Martha's Moon Goddess

Beccah

AD-PE-MarthaMG.jpg

An African incense style scent with a base of bright blue musk and a pinch of vetiver, blended with a trio of black coconut oils, and fruitily brightened with tiny drops of honeydew and cucumber.

This is amazing! The honeydew is prominent when I put it on, but the musk and the vetiver keep it from being foody and give the texture of a shimmering silk veil. The coconut oils round it out with a lush creaminess that reminds me of Time Turner. This captures the moon goddess essence perfectly -- it's luminous, silky and powerfully feminine and sensual. Just luscious!

Oh, Yay!! Great review BC. I can't wait to get my bottle. This really spoke to me. I tend to be very attracted to "Moon Goddess" scents. GOTBM is what brought me to LP.

Your description is very much how I imagined it. :)

Edited by StacyK

• 3 weeks later...

I really like this one, the watery fruity quality mingling with the coconut, which has that dusky-husky quality. The other elements seem very well-blended to me, providing an overall nuance, it's not just one thing, necessarily. Very intriguing!

• 3 weeks later...

What does blue musk smell like? I don't think I have anything with blue musk in it so it's hard for me to wrap my mind around how this might smell. I'm intrigued by it though.

ETA: Just realized it's sold out but I'm still curious about blue musk

Edited by tink333

It can be a few different things, depending on the blending. Usually blue musk is a flowery type of musk (Any Colour You Like has that kind of blue musk, for example), but it can also have masculine notes, or even sweet/tart notes like blueberry. Usually the colored-type musks are blended with ingredients to approximate a color from an olfactory perspective.

I think Blue Musk comes from the world of African incense making and is definitely a blend a things rather than a true musk. I think it is often a blend of coconut and musk, the blue being considered beachy.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

God I love this. More now than before.

The coconut oils have gone deeper.

When I first put this on I get, "black coconut nut/suntan oil musk". It's bright on the coconut oil with a dusky, fuzzy musk. I think HEARTS OR LV would like this. It doesn't come off as "incense" like we generally think of it. The musk is gentle but interesting.

The heavier coconut dominance lasts for awhile. So my "LP summer coco/beaches" sweet tooth is well satisfied.

As it wears on I begin to get tiny, fruity whiffs from the melon. The cucumbers there way in the background adding fruit and water to my nose.

The blue musk is subtle & hazy.

This sent would be great for meditation or sultry evenings. Wow.

Pretty & Unique. No one else is smelling like this. HA HA

Perfect to roll over bare shoulders on a warm night.

• 5 months later...

Eastwood,

These are the best descriptions. You'll notice it can vary slightly depending on your skin. But, generally the essence is the same feel on everyone.

Eastwood,

These are the best descriptions. You'll notice it can vary slightly depending on your skin. But, generally the essence is the same feel on everyone.

Thank you I have some serious packages coming my way! Edited by Eastwood22

Wet, I get the honeydew first. And then the essense of "blue,' with a bit of cool, watery cucumber. The name makes me think of night, but this is more like seeing the moon rise while you're still on the beach after a long hot day. The air is in the process of cooling down, but not enough to make you want to leave the beach. 

In the longer drydown, I get powdery softness, it is a comfortable scent, I liked Cheeseburger's "denim" suggestion. Like a big cotton sweatshirt that's been loved for a long time, the size women actually want to wear, although we never buy them for ourselves that big. If you got this on a guy's sweatshirt, he'd never wash it again, because he'd always want to remember how you borrowed his sweatshirt that night at the beach. And how hot you looked in it. He's had a crush on you for years, so loaning you a sweatshirt was kind of a big deal for him. This is a "crush from afar" scent, the woman wearing this is unattainable. More elegant than sexy, I think that's the cucumber talking, it makes it seem "cleaner" than any kind of sex on the beach scent.

Edited by Eastwood22