Tribute

Beccah

AD2-Tribute.jpg

OUD (Agarwood) ~ Love, aphrodisia, spirituality, health.
TOBACCO ~ Healing, purification, spiritualism. An ode to the Gods.
FRANKINCENSE ~ Purification, consecration, protection, exorcism. Associated with silver and the moon.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

Unisex, for men & women.

This one has that same "fizzy" frankincense like in Veridian Muse. But otherwise it's a very smooth dusky kind of scent, not heavy, just deep and rich, I'm enjoying it. If you like Kara Kedi then you would like this one too, I think, although I would say it's more unisex than masculine-unisex or masculine. It has more of a neutral quality. Once the frankincense calms down on me the oud comes forward and it is wonderful.

In the vial, I primarily get the oud, but once it hits my skin it's All Frankincense All the Time.... which is lovely, but intense. In the long drydown, the other notes come out to play a bit, and by morning, it's a soft resin-y whisper.

OHMYGOODNESS this takes me back to my wiccan days when I burned frankincense for meditation and spells and anointing. The memories of cleansing and pleasant, quiet meditation just flooded back in an unexpected wave. This is just lovely because of the evocation of memory. Not really a scent I would wear, but one I absolutely adore :heart:

Update: now that the frankincense is chilling out, the oud is having a chance to step up and I'm getting some of that tobacco. MY! This is REALLY nice!!!

Edited by NuTrix

OHMYGOODNESS this takes me back to my wiccan days when I burned frankincense for meditation and spells and anointing. The memories of cleansing and pleasant, quiet meditation just flooded back in an unexpected wave. This is just lovely because of the evocation of memory. Not really a scent I would wear, but one I absolutely adore :heart:

Update: now that the frankincense is chilling out, the oud is having a chance to step up and I'm getting some of that tobacco. MY! This is REALLY nice!!!

Yes, yes, yes. Definitely smells witchy. I like it. I also agree that this is neutral unisex. Thus far, I feel like it's more "New Age bookstore" unisex. The frankincense makes me want to keep sniffing my arms..

Edited by Beccah

*adds Tribute to the list*

This looks incredibly good just based on the note breakdown. I only hope that oud note is better than what Montale has to offer. I haven't found a synthetic example of oud I've enjoyed yet, so it's a bit of a shot in the dark here.

• 2 weeks later...

Haha - I am always amazed at some of the interpretations! I would say this is a more masculine unisex scent but the ladies beg to differ!

I really do not get much of the tobacco out of this and quite often tobacco blows up on my skin. Instead this is the "dusky" (as Luna puts it so well!) scent of oud and frankincense with a touch of vanilla and tobacco. Again - deep and rich but falling short of heavy or overwhelming. I really love scents like this.

My only problem with the LPMP scents I've tried is the excessive sweetness on my skin where I don't feel it's called for. The scents themselves feel as though they're constantly in conflict, never settling into a complete, harmonious image. This sounds even more like something I'd enjoy. As much as I have a hard time with synthetic oud, I'm willing to give this a shot.

• 4 months later...

I have been putting this in a wax warmer, as a home fragrance. I wanted something that would purify my home, which has experienced a great deal of grief in the past months due to the passing of my dear husband. However, I cannot tolerate smoke, so no smudging or incense will work.

This is just a beautiful "place" scent for me. I don't know how else to describe it. I'm really not spiritual but it is bringing a positive energy to my house.

It is just one more way LPs enrich my life. They are more than just scents.