Atlantic Shore

Beccah

AD-AtlanticShore_1.jpg

OLIVE BLOSSOM ~ Peace, power, potency, fertility, healing, protection, lust.
BLADDERWRACK and KELP ~ Protection, money, psychic powers, sea spells.
LETTUCE ~ Cools lustful passions, chastity, love, divination, promotes rest.
COCONUT ~ Chastity, protection, purification, receptivity.
GUAVABERRY - Love, fertility, prosperity, magical attractant.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
SALT ~ protection, purification, grounding, feminine energy. Resurrection, baptism.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a really literal one to me - even if I don't retain a specific scent memory of the Eastern Seaboard (though I have been there), this is definitely ocean air and I have associated memories of that, certainly. I get tiny whiffs of the sweet elements but just really fleeting traces. I am reminded somewhat of Thane because of that brisk, bracing quality, so I think the fellahs will like this one if they desire a marine-type scent.

This is a little sweet on me at first because of the coconut and guavaberry but once it dries down and the sweetness fades, it is a clean ocean smell. Certainly different from Sandy Bottom. Sandy Bottom was more out on the ocean in a sailboat to me. And very different from Ocean Mist, another fragrance in this collection. This is more like a clean ocean scent that clings to you after walking on the beach. It is hard to explain but for those who live on or spend a lot of time on the beach like I do, you know what I am talking about.

Now, I am not sure I need the lettuce cooling my lustful passions but hopefully the vanilla offsets that aspect of it haha! Seriously - this is a very cool scent. I keep smelling my application points and am amazed at how "clean ocean-like" this scent is. Like all Mara's scents, it just blends into your skin and gives you something unique. In a business that deals in unique scents, this is a very unique scent. And again unique in the very best sense of the word. and the funny thing is, I cannot even place it in a summer or fall type scent category. Sandy Bottom to me was definitely summer out on the water. This is more the clean scent of the ocean clinging to you at any time.

If you like (or even think you might like lol) aquatic scents, give this a try. You will not be disappointed.

Edited by quietguy

I didn't look at the notes until now- and I must admit, I wasn't able to pick out any. My first impression was wow this smells CLEAN. Like freshly washed laundry hung outside and left to dry in the sun. I don't know how my nose interprets these beachy notes as a beautiful clean laundry scent but it does. Like a favorite cotton tee, still warm from the dryer. The longer it dries I'm able to pick out the aquatic notes and the salt. I would love to scent my sheets with this.

• 1 month later...

I got cocky and put this on the othe day. Thinking it had some "settling time" so let's go for it.

Whoa.. It's all serious man smell on me. To my nose, this is a nice, dark aquatic, very masculine.

This could be the scent for the guys who prefer a darker, manly aquatic. I get very little sweetness. Maybe, just whiffs at first. But, I would not call it sweet. This has darker layers. It would pair well with Charisma. Too sharp and manly on me, But, this would be wonderful on a man... at night. Waking on the beach, even better.

Edited by StacyK