Mermaid's Kiss w/Hedione

Beccah

AD-MermaidsKiss_1.jpg

Mermaid's Kiss w/ Hedione

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

MELONS ~ Water magic, fertility
SWEET PEA ~ Lasting pleasure, blissfulness, youthful attraction, friendship, chastity, courage, strength.
PLUMERIA ~ Love, strong ingredient for love spells.
BIRD OF PARADISE ~ Beginnings, excitement, wonderment.
ALOE ~ Protection, luck, healing, success.
BAMBOO ~ Protection, hex breaking, luck and wishes, fertility, wisdom, feminine energy.
WATER LILY ~ Purity of heart.
JASMINE ~ in this case, HEDIONE ~
Self-confidence, anxiety reduction, prosperity; powerful love attractant, spiritual love.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
TEAKWOOD ~ Longevity, bonding, weathering all conditions, endurance.

This smells like shampoo... In the best way possible. A gorgeous shampoo or maybe there's one I've used that reminds me of this? I've been into florals so this is just what I needed in my life. First applied I get a blast of plumeria and sweet pea with a hint of juicy melon. Just a hint... The bamboo and aloe give it this cool and watery feel. A cold floral... If that makes sense. I need more of this for sure. I think it would be so pretty sprayed in my hair.

This is definitely a cool, fresh watery floral. The melons are a touch of juicy sweetness way in the background. I'm not really picking up the teak at all on my skin. I'm a teak fan and can usually pick it right out.

I agree with Hearts' shampoo description. In particular after this has dried way down. After a few hours it becomes the scent of freshly showered & shampooed skin. That's my favorite faze. I'll try it in my hair next time.

I like it. While I'd classify it with the cool & clean watery florals, this stays somewhat sharp on my skin. But, the long dry down is great.

Wow! This one really surprised me. I wasn't sure if it would be a "me" scent and I was afraid it would be too pointy on me. It smells so good in the sample that I decided to try it anyway.

It was a little pointy at first. I think water lily causes a pointy reaction for me. Not too sure though. Anyway, right away it is very pretty and the very mild pointy note went away fast. It's cool but not too cool. It gives me an image of warm lagoon like water, you know, where you might be hanging out with a merperson and possibly be getting a kiss from said merperson. It's smooth, warm watery cool (if that makes sense), lightly floral. The long dry down smell is gorgeous and is yet another scent I cannot stop huffing!

Edited by tink333

This is in that subgenre I like to call "mer-floral." If you like Mermaids of Atlantis or TAIL or Soaked or Totem: Dolphin or Sea Lily, then you should enjoy this one too. I think out of all of those it reminds me of TAIL.

As usual the hedione just adds that extra-special something to this one. Refreshing and cool, bright and sweet, with just a hint of the ocean underneath.

Mmm, I really liked this one! I'm not normally a florals person, but I was very struck by Luna's mention of the "mer-florals." So exactly right! This is pillowy soft soft and succulent -- it really carries that feel of a breeze coming off the water. The floral notes are made fresher and cleaner by the aloe and the bamboo, and the teak, amber and sandalwood are anchoring it so lightly I can barely detect them.

And the hedione! Mmmmmmmmm......

• 2 weeks later...

Wow this is really gorgeous! It's cool, elegant, delicate.. Perfect for summer. This is absolutely gorgeous! It's a morphed too which I love because you get to smell all the notes. Initially when I first slathered, I picked up on birds of paradise and aloe. Now as it's drying down I am getting the sweet pea and jasmine or some other floral, it's not overwhelming though,

It's really delicate almost powdery. I haven't played around with hedione, I'm currently at home not working - that's a whole other show- but I'm curious as to how many cupcakes one can acquire with it. This is probably going to be a full bottle for me, I can totally see myself wearing this in the winter time as well.

• 4 weeks later...

I keep coming back to this one. It's so beautiful and delicate. I love that it's this pretty floral yet it's so soft. There are these base notes, Amber and sandalwood, that ground this but I barely detect them at the same time. I love the long dry down of this too. It's such a perfect softness. I am adding this to my FB list. I love everything about this one. The label is gorgeous and this scent is gorgeous.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...