Betrothal Potion 2016

Beccah

AD-Betrothal2016_1.jpg

Betrothal Potion

A simply gorgeous, delicately feminine perfume potion with a very specific purpose...for the marriage minded amongst us! The ingredients in this potion have come down in folklore throughout the ages as those that put men into a 'marital' frame of mind. Nearly 20 love attracting, commitment encouraging ingredients in all, such as Daffodil for assuring that your love is returned; Orange Blossom for eternal love and marriage - and a magnet for men; Neroli for sensuality and encouraging a shy lover; Peach for marriage, fertility, happiness and abundance; Sweet Dill for love and protectiveness; Basil for love, fidelity and empathy between lovers, Hyacinth for love, joy and the easing of childbirth, Sweet Pea for lasting pleasure and blissfulness; Pansy to ensure that your lover will yearn to be by your side when separated from you; Lotus, because no man can refuse a woman who wears it, and more... This potion tends to bring out the chivalrous side of men, and seems to inspire in them the desire to treat you like a treasure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Containing nearly 20 love-attracting, commitment-encouraging ingredients in all, including:

DAFFODIL ~ Regard, sympathy and affection returned, love, fertility, luck.
ORANGE BLOSSOM ~ Strong "magnet" to attract men, eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, thoughtfulness, happiness, tribute.
LOTUS ~ No man can refuse the woman who wears this; lovers reunited, protection. Symbolizes intellect,
mental energies and illumination. Inspiration, clarity, purification.
NEROLI ~ Relieves tension and anxiety.
SWEET DILL ~ Attracts women, love, protection of the home, affluence, good fortune.
SWEET PEA ~ Lasting pleasure, blissfulness, youthful attraction, friendship, courage, strength.
PANSY ~ Draws love, ensures your lover will think of you when separated, divination.
WATER LILY ~ Purity of heart.
BAMBOO ~ Protection, hex breaking, luck and wishes, fertility, wisdom, feminine energy.
BASIL ~ Love, fidelity, empathy between lovers.
PEACH ~ Love, promotes fertility, happiness, abundance, marriage, longevity, wishes granted

• 3 weeks later...

I have never tried any other version of this. I'm not even sure how many previous versions there are. I've always wanted to try it though so I'm so happy that I am getting a chance to try it. It is so beautiful. So feminine and pretty. I was worried about the floral notes being too much but the balance in this is incredible. It is so well blended that I couldn't really pick out any one note.

When I first put it on, it was very soft and light so I added more. (I should know better!) After about 15-30 mins, (not too sure), it started to bloom on my skin. I was imagining flowers blooming on my wrists, chest and neck. It's soft, has a touch of a creaminess (sort of like One True Love), and a touch of sweet. Nothing in this is overpowering though. Gorgeous! While wearing this, I felt like a grownup woman. I mean, I am a grown up woman, but I don't always feel like one. LOL!

Ok I wanted to wear this a couple of times before reviewing,

The Review:

This is a soft, youthful floral bouquet. Full of warmth, hope and promisises.

On application I get a bright, blended floral with a fleeting wiff of greenery. I smell the watery lotus & bamboo against the firmer floral notes of pansy & sweet pea.

On the longer drydown, this is a well blended, soft floral. It lays gently on my skin, leaving traces of youth and the first elegant blush of love.

The comparison:

This is very different, scent wise, from the original (or at least the one I bought 3 years ago). That's not a bad thing. As Luna said about Occo A, it's its own thing now.

The former B. Potion, on my skin, was full of notes that were painted in bolder strokes. It was dancing daffodils and that distinctive dill note. It has a wonderful herbal character that gave me visions of those long green stalks and slender leaves dancing in the bright sun. With the other florals happily joining in. It's a vibrant green, floral. The splash of orange blossom lending a sunshiny brightness.

This current B. Potion is, on my skin, a well blened, softer version. With the herbals far in the background. The addition of the lotus & bamboo add a lovely mist of moisture to the gathered flowers.

The notes blend together fully, forming a beautifully gathered bridal bouquet. Pefect for holding hands, dreaming about the future and taking a long walk on a sunny day. I can see this version, perhaps, having a broader appeal.

Both versions are throughly congruent with their intent.

