Love Potion: Summer 2016

AD-LPSummer16_1.jpg

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
APRICOT ~ Love, love, love! Romance, passion, femininity.
BANANA ~ Fertility, potency, prosperity; lightens emotional burdens.
MILK/BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
MAPLE ~ Love attraction, longevity; money attractant.
NUTMEG ~ Strengthens clairvoyance, luck, money, health, fidelity.
VERBENA ~ Mood uplifting, makes one attractive to the opposite sex, everlasting love.

*flails*

OMG YOU GUYS! This is, hands down, one of my favorite gourmand LP variants EVAH.

In the vial and wet, it's so thick - like it feels thick on my skin. Creamy creamy creamy vanilla and boozy caramelized banana. The LP base aspect comes out further along in the drydown - what I get on my skin after a few hours is a smoky amber, it's fabulous! I was totally not expecting that. So back to the creamy creamyness...the verbena is a happy brightness on top, the smokiness comes from, I think, the maple or the patchouli, but it's not woodsmoke-like, more sort of earthy. There's a separate sugary quality within the creamyness. At least one of the banana accords is also creamy, I think, but this doesn't wear as a candied banana, at least not on me. I can't get over the thick evocation of it, I love that quality so much.

In summation: creamy vanilla with the further depth of the LP base and mmm bananas! YAIS PLZ!

I'm loving way too many this release. First applied, this is absolute heaven. I get this boozy maple and a crunchy burnt sugar scent... I don't smell actual banana but it gives it this thick and creamy feel. The longer it dries down, the patch is threatening to bite me. Or maybe it's the verbena or combo of both? But there's something prickly about it. Hoping the yummy notes overtake the spiky patch/verbena. We shall see once this wears longer. I see a bottle or a few more samples in my future! The yum in the beginning is perfection.

Mmmm! In the vial this was creamy, vanilla sugar. I never actually got bananas and didn't know they were in there until reading the notes. The ever so slight fruity note I was getting I laid at the foot of the apricot, which adds a brightness to the sweet.

This has an interesting depth, layers.

At first it's the sweet, creamy vanilla. Then the patchouli/nutmeg (which I adore so much in Compromising Positions) lies underneath like a chewy, sticky delicious base - I'm sure the maple is adding to that sticky sweet "feel".

THEN I pick out the floral note, but it's SO complimentary to the apricot I think I nearly missed it. Put everything together and - WOW!

This is definitely FB worthy... Roll in like catnip worthy... Must have more.... :girlHeart-5:

Edited by NuTrix

This is YUMMY, like trying not to lick my wrists yummy. Creme Brule is one of my very fav desserts ever! I love cracking the burnt sugar layer and the contrast between that and the creaming custard. I love how this smells like the burnt sugar and it's creamy and vanilla with subtle hints of spice. YUM. YUM. YUM. DROOLING! THIS IS AMAZING! FB worthy!

I can't get enough of this one. I have tried so many of the LP variants, and I do really love some of them, but I've never found the one for me. Trust me, I have LPO and love it but there are days when the patch in it is too much. This one though may be THE ONE for me! It is so soft and creamy and smooth and I get zero patch bugging my head. This is so well blended and just gorgeous!

I can't get enough of this one. I have tried so many of the LP variants, and I do really love some of them, but I've never found the one for me.

This one though may be THE ONE

^^^ YES! This!

I've worn this several times now and just LOVE! When I ordered I got a few bottles. I don't think my sample will servive to delivery though :D

There aren't very many that I have done that with but I wanted to be sure I had this around for a while. This keeps wafting up to me and makes me breathe deeply every time I catch a whiff of it. It lasts on me too - my skin doesn't gobble it up. The loooong dry down isn't as sugary as how it begins, but it's so chewy and delicious to me - I just can't get enough.

I thought Pie in the Sky was going to be the hands down this NR round - and it IS good, to be sure, but my skin ate it up fairly quickly. I surprised myself by going for Summershine instead and, of course, several bottles of this. I didn't want to be terribly greedy - but I couldn't bring myself to order just one. If there are enough for everyone's adoration, and a few left later down the line, I will likely be ordering more :heart:

^^^ YES! This!

