Tyvey's CocoCinnaCarnation

Beccah

AD-PE-TyveyCCC.jpg

Tyvey's creation in her own words: "Sweet carnation and sweet hard-candy cinnamon, about equally prominent; secondarily, a sweet and not too intense anise; all drowned in a vat of coconut cream." And it's exactly that! :)

• 2 weeks later...

It IS exactly that!!!! The cinnamon and carnation are so seamlessly integrated that they seem like one single thing, probably a flower, that exists in nature :) the cinnamon is NOT of the "punch in face" kind at all - just very thoroughly part of the carnation. On me the anise is not recognizable as itself but is lending a roundness and sweetness to the cinna-carnation flower :) The coconut cream is obviously there at the beginning and reads almost like a vanilla ice cream, and also amplifies the sweetness of the CC flower; in drydown it becomes more recognizably frosting-coconutty and about equally prominent as the CC flower. This is one of those LPs that feels well and perfectly aged already upon release. The real surprise is how close-wearing and subtle it is - from the notes you might expect it to be more obvious and insistent than it is. I have it on just one arm now but look forward to many big luxuriant slathers to come.

I also get vanilla ice cream vs coconut.

I adore this PE. It has the cinnAmon softened by the carnation and the anise just melts into the combined spicy tang of the cinnamon carnation blend. Oddly, those strong notes faded pretty quickly on me so I am hoping that letting it rest will increase the longevity and throw.

• 5 months later...

This is really interesting...the carnation and the coconut cream go really well together, the scent has a soft plushness to it overall, it smells like how carnation petals feel. I get more of a suggestion of spiciness at first, which I would expect from a carnation blend, rather than specific spice impressions. Like t don't really recognize this as cinnamon and anise, but I can see where those notes would bolster the impression of the carnation. Over time the spiciness is a lot more upfront, but the coconut makes a really lovely creamy-type base.