ETA for those that want a serious comparison, if I were to make an analogy I'd say {not scent wise of course}, it reminded me of the difference between Bosom Bows, past and present. The former is much bolder. But, both are excellent.

This is the only version of BP that I've tried, so I have nothing to compare it to. It's just what I was hoping for. Wearing it, I felt light and happy and young, and like I was walking through a garden on a sunny day. It is indeed romantic and sweet and I think I may have to get a FB.

This is the only version of BP that I've tried, so I have nothing to compare it to. It's just what I was hoping for. Wearing it, I felt light and happy and young, and like I was walking through a garden on a sunny day. It is indeed romantic and sweet and I think I may have to get a FB.

It is very pretty, warm young love in a bottle. I bet, like the former version & Vampire Bait, it will age well too. Definitely FB worthy.

Edited by StacyK

This version actually reminds me of Vampire Bait somewhat in that it's got a very well-blended middle, with an equal balance of floral freshness and sweetness. The 2009 version had much more of an emphasis on the daffodil and green stem impression. So anyone who enjoys VB would love this too, I think, and it's a lovely floral for people who don't usually like floral blends...but especially those who do!

This version actually reminds me of Vampire Bait somewhat in that it's got a very well-blended middle, with an equal balance of floral freshness and sweetness. The 2009 version has much more of an emphasis on the daffodil and green stem impression. So anyone who enjoys VB would love this too, I think, and it's a lovely floral for people who don't usually like floral blends...but especially those who do!

Yes. Definitely, on all counts.

I was starting to think it was odd that others are saying this is a young scent and I said I felt like a grownup woman wearing it. Then I remember I almost always feel like a 13 year old so it makes sense. LOL!

Yup I don't know myself anymore. My nose... Who are you? I usually can't do florals but lately I can't get enough. This is no exception to my floral love. I love this! It's such a happy and fresh scent. Just a enough sweetness, but a crispness too. I can't pick out any individual floral note, and that's good because I can't ever wear neroli lol. I keep catching whiffs of it and it's incredible.

I like this version the best! I get mostly peach, which is funny to me because I don't typically like peach scents. But with all the florals, it doesn't seem super fruity. More of a peachy floral than a floral peach. This is a perfect summer perfume! I don't know that I would use a whole 10 ml bottle, but I might get one and decant half out for me.

Betrothal 2016 smells like original Betrothal in alcohol spray form does to me. I like it, of course, because it's a beautifully arranged floral scent in any incarnation.

I want to like this. I liked the last version. I'm getting a lot of dill and peach and bamboo. Like it almost smells woody to me at the very back of all the floral freshness. It's very lovely if you like watery florals. It's bright and fresh and light. Just sadly not my thing. But since I have no desire to get married ever in my life, that's okay.

I want to like this. I liked the last version. I'm getting a lot of dill and peach and bamboo. Like it almost smells woody to me at the very back of all the floral freshness. It's very lovely if you like watery florals. It's bright and fresh and light. Just sadly not my thing. But since I have no desire to get married ever in my life, that's okay.

LMAO!!! I can relate to the marriage thing! I think about it and I love the idea and wedding dresses and shoes but then I think, nope. Too binding or something. (I should point out I've been in a long term relationship forever, like 11 yrs, but no real rush to be married.)

As far as this perfume goes, I think it's gorgeous, but I don't think it's something I'd wear a lot.

Edited by tink333

I was thinking about this. I actually DON'T love the idea of marriage, which is why I am not married. I could go into detail but this is probably not the right thread and it's probably boring. I'll summarize and say I'm nontraditional.

I do like the idea of a couch wedding though!!! ? Have the wedding and then watch shows. Perfect.

...But since I have no desire to get married ever in my life, that's okay.

LOL That's how I feel, sometimes, when I wear it. I like it but.,, Fool me once... :lol:

Definitely not interested in ever getting married again. If my partner was dead set on it, I wouldn't mind doing the ceremony w/ a dress, but nothing legally binding.

I think everyone should get married at least once. I am getting a lettuce note in this. Lettuce and black pepper. I don't feel extra sunny or anything, I keep waiting. Maybe because I have cramps and a disc hernia something. It's starting to soften up a bit, and I'm getting a little peach and something green. I don't know that I like this but it's not bad. As its drying it's more of a pretty floral. I think you definitely need to let this one sit on your skin for a bit so it's true scent pops out like a surprise proposal.