I've worn this several times now and just LOVE! When I ordered I got a few bottles. I don't think my sample will servive to delivery though :D

There aren't very many that I have done that with but I wanted to be sure I had this around for a while. This keeps wafting up to me and makes me breathe deeply every time I catch a whiff of it. It lasts on me too - my skin doesn't gobble it up. The loooong dry down isn't as sugary as how it begins, but it's so chewy and delicious to me - I just can't get enough.

I thought Pie in the Sky was going to be the hands down this NR round - and it IS good, to be sure, but my skin ate it up fairly quickly. I surprised myself by going for Summershine instead and, of course, several bottles of this. I didn't want to be terribly greedy - but I couldn't bring myself to order just one. If there are enough for everyone's adoration, and a few left later down the line, I will likely be ordering more :heart:

Good idea on buying a few FBs! I will get at least 1. Not too sure my budget will allow more at this time. Hopefully there wi be some bottles left when I can afford to get a backup bottle or two. I LOVE THIS ONE!

OMG I love this as much as honeyed LP, maybe more! I already put in two orders this month... dare I do 3?

Do it!!! :666:

Yeah, this smells like delicious dessert on me. I can smell the banana, but it's making the scent creamy. I don't know if I would want a full bottle, but I'll definitely end up using my sample up.

I'm super curious about this one, but the banana worries me a bit... I really don't like eating bananas, so naturally I'm not a huge fan of banana-scents either. But the other notes look so yummy. Will have to order a sample of this one of these days.

Edited by Midnight Requiem

I wish I got more banana from this. I get a lot of Patch and the maple goes burnt maple. Mixed with the Patch it goes a little tar like on my skin. But, that's me. For someone who loves fall & maple it's a sad irony that maple fragrance usually goes wonky on my skin. I was hoping for a scrumptious carmalized banana thing.

I'm super curious about this one, but the banana worries me a bit... I really don't like eating bananas, so naturally I'm not a huge fan of banana-scents either. But the other notes look so yummy. Will have to order a sample of this one of these days.

Try it! I don't get banana from this at all. On me, it's extremely well blended and is this yummy caramelized sugary creamy dessert scent. Hopefully it works on you too!

On my skin I think the maple helped amp the patch (and my skin does that enough).

Well Valentine was such a win for me I shouldn't be greedy. All these reviews are making me hungry though. Moo....

Edited by StacyK

Haha! About 2 hours after I applied, I started smelling this strong Amber patch hippie smell and thought, "who turned on the incense" and then realized it was me! So now I know I am a patch amper too.

Haha! About 2 hours after I applied, I started smelling this strong Amber patch hippie smell and thought, "who turned on the incense" and then realized it was me! So now I know I am a patch amper too.

I amp in some but not others. It tends to be based on ratios and what the other ingredients are. I'm thinking, on me, the combo of patch and maple here just doesn't work.

Try it! I don't get banana from this at all. On me, it's extremely well blended and is this yummy caramelized sugary creamy dessert scent. Hopefully it works on you too!

What she said! ^^^

I also don't get banana, so much as it add to the creamy "feel". I like banana, but don't particularly care for it as a scent for me to wear, which made me think this one might not be for me because of that. But to my surprise, the banana never come forward, that or it blends so beautifully that I don't recognize it as it's own individual note :)

Save some for me!! Damn yo! This is the BOMB! I normally do not like bananas on me- well I guess that really does depend actually.. What I meant is I normally do not like the smell of bananas, but this right here is delicious! It smells like a sexy dirty dessert. I can't explain it, it's almost like man and woman smell combined. I'm going to slather this on my husband and see if I want his banana. If it smells this good on me, I think it would smell incredible on him. My toes do this thing whenever he wears foodie scents. It's like they go inside my body and meet my eyeballs. This is a FB for sure, and I'm thinking this banana needs to be Banged!

• 1 month later...

