Pie in the Sky 2016

Beccah

AD-PieSky16_1.jpg

Pie in the Sky 2016

Coconut cream fluff mixed with "birthday cake"-style vanilla and buttercream topping a yummy graham cracker crust... This is the creamiest dreamiest rich and mouthwatering fragrance; we must insist you do not attempt to eat your own arm after applying (and you'll have to prevent random acts of NOMing from others too)!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

COCONUT ~ Protection, purification, receptivity.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
MILK/BUTTER/CREAM ~ Nurturing, soothing, eases troubled relationships. Goddess energy.
EGG ~ A representation of the world or the womb.Fertility
, nourishment, cycle of life, feminine energy.
SUGAR ~
Attractslove
, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
OATS ~ Prosperity, abundance, sustenance, money spells.
GINGER ~ Fiery and fortifying, induces passion. Intensifies love spells and success spells.

Love, money, success, power. Ginger increases sensitivity in the erogenous zones.
NUTMEG ~ Strengthens clairvoyance, luck, money, health, fidelity.

Compared with my scent memory of the original brew, this is exactly how I remember it: an actual coconut cream pie. The filling, the whipped topping, the graham cracker crust.

Pie on my wrist! :eating-pie:

And I am officially jealous of whomever this can wear this and have it smell really strong because much like the original, this PitS is so sheer on me, I have to double-slather to get a good whiff on.

COCONUT CREAM PIE Y U NO LIEK ME?! :A002:

So IMO I notice a slight difference from the original. But I guess it's been aged for years, so that makes sense. The old version was more graham and fatty, thick coconut. I can literally smell the calories. This one is all toasted coconut and whipped cream. Light and fluffy and milky. I might grab a bottle anyway because I love me some coconut! Have you tried those Popsicles that are coconut flavor? The kind you can get at the Mexican market? It smells like a coconut paleta!

Hmm the first time I wore this it was very close to the original. Creamy dreamy coconut cream pie. But it was sheer and didn't last. So I waited several days, waiting for it to settle. Tonight I wore it and it smelled totally different. It still smelled pretty sheer but after a moment it turned into sweet coconut soap! Stayed that way for quite awhile before fading away altogether. Soooo, I'm going to have to test it again. This was on my full bottle list after the first time trying it, but not after tonight. A real mystery.

I thought this was a sure thing. Oh, in the vial - divine! Creamy, nutty, vanilla.

Then - uh-oh - the nutmeg really started to amp on me :(

BUT - Maybe 20 minutes in it settled down :w00t: That doesn't usually happen! Once cinnamon or nutmeg amp on me it's normally game over for that fragrance. Instead the nutmeg backed off and curled into the milk/butter/cream, egg and oats creating this creamy and graham-like "flavor".

I had just about written it off when it turned around on me! :) Now I think I will need a bottle after all. It DOES seem light - for as creamy and delicious as it is, I have to put my nose to the app spot - but it's definitely there - kind of like my skin naturally smells this good ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Comparing this to the original, on me the first brew is a bit more buttery, this version is more coconut forward, all I can smell is coconut, it's been about 5 minutes and my skin has devoured it. I'll have to try this one again in a few days when my chemistry is not hangry.

Yes. I love the scent of this. Is not overly heavy or sweet. It's almost sheer'ish on my skin. But, poof! Very short lived. :(

I'm waiting a couple of weeks to try again.

• 2 weeks later...

I just received this in a trial size. It smells beautiful in the vial and when I first put it on its smells so good like coconut cream pie but it is very very sheer I can barely smell it anymore. I am going to try it again and maybe put more on. As Lady V said my body completely absorbed it and I get a small whiff here and there. Its such a beautiful scent so i want it to work for me!

Is it cycle time Stacy? It is for me.

Nope, it wasn't. It's was just very sheer and pretty. But, didn't last at all. I don't need my scents to last all day. I don't usually like that. But, my skin just made it go poof!!

I was thinking of adding just a minuscule drop of amber.

• 4 weeks later...

Sweet whipped cream and coconut with a little gourmand spice in the mix. At first application Pie in the Sky almost takes me to headache territory, but the "offending" note (not sure which) fades into the background and I get gentle wafts of sweet creamy goodness.

• 2 months later...

Yummy but light, this for me is an excellent sheer summer foodie. The coconut is to the fore in the first hour or so. Not a heavy or bombastic coconut but light and creamy. It gradually softens down to a lightly spicy graham cracker crust smell that makes the loveliest edible skin scent.

• 1 year later...

I picked this for bedtime tonight, it's cozy and comforting. I'm tempted to say it's a "my skin but better" scent, but that's probably because I've tricked myself into thinking I smell like BBM naturally since I so often have on some fairycake, or delicious vanilla, or BBM, or at least some OCCO White between the girls.

When it's still a bit wet, it smells a bit dusty. I think that's how I read the oats. And then for maybe 10 minutes after that, it goes almost boozy, and I can understand how some people say vanilla turns plastic on them. But once it's dry, it gets smooth and creamy, and a tiny bit toasty. Nutmeg can overpower a scent on me, but that's not the case at all here, I think it's part of the toasty vibe. For a sexy feel, I'd still reach for BBM, but this is like the cuddly version, the PDA version that wouldn't creep anyone out. If a man drove a long time to come see his woman, and when he got there she was asleep, if she smelled like this when he climbed into bed next to her, it would be just as good for him as her waiting at the door with a beverage and his slippers. (Clearly IMO.)

• 1 month later...

I love this! The first thing I smelled was the graham cracker crust, soon after, I smelled the cream pie bit pretty strongly. Now it's still creamy, but the graham cracker scent is a lot more subtle, now. 

ETA: It's been about an hour, now, and while it still smells pie-like, it's become very sheer, as others have mentioned. I still love it, though. 

Edited by SugarKitten

• 2 months later...