Lettuce and black pepper?! It's gotta be your chemistry aka shark week. This smells so peachy floral on me, not salad like at all hehe. Maybe try it again next week. I hope this doesn't smell peppery on me. Pregnancy has messed my nose up big time.

I think everyone should get married at least once. I am getting a lettuce note in this. Lettuce and black pepper. I don't feel extra sunny or anything, I keep waiting. Maybe because I have cramps and a disc hernia something. It's starting to soften up a bit, and I'm getting a little peach and something green. I don't know that I like this but it's not bad. As its drying it's more of a pretty floral. I think you definitely need to let this one sit on your skin for a bit so it's true scent pops out like a surprise proposal.

All tragedies are finished by a death, all comedies by a marriage. - Lord Byron

• 1 month later...

Betrothal Potion is such a pretty bouquet of flowers. To me, it's Spring in a bottle. Thankfully, it's not a flower bomb, but fresh and light, yet blooms beautifully on my skin throughout wear. I envision walking through a flower garden, feeling the cool grass under bare feet, whilst enjoying the warmth of the sun.

• 8 months later...

First few minutes makes it very clear Betrothal Potion is a watery floral. I amped Sweet Dill and Lotus upon application and after a couple of hours, Peach came through and became my favorite combination. But then Peach went on break, so next surfaced a soft duo of sweet pea and pansy. I really like those soft florals :love:

My first time with more than a few forals in this. What a sophisticated blend, I have been so pleased and excited the last few hours :emot177:

• 2 months later...

So I saw in the Potion of the Day Thread that lots of you seem to wear this. Do any of you have any reviews on how it behaves with something like Gotcha/PM/LFN? Does it seem to enhance the effects of pheros you wear or do you see a difference? Just wondering. Trying new scent pairings with those three and since I am REALLY trying to get TG to show more interest outside of the setting we usually see each other, this sounded promising.

Tinkerbelle, IMO this is a natural match for Gotcha and PM; I enjoy wearing both those pheros with this scent. They fall right in line with its "fresh young love" sort of feel. The scent enhances both pheros and vice versa.

Edited by Witty Kitty

Tinkerbelle, IMO this is a natural match for Gotcha and PM; I enjoy wearing both those pheros with this scent. They fall right in line with its "fresh young love" sort of feel. The scent enhances both pheros and vice versa.

Awesome!! Thank you!!

So I saw in the Potion of the Day Thread that lots of you seem to wear this. Do any of you have any reviews on how it behaves with something like Gotcha/PM/LFN? Does it seem to enhance the effects of pheros you wear or do you see a difference? Just wondering. Trying new scent pairings with those three and since I am REALLY trying to get TG to show more interest outside of the setting we usually see each other, this sounded promising.

Wk Is right. It's the scent of new love. Fresh, happy and optimistic. The "sweetbeart" vibe.

I'd say Gotcha, PM, LACE and Heart & Soul. They'd all be very congruent IMO.

Wk Is right. It's the scent of new love. Fresh, happy and optimistic. The "sweetbeart" vibe.

Thanks!! I am going to take it for a spin and see what happens.

Haha I also wear Lace and H&S with this too, StacyK! Tinkerbelle--if you ever get your hands on those (although H&S is in short supply now...) they'd be great with it too.

Haha I also wear Lace and H&S with this too, StacyK! Tinkerbelle--if you ever get your hands on those (although H&S is in short supply now...) they'd be great with it too.

Yep. Gotcha & PM are of course very on the nose there. But, I like having a lighthearted option that still reflects that sparkly sweet GF vibe.

:)

Edited by StacyK

• 7 months later...

I currently bathed in this scent and I love it.  With my chemistry, on first application there are some spiky notes which puts me in mind of been scrubbed clean.  They then settle down into a soft fragrance which soothes.  I am finding this this gives me self-effects - I feel much more calm and centred, able to take feedback in or see how I fit in a situation.  It also seems to be helping my SO be more affectionate in very gentle ways.  I had meant to review the other perfumes which I received last week but I keep on getting drawn back to applying this one...