Thinking about getting a sample of this one, by everyone's descriptions this has to be lovely.

You definitely should! It is so good and I highly recommend it! So far, this is probably my favorite LP variant. I love the smokey creaminess of it. ❤❤❤

• 4 weeks later...

I was a little worried when I first applied this one. Maple amps on me in an unpleasant, burnt-smelling kind of way that makes me want to wash the scent off immediately. I bravely waited it out here, and after about 20 minutes, I'm left with this gorgeous, creamy banana scent! I get no patchouli at any point. Just the initial blast of maple "burning" which gives way to something that smells like bananas and marshmallow Fluff whipped together. It's surprisingly light, and the dry-down is soooo sexy. Bananas and Fluff = sexy? YES. 100%. :D

• 8 months later...

Just tried this on...vanilla booze. Probably the maple and patch do this but wow! I will have another shot of whatever I am wearing!

Oh wait...maybe the cops

Edited by johnsonlisa90012

• 1 month later...

This has dramatically mellowed since last summer.

I admit, I wasn't a fan initially.

But- I. AM. Now.

#1 The Maple- a sad irony for me that maple often amps unpleasantly loosing its sweetness.

Here, whilst i do amp it up. its restrained somewhat, drown in a buttery, vanilla rich Brule. A maple I can wear without smelling like burnt pancakes! ;)

#2 The Dreaded Patch... Not only was the patch too much but... combined with the maple, in its "just brewed" form the 2 combined to amp on my skin in a way I didnt care for. BUT NOW...

Im wearing this today & loving it.

Im getting a rich vanilla Brule. Sugar crusted sweetness with a swirl of maple goodness. The faint whif of Nutmeg and passing hint of banana & cooked fruit adds a sweet complexity.

Delicious & sensually alluring this begs for EOW. Ah the sweetness! ❤

I can see this with a cop heavy sexy phero blend. BI, Sexpionage or BANG!

Perfectly congruent & a good deep cover for those hard to cover stinky blends.

I honestly think cops would make it even yummier. ?

Edited by StacyK

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I had a sniffle of this, and since I love Creme Brûlé, I ordered it a little while back but never opened it. I think maybe I read all the notes, and since my man dislikes both bananas and maple, I just moved on without ever giving it a chance since I have so many more lovely perfumes to play with. I finally busted it open the other day, and ironically he said, "This one! This one! Save this one for me. This is the one you can only wear for me." Not that I agreed to it, which isn't entirely fair since he has at least 6 that he's only allowed to wear around me.

• 2 years later...

I figured that I would bump this thread, since I see that there's a bottle up for grabs for the sale, & it may get overlooked. I bought a vial of this back in June, I believe ? And fell so deeply in love with it, that I immediately ordered a full bottle. I am not exaggerating in the least when I say that this is absolute heaven ! It's creamy, boozy, caramel ( at least, it reads caramel on me ) banana folded into that gorgeous LP base. It's one of the richest, most edible gourmands that I've ever tried - ever. If you're a gourmand lover, & you're trying to think of something to grab for your free bottle, I would highly consider this !

34 minutes ago, StrawberryKitten said:

I figured that I would bump this thread, since I see that there's a bottle up for grabs for the sale, & it may get overlooked. I bought a vial of this back in June, I believe ? And fell so deeply in love with it, that I immediately ordered a full bottle. I am not exaggerating in the least when I say that this is absolute heaven ! It's creamy, boozy, caramel ( at least, it reads caramel on me ) banana folded into that gorgeous LP base. It's one of the richest, most edible gourmands that I've ever tried - ever. If you're a gourmand lover, & you're trying to think of something to grab for your free bottle, I would highly consider this !

Thanks, @StrawberryKitten! I didn't catch that and I love that one! 💗

Just now, Kayla said:

For some reason, I never got a bottle, but I had a few samples. I am thinking about putting copscin it...hmmm...or maybe I'll just layer it with an OCCO or BBM. I'm glad that you have a backup bottle, @Eastwood22. :)

I'd say layer it. It's not that heavy of a scent, it could get overtaken by BBM, but OCCO's would be great. Butterscotch, Orange, Pineapple, or White, I'm guessing. You could also layer it with some Sugared's to mix it up. 

