dying to know which one is yours and what you were up to this time!

Edited by Blackcat

I didn't order one but I am dying to know your notes Blackcat!!

Oh how funny, I somehow thought you had! And oh, yeah, I guess I could give you guys a heads up about mine!

Let's see -- Opal's Joie de Vivre is a variant on my Opal that Mara made me last year. I asked for the furry musk from my Olivia's Comfort and Joy. Then linen (because despite almost never being bathed she always smells like fresh laundry!) and grasses (because she loves to roll around in it!). And then I spent a long time meditating on a fourth note to capture her blackness, and finally inspiration struck and I asked for the black coconut from Tyvey's Eternal Summer because I loved that so much!

The Aphrodite potions... it felt so strange asking for these! As most folks here know, I've been in a pretty "dark goddess at the crossroads" type of space for a while now! But when Memorare got me onto Beth Wodandis's Etsy shop, I found myself being pulled really hard to a couple of Aphrodite items... and with spring coming, it seemed like a good time to invoke an energy that would be go along with that "Nourishing the Sensuous Self" thread in my journal.

I think I'm going to wait for Mara's notes on those, because I gave her more general thoughts for those than for the Opal one. Suffice to say though that Aphrodite in Vermont will be a more natural daytime kind of scent, while Inviting Aphrodite is going to be for night time use. And both will feature rose. :-)

ETA: On second thought, why not! Here is what I sent to Mara:

Aphrodite in Vermont -- pink roses, spring strawberries, and fresh lettuce, all straight from the garden with rich loamy dirt still clinging to the roots.... my usual organic, not too sweet, with the dirt as an actual note

Inviting Aphrodite -- rose attar, coffee/espresso, cocoa absolute and either myrrh or the richest booziest vanilla note available, whichever you think better serves the scent.

As always I told her that she was welcome to make any changes she thought would be better!

Edited by Blackcat

I'd like to request one bottle of "Inviting Aphrodite" please.

That's in addition to my already requested 2 bottles of LV's Sweet Pussy, I had requested on that review thread.

Confirmed.

Thank You.

Edited by StacyK

Oh oh oh oh oh oh!!!!!!!! I am grabbing Opal and telling her that she has achieved immortality by taking part in a Luna scribing!

Luna, this is sheer genius. I am always in awe of your writing but this is so clever and fun!

Aww, thank you! It was a lot of fun coming up with that.

Based on an earlier comment by Mara - I will go ahead and reserve a bottle of Wanderer if I may.

Here's my test scheme for sampling the PEs this month, with a limit of 20 sets.

Nine itty vials containing about ½ an ml each, no frills, just paper labels and shipping included (small padded envelope), for $10 per set. Let's see how this works out and we can adjust for future sets as necessary. You can reserve your set here.

Aww, I hope you feel better soon Mara! The bugs have been so nasty this year. :(

Please reserve me that 2nd bottle of Wanderer when you're up to it (I'm the Amanda in question! I don't remember if I ever put my forum ID on the order lol) Thank you!

Got em all to this point, I think! Thanks everyone! And thanks for the well wishes too. I NEED them! going into my second week of this awfulness and it's driving me nuts! Ack!

Please reserve me that 2nd bottle of Wanderer when you're up to it (I'm the Amanda in question! I don't remember if I ever put my forum ID on the order lol) Thank you!

Thanks, Memorare, I already have an additional one saved aside for you, not counted in the list. We're good! And thanks, no the screen name was not on your order. This helps! :)

Mara, I'm reading my descriptions and literally squeeing with delight here at Black Cat Cottage! These sound AMAZING -- as always, I feel as if I hand you this bunch of blunt scribbly crayon drawings and you transform them into masterpieces in oils.... I am beyond excited to get these. Thank you SO much!

And Memorare -- I thought that was you!!!! Congrats, Wanderer looks incredible! Actually (not surprisingly) they all look incredible! I think I'm gonna sit on my hands for a bit though and let my current ginormous order finish processing before coming in for round 2. :-)

I'd be so grateful if someone could tell me how to get my bottle of lv's slp... How can I request an invoice?

You can order from this page:

http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/articles/PrivateEditions

Scroll down to where it says "Additional bottles"

put the name of the PE you reserved in the first box and in the second box, put your forum name.

Or you can email Mara/John at CataLunaLPMP@yahoo.com for an invoice

You can order from this page:

http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/articles/PrivateEditions

Scroll down to where it says "Additional bottles"

put the name of the PE you reserved in the first box and in the second box, put your forum name.

Or you can email Mara/John at CataLunaLPMP@yahoo.com for an invoice

TY Bella! I'll request an invoice since I'm going to order a few FBs soon. These ivory cats are FRICKIN AMAZING.

Feel better Mara!