Oil or spray

haggy

It really depends on your skin chemistry and environmental factors - there's no fixatives or preservatives so it's an ever-evolving experience.

Do a 60/40 split! You can get a spray that I thinnnnk is 60% alcohol base,40% DPG, though I possibly have it backwards.

Scent lasting on skin depends largely on how heavy the base notes are in your perfume. Somethin full of resins,Oakmoss and civet is gonna last much longer than something made of lilacs and white musk for example, though Mara's 'lighter' scents usually last pretty well too because she uses a good ratio of fragrance to base in those scents. I've had a few light ones that dissipate quick, but for the most part she knows what to put in there to hold em down awhile.

Also, how moist your skin is can be a thing too. Dry skin 'eats' scent a lot faster. I use nuetrogena oil while my skin is still damp to seal in moisture, and I try to drink lots of water. It helps!

Unless it is a fragrance/pheromone combo I always go with unscented pheromones. I look at it from the perspective of giving me more mix and match options.

I prefer unscented because I like to mix and match, but also because I like to be able to add more scent without having to add more phero.

And for delivery I tend toward getting socials , including lightly copped ones in spray, while I prefer more heavily copped stuff in oil. So far there's one exception to my "rule": LFN. I prefer that in a spray for some reason.

I get better results from the fragrance/phero combo. Mara's scents are topnotch and very potent on their own. When the intent of the scent is aligned with the intent of the phero, then it's a double whammy. Also don't forget, we all have a sweet spot with how much phero we need to use, and more is not often better. I do fantastic at the 33 % with 3-4 swipes of the oil. When I buy unscented, I mix it with something to get back the 33 % ratio :)

I get better results from the fragrance/phero combo. Mara's scents are topnotch and very potent on their own. When the intent of the scent is aligned with the intent of the phero, then it's a double whammy. Also don't forget, we all have a sweet spot with how much phero we need to use, and more is not often better. I do fantastic at the 33 % with 3-4 swipes of the oil. When I buy unscented, I mix it with something to get back the 33 % ratio :)

I stick to this ratio when mixing too :)

Hmm...should i get the fragrance/phero or pure phero? Is the sample vial good enough for testing?

My very first order contained a lot of sample vials so I could try out different (scented) pheros first. The vial contains enough product for you do many test runs. Like a lot of people here, after that I started playing with UNs for mixing and matching.

Edited by Witty Kitty

I had to go through a testing/adjusting phase with each of the unscented pheros, and until I figured out a ballpark amount for those I had better effects with the scented pheros. But now that I've got a good handle on how much I need to wear of the unscented, the results are the same.

Having said that, I do try to match the phero to the intent or feel of the scent because they really do seem to perform better when the intent is the same. Sometimes I go by the meanings indicated by the ingredient list and sometimes I go by the name of the scent.

But generally I find I get great results either way.

As I mentioned before - I prefer using unscented pheros with whatever fragrance I decide to wear. And considering the number of fragrances I have, well ... The unscented pheros are easier to test in my opinion. You can go up or down to find where you need to be without becoming the "cologne guy" by mistake lol.

My wife is not at all into strong cologne smell on me - Have to go very light - so that is another reason I like the unscented pheros. I can do one or two quick hits of a frangrance/phero combination and go with a couple extra spritzes of the pheromone.