49 minutes ago, Eastwood22 said:

I'd say layer it. It's not that heavy of a scent, it could get overtaken by BBM, but OCCO's would be great. Butterscotch, Orange, Pineapple, or White, I'm guessing. You could also layer it with some Sugared's to mix it up. 

I like the way OCCO Butterscotch sounds with it. I love the sweet, gourmand scents! Great idea!

4 hours ago, Kayla said:

Thanks, @StrawberryKitten! I didn't catch that and I love that one! 💗

You are so welcome ! I'm very happy to provide the reminder, it's such a gorgeous scent, I hated the thought of it getting no love in the sale - so happy you got it ! @Eastwood22 that idea for the Butterscotch OCCO pairing is awesome ! It just so happens that Butterscotch is going in my order, so I'm going to try that out, too ! @Kayla it also goes amazingly with OCCO White, I pair it with that a lot & it's a gorgeous pairing, too.

@StrawberryKitten yay! 

Today has been hectic, first day of middle school for my daughter via zoom and instead of sending zoom classroom info for each grade, they sent one for whole school with about 100 separate zoom calls. This would be her first day of going from “classroom” to “ classroom,” and considering she’s new to different periods and doesn’t even know her teachers names, navigation was hectic. 
I ended up leaving to teach my noon (Zoom) class with LP Brule, Sarong, Ma Goddess, and 5 other mismatched scents leftover from the night before’s “smell here... now here...” sale game. (I covered him, too. There was a moment when he put Elementary on his knee because it was only place left!) When I came home, I ended up with Coquin, 10:31, Desperation and Djinn, Mommy’s Little Monster and god knows what else on me. I finally just scrubbed myself clean. I’m going to take my own advice of Brûlée and Butterscotch and lay in bed until someone demands something from me.

35 minutes ago, StrawberryKitten said:

You are so welcome ! I'm very happy to provide the reminder, it's such a gorgeous scent, I hated the thought of it getting no love in the sale - so happy you got it ! @Eastwood22 that idea for the Butterscotch OCCO pairing is awesome ! It just so happens that Butterscotch is going in my order, so I'm going to try that out, too ! @Kayla it also goes amazingly with OCCO White, I pair it with that a lot & it's a gorgeous pairing, too.

Good to know! I think everything goes well with OCCO White! Maybe I'll try it with BBM too.

@Eastwood22, your poor daughter! That sounds like an awful way to start school! Hopefully tomorrow is better. 

2 hours ago, Kayla said:

Good to know! I think everything goes well with OCCO White! Maybe I'll try it with BBM too.

@Eastwood22, your poor daughter! That sounds like an awful way to start school! Hopefully tomorrow is better. 

I noticed today that I have a bottle of NOCO White. I totally get the woman’s expression on the bottle! OCCO White does pair with everything if you’re a foodie like me. 
I did all the stressing and research for my daughter and made it pretty easy, she’s in a good mood now, so I guess she was relieved to be starting school. Plus she recognized kids in her class that she wasn’t expecting to see, so I’m very happy about that. Weds is my son’s turn for a new high school on zoom. 
I’m guessing teen pregnancies are way down this year!

6 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

I noticed today that I have a bottle of NOCO White. I totally get the woman’s expression on the bottle! OCCO White does pair with everything if you’re a foodie like me. 
I did all the stressing and research for my daughter and made it pretty easy, she’s in a good mood now, so I guess she was relieved to be starting school. Plus she recognized kids in her class that she wasn’t expecting to see, so I’m very happy about that. Weds is my son’s turn for a new high school on zoom. 
I’m guessing teen pregnancies are way down this year!

It's good that she had a decent first day. It's always nice to have friends/familiar faces in class with you. My kids don't start until September, but it's 2 half-days in school and the rest remote learning.  Everything keeps changing, so it very well could be a full virtual start by that point. Time will tell.