Splendor in the Grass - for men

Beccah

AD-Splendor_1.jpg

GRASSES ~ Wishes granted, enhances psychic powers, protection.
VETIVER ~ Enhances perception of beauty. Love, sensuality, money, luck, hex-breaking.
BALSAM ~ Fertility, purification, strength, rejuvenation, calming and soothing, healing, protection, money, long life.
TEAKWOOD ~ Longevity, bonding, weathering all conditions, endurance.
MOSSES ~ Luck enhancing, financial success, protection, charity. Parental love.
CEDAR ~ Confidence inducing, balancing, grounding, energizing, money, healing, protection, purification.
SPICES ~ Sexual stimulation, engenders excitement and arousal.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, if you ever wished you could have a male version of Hoyden - I think this is it.

This is very three-dimensional to my nose: like walking through an overgrown backyard, that pervasive scent of sun-warmed green grass, and a touch of outdoor ambiance. At first I really enjoy the grass and vetiver combination, but over time I get a soapiness wafting up which might be the balsam - I don't think I do well with that particular note. But if you prefer the nature/clean green kind of scents you should try this one, and it is really appropriate for Summer - not too heavy to wear on a hot day.

I'm giving this one to Mr. "I like to smell like a tree," as he'll consider it proper man-scent. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

What Luna said except I do not get the soapiness on my skin. I always like to wear a fragrance 2-3 times before I post a review on it and I actually wore this one like 4-5 times before coming here to write a review, hence the delay.

This is the smell of the field out back that is surrounded by woods when the grass is high. It is outdoors: grass with woods on the edge. I am not saying it is a simple scent - there are certainly layers. But is is simple in the sense that it is ... outdoors.

This is a great summer outdoorsy scent. I have a FB.

I love the name and lable. I have to admit I loved the name (old movie nerd here) so much that I was a little disappointed when I saw it was a men's scent. :P

Well, it's grass. Like GRASS, when I first put it on. Just like a freshly cut lawn. After a bit I get wiffs of the mosses, woods etc. It dries down to an all encompassing "outdoorsy" scent with just a whiff of perfumed refinement. It's got a little of that Gentleman Farmer thing going on. Nice. But, it might make you sneeze when you first put it on. :lol: