Canadian Postal Issues

Potion Master

Wanted to share this announcement we received from Etsy.

We are reaching out to inform you of the possibility of delayed shipments to Canada beginning on July 2 as a result of a service disruption caused by an ongoing labour dispute at Canada Post. The disruption will affect all shipments to, within, and from Canada that are handled by Canada Post. This includes shipments into Canada from other national carriers like USPS and Royal Mail. If you’re shipping to Canada while the dispute is ongoing, expect significantly delayed deliveries.

If the mail service is not working there right now, we can only ship via UPS or FedEx which is significantly more expensive. Please be prepared to wait out the strike or you may choose to pay for another shipping method, as we will not being using USPS for shipments to Canada during this time. This is especially significant at this time as our yearly sale will be starting in a few days. I do not want our Canadian friends to fret over it, we'll be happy to hold your packages or ship another method for you until this is all over. Best wishes for a speedy resolution! xoxoxoxo

Harrumph. Of course it has to happen during the sale... AND when I might actually have a little extra cash to spend for the first time in umpteen million years. Boo. (Although yay, if it means we get rid of the ugly community post boxes and posties get their jobs back). Still... boo.

We've already sent a few packages via Fed Ex and the cost is averaging around $20 per box. Just fyi. This is for a typical order of like 3 bottles.

What about atypical orders, like our sale orders? My box is probably going to be around 15 bottles! :o Eeps!

Would I be better off asking you to hold it for me than paying out the wazoo to have it Fed Ex'd?

Also, if I decide to wait it out for a while, but then find it's taking too damned long for them to settle the dispute, can I choose to Fed Ex my parcel at a later date? Or is that something I have to decide before I order? Just curious & trying to plan... life & the shortest path to new LPs. :lol:

What about atypical orders, like our sale orders? My box is probably going to be around 15 bottles! :o Eeps!

Would I be better off asking you to hold it for me than paying out the wazoo to have it Fed Ex'd?

Also, if I decide to wait it out for a while, but then find it's taking too damned long for them to settle the dispute, can I choose to Fed Ex my parcel at a later date? Or is that something I have to decide before I order? Just curious & trying to plan... life & the shortest path to new LPs. :lol:

I will do whatever works for you, Eggers. No worries!

I'll tell you, we've been fedexing stuff to Canada every day the last 2 weeks, and most of the boxes are between $18-$22. As long as you do not try to load a bunch of B&Bs in there, I think it will be relatively reasonable. We can find out via the weight and you can decide after you hear the price.

Eggers - I will fly it up there for you. Just have a nice meal of salmon waiting for me :lol:

Hi LovePotionPerