Queenie's Delight

Beccah

ADPE-QueenieDelight.jpg

Queenie asked for a spa-like refreshing orange and ginger perfume, of the type that is often used at luxury hotels and spas for moisturizing creams and such, but she wanted it concentrated enough to wear as a perfume. I used refreshing German Blue Chamomile as a base, and over that blended 3 types of orange EOs - blood orange, tangerine and orange peel, spiced it with ginger root EO, and added a few drops of smooth amber and silky sandalwood as a base. A pretty and well rounded perfume with a nurturing feel.

• 3 weeks later...

With this perfume, I get mostly sandalwood and spice. I do detect the orange, but it's mostly bitter on me, as in the peel. This fragrance is resinous and smoky. It's very rich and heady, reminds me of incense. I really do like the scent, however, it is a bit stabby, though, I think it will age beautifully.

• 1 month later...

Trying this tonight, it sure does smell like a high end bath/body scent. I get the ginger, and the chamomile, and a bit of the orange. I can't wait to see how it dries down..

• 2 months later...

I'm curious about this...I was just using an Origins bath product in their staple ginger scent, which is primarily ginger and different types of orange and citrus. Can anyone say if this perfume is reminiscent of that scent, or do the sandalwood and amber give it a whole other feeling?