On 6/29/2016 at 12:16 PM, halo0073 said:

Yeah almost 15 years for me. I don't even like the dresses. I'd get married only if it was at an Elvis Chapel and nobody else was there. Can I just marry myself on my couch?

Warning: there is exactly zero reference to the actual perfume Betrothal Potion in the following opinionated rant. If the perfumes name appeals to you, maybe skip my nonsensical ramblings....

I have married two different men, but I have had 3 ceremonies. The first Husband, I did the thousand layers of tulle, my dress was amazing. It was a $6000 dress that I found as the damaged sample try-on dress at a fancy wedding store in a size 10, I bought it for $600 had it brought down to a 6 for another $200, and then proceeded to glue hundreds of crystals all over the tulle! People told me not to, that I'd ruin it, like I'd wear it again? Turns out it would've cost $600 just to clean and box it up so I donated it to a thrift shop where drag queens shop. 

Second husband, I wanted to elope, but he wanted a wedding, so I told him he could make all the arrangements. Turns out, that's the same as eloping! We went to Hawaii, and 44 people came, because he called them. No invitations or anything traditional, and I was barefoot and 6 months pregnant.

My third ceremony was by Elvis in Vegas, again to Husband number two. His best friend was getting married, and was terrified, so we got married there with only him and his lady present the day before to show him it was no big deal. (She was having her ceremony there the next day on her parents 50th anniversary, it was where she got married.) It turned out that the Elvis used to play in a punk band the nervous groom used to go see, so we all hung out with Elvis that night and he wasn't scared at all the next day. 

Anywho, I've had a real fancy wedding and a beach wedding and an Elvis wedding. The part I don't like about weddings is that they turn perfectly awesome boyfriends into husbands. I will never ever turn a prince into a toad ever again. It's like bringing home the cutest little kitten, and then one day you wake up and it's a honey badger. 

On 03/04/2018 at 3:48 PM, Eastwood22 said:

Warning: there is exactly zero reference to the actual perfume Betrothal Potion in the following opinionated rant. If the perfumes name appeals to you, maybe skip my nonsensical ramblings....

Heeded :-)

On 03/04/2018 at 3:48 PM, Eastwood22 said:

Anywho, I've had a real fancy wedding and a beach wedding and an Elvis wedding. The part I don't like about weddings is that they turn perfectly awesome boyfriends into husbands. I will never ever turn a prince into a toad ever again. It's like bringing home the cutest little kitten, and then one day you wake up and it's a honey badger. 

Lol.  I have never married.  I must admit that I would love to have "the day" ... the dress, the public ceremony, the beautiful destination ... if my man didn't then insist on changing into a honey badger!

• 1 month later...

So what OCCO do you think would be best with this?  I am trying varying things with perfect match and this is going to be my next one but I always add in cops, and I prefer them in scented form.  I have ambrosia, white, gold, red in the occos. I also have  some of the newer scented cops from new releases over the last year. And I have  Beth’s blushing milkmaid. 

This seems so very fresh to me that nothing else mentally goes with it but if any of you have tried it or suggest one of those, I’ll give it a whirl.

• 3 years later...

WOW, just saw this was SOLD OUT.... so glad I have a full bottle.

Just a few days ago I was thinking that maybe, just maybe I had too many items from LPMP. However, seeing This Permanent Collection item sold out makes me glad I have some of my favorites  in still sealed full Bottles.

I wish that at my 1st Summer sale I had realized  that the inventory would just go poof and Items would not return.  

• 6 months later...

I just got my full bottle of Betrothal Potion now that it is back in stock. I had high hopes for this scent going by the description and the reviews, I love florals. But to me it smells like grass mixed with salad🤷🏻‍♀️ I haven’t completely ruled out wearing it, especially if it puts my long-term partner back into the marriage mood, but no peach or florals coming through even after half an hour. It’s that time of the month, so could my body chemistry be messing up the scent? I really want to smell the floral and peach notes!

Has anyone actually used it for the intended purpose of inspiring

commitment? I see a lot of you don’t want marriage, so I’m yet to find a review of effects on someone’s partner.

If you just received it, you may want to let it rest for a few days and then try again.  It's probably travel shock.