New Releases for JUNE 2016! and PEs too!

I calculated it at around 666 mcgs per bottle. Not for the ebilness of the number, mind you, :lol: it's just how things get divided in thirds when brewing. Summershine is not overly sweet, it's more refreshing, as it's green and watery with the pineapple tang on top. I didn't add anything to make it sugary so it's more like natural pineapple.

Wow, I'm sold!!!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohh so it's more than the usual enhanced scent, nice. :666:

I like your description. That's pretty much how I imagined it! Yay!!

Yes, because an unscented Topper bottle is 2,500 mcg, rather than 1,000. And I still wanted it to have that Topper 'kick'!

And even today, one of the hottest songs of the past year - Uptown Funk - if you love that song, go look up the vid of Morris Day & the Time performing Jungle Love and you'll see and hear the inspiration for that!

I keep seeing people saying that, but while I agree "Uptown Funk" has the Minneapolis Mafia sound to it, to me it's really just more of a general 80s electrofunk thing rather than a direct quotation of "Jungle Love." The guitar is definitely Prince-like, but the song is missing those big slabs of Oberheim he used to put on everything.

Our Cauldron Punch of the Month started out with a mountain of frozen fruit - I thought I would try using frozen so it would also act like ice cubes. I still needed to use some ice, but only about a quarter of the amount as usual since it melted MUCH slower. And that's saying something since it was around 90 degrees. So, what's all in there?

13327497_1056902974376662_80970875164402

Frozen cubes of Mango, pineapple, strawberries, coconut...added to Pineapple Orange Juice. I added to this, organic Bourbon Vanilla Extract and Coconut Extract. Not to mention copious amount of dark and light rum and vodka. I went "simple" this month.

13315367_1056902984376661_54879263010738

I am bummed that I didn't get a pic of the table...I did everything in clear turquoise blue and green, with blue and green metallic balloons and pinwheels. It looked GORGEOUS and very watery, but it was so busy I never got a chance to snap!

As far as the NRs went - Black Star Lavender went over very well, and every single person I showed Summershine and Atlantic Shore to bought some, male and female both. This month's set really came out great - from the potions to the artwork. It's beneficial for me to be doing these every other month because I have more time to brainstorm and get inspired. I think you guys are really going to enjoy this set! :D

Wow, Mara! Your punch always looks so pretty and delicious. I still want to make that lovely one with Star Fruit some day! It looked like a drinkable Van Gogh painting! You sure do have the brewing magick down in all ways possible!

13320993_1057189884347971_23445563670359

Gorgeous presentation!

Yes, a combination of song titles from both Bowie and Prince. It's impossible to not have been effected by their music if you lived during their lifetimes. I know all of us have our own relationships with them.

Especially Bowie, I think, because he often represented the "outsider", and everyone has identified with that at some point in their lives, so each person's relationship to Bowie's music seems intensely personal, yet there are MILLIONS of us! It was a powerful realization for me to see all the public tributes of people who felt alone - banding TOGETHER to express their love, appreciation and grief.

And Prince, who's influence is so much wider than he was ever given credit for. For me, his music was most often a social thing - EVERYONE has partied to Prince music! And even today, one of the hottest songs of the past year - Uptown Funk - if you love that song, go look up the vid of Morris Day & the Time performing Jungle Love and you'll see and hear the inspiration for that!

Oh, yes, and the perfume smells wonderful too. :)

My word... these left me truly moved. Admittedly, the Moon is in Cancer and this makes me hyper emotional, but based on the sentiments of these, I really did yield to a few bittersweet tears. Simply beautiful spirit in these, Mara and the perfumes do sound gorgeous. The labels, the perfumes, the inspiration for them, all of it. And LUNA, I just have to say that your descriptions were amazing! To my mind, your descriptions for Mermaid's Kiss and Ocean Mist, evoked much of Caitlin R. Keirnan's, "The Drowning Girl." The descriptions for these two reminded me of some of the eerily lovely, dreamy thoughts that would dance through Imp's beautifully haunted mind. Much respect and admiration, Mara, luna, and La Wiz! :purr:

Thanks all...as always I wholly appreciate your comments and am pleased you enjoy the scribing. :)

Ah Rose, if only I could be so adept...thank you. But the one for Ocean Mist is mainly Mara's.

