Wanderer

836a479d-fb23-43c3-a212-647e8d50cf8a_zps

"Wanderer is Amanda's ode to the great god Odin, crafted of ingredients that she associates with him, some traditional, some a dedication of her own. A base of spicy dragon's blood resin and leaves of the mighty oak, a dash of blond woods, a splash of mead and dark civit honey, and pipe tobacco smoke. Deep and strong and mysterious, this is a scent that both sexes can wear."

~*~*~

This is a unisex PE, but I decided to put its review thread in the men's forum because I think it is genuinely unisex. Mara is the only one anywhere who can actually pull that off to my satisfaction!

I've been wearing it since I got it yesterday afternoon and I'm just absolutely delighted with it. It's everything I hoped it would be. I still don't know by what sorcery I suggest four notes and end up getting perfection :D It all blends together so well that it's hard picking out individual notes. Despite the dragon's blood, it's not "INCENSE!11!!eleven1!" on my skin, though I do think it has a bit of a spicy incense feel. If you have ever burned incense outdoors, Wanderer captures that vibe for me perfectly. (It's really not like burning it in the house, where it's usually all you can smell.)

Even the tobacco note manages to be a team player (something I was a little worried about when I asked for it!) The honey is perfect in this too, just the right amount. To my nose on drydown, it's almost like a lurking bit of raunchy in the background. Not having a bed of your own doesn't mean you won't find one :666:

I think this is one that will age incredibly well, though it's hard to imagine it getting better! I am absolutely thrilled with it. Thank you very much Mara! :love:

I've been wearing it since I got it yesterday afternoon and I'm just absolutely delighted with it. It's everything I hoped it would be. I still don't know by what sorcery I suggest four notes and end up getting perfection :D I

It's amazing how that happens, isn't it!

This sounds incredible, Memorare! I may need to grab a sampler so I can try!

Unless I'm mistaken, this sold out before I could get my grabby lil hands on it. Which is a travesty.

I have a bottle coming. If I do not like it, you can have first dibs. :)

• 2 weeks later...

So this is AMAZING. i didn't dare grab a full bottle unsniffed, because I was worried that both the dragon's blood and the tobacco could be headache inducing for me. It turns out not to be so! This is the perfect fall scent -- I don't know how Mara does it, but it totally has a fresh air, outdoors vibe, and it serves to mitigate those notes and make them purely delicious. This remind me a little bit of Hauntings -- it has that coolness to it -- but at the same time it's very much its own thing. The civit honey is not dirty at all -- just dark and adding a little raw sweetness.

Congrats, Memorare and Mara!

Very outdoors, very Fall, very strong on my skin. You never know how something will sit on your skin and so I overdid the initial application lol. But it did die back once it dried down. I am not sure about the name Wanderer, but it is easier to say than Outdoor Fall Festival which is what this fragrance says to me. In no uncertain terms.

This is the perfect scent to wear in the Fall, even outdoors. Yes it is that strong and has that kind of throw, at least on my skin. Most of Mara's scents seem to be based on the idea of a light sillage that draws people in to you as they want to investigate and get more of whatever they are smelling. But most fragrances are not strong enough to do this outdoors with wind dispersion, etc. unless you are very close or downwind. I think this fragrance can do whatever it wants outdoors.

This is another scent I am surprised the ladies call unisex, which again is a testament to Mara's skill as Memorare said. If I did not know the providence of this fragrance, I would say this is all guy. It is a very strong masculine scent to me. This fragrance seems to bluntly say I am an outdoors guy, and it is time to test whatever drink has been fermenting and is ready to go haha!

So far it is reminding me of Hiker's Morning Woods while wet. Of course I am probably missing a lot of nuance thanks to the whole pollen investing my sinuses problem that I have been having. I can really only smell the wood and that's it...which suggests to me that my nose is currently broken.

Eta: That should be infesting not investing...yeah, swipe.

Edited by Maililyahn

• 3 weeks later...

Admittedly I was a bit afraid of the dragon's blood because I normally don't get along with that one, but this blend is sooooo nice! I love wood accents and the tobacco - I only get a bit of the honey. I think in this one the dragon's blood just comes off as a resin-y undertone and lends a bit smokyness to it. I do get that "spicy incense" impression too. I would probably wear this but it has such a deep masculine aura I think I'd prefer to smell it on manflesh.

• 1 month later...

I tried this again the other day and now that I can smell things again it is a much different experience. It is much more complex than I had smelled before. I get mostly honey and woods but there is more all mixed in together. I like the smell of it close to the body the best. It seems to have more honey and warmth to it where it was worn on cleavage and elbows creases. The wrists and hands smelled more of woods, like it lost the warmth the further away it was from my core. I got compliments on it and it is definitely a scent with good silage.