FYI: I am working on the story for the PEs - my brain is a bit mushy because I haven't been sleeping well of late, but hopefully I'll have it shaped up tomorrow or the next day. It's a Savannah Finch story this month.

Katz, I hadn't had the chance yet to properly thank you for the divine nature of that dessert. I probably shouldn't have mentioned the "better than sex" comment in front of my wonderful guy but I don't think it bothered him. But it was glorious. To think of it in a perfume I can roll in and maybe it won't go directly to my thighs... You and Mara both rock!!!

Oh. Mah. Gah! Of course! We all had like ONE spoonful as it was utterly perfect! Yowzers, that needs a sexy phero "on the side"... Maybe!

Edited by StoremyWhether

They all look so amazing! Besides Black Star Lavender (fb already ordered), I'm most excited to try Ocean Mist, Atlantic Shore, and Summershine. I love scents with salt in them and the atmospheric type scents.

Thanks all...as always I wholly appreciate your comments and am pleased you enjoy the scribing. :)

Ah Rose, if only I could be so adept...thank you. But the one for Ocean Mist is mainly Mara's.

FYI: I am working on the story for the PEs - my brain is a bit mushy because I haven't been sleeping well of late, but hopefully I'll have it shaped up tomorrow or the next day. It's a Savannah Finch story this month.

luna, you do yourself a great disservice. You are a much, FAR better writer than you know! I look forward to reading your forthcoming PE story, and anything else you have written. Sadly, I can relate to the whole sleep dilemma.

Mara, my compliments to you on the Ocean Mist description. It is lovely.

Okay, the first post is updated with the PE story, although I believe I will add more when my brain unlocks again. :)

Dang, Luna! I got really into that story short. Do we have to wait until next month's PEs to get the rest of it?

luna, I am hooked! What a great story so far! Great characters and story line. Such a tease though! I am wondering the same thing as Beccah, which is, do we have to wait until the release of the next PEs for more? If so, bummer, but it is all entirely worth the wait. BTW, I love that you are among those of us who still capitalize the first letters of the seasons, as in "Spring." Most people do not do so these days, but it is an idiosyncrasy of mine. Old habits die hard. ;)

Thanks all. :wub:

I didn't mean to leave on a cliffhanger, it's just that my sleep-deprived brain...arrgh. Anyhoo, I do plan to wrap it up, it's just that this one turned out longer than usual. Thank you for your continuing patience. :)

I had intended to go over to the restaurant on Saturday evening from which the LP Summer 2016 was inspired, to give them a bottle of the perfume. As luck would have it, the gal who was our waitress when I was there with Storemy a few weeks ago, came in on Saturday afternoon! I made her up a little package to take back to the restaurant for me. And let me tell you, she was FLOORED. She could not believe it. She said it was exact exact exact and how did I do that, etc etc. I told her it was just magic, of course. She had come in with two friends and they were supposed to go do something else after their visit to shop, but this gal, she said she wanted to stay and hang out and sent her friends along without her. She stayed with us just chatting and having fun for 2 hours. I LOVE her! Such a fun day. We had a palm reader come in for the first time, she was awesome too. I think I talked more than I have ever talked in my life, about the potions and pheros to everyone that came in that day. I may have overdid the Summershine spritzing. It made everyone very chatty, and now I have two new besties. :lol:

Dear Potion Master, if by any chance there is one more bottle of Martha's Moon Goddess, could you put my name on it? Just got my sampler and I'm SWOONING!

I think there might be. I was holding an extra bottle for Martha and I told her I'd keep it aside for a month and then release it to the wild. We've got about a week to go. Check back with me, k?

I think there might be. I was holding an extra bottle for Martha and I told her I'd keep it aside for a month and then release it to the wild. We've got about a week to go. Check back with me, k?

Thank you! :kiss43::purr:

So sorry, but I am going to release my hold on Tyvey's CocoCinnaCarnation. I may regret it when I get my sampler, but from reviews, it doesn't sound like I was thinking it would.

Dear Potion Master, if by any chance there is one more bottle of Martha's Moon Goddess, could you put my name on it? Just got my sampler and I'm SWOONING!

Blackcat - the spare bottle is now yours if you want it! :) Let me know.

Blackcat - the spare bottle is now yours if you want it! :) Let me know.

Oh, WOOHOO!!! Let me scamper off and look to see if there is anything else I desperately need. :-) Thank you for remembering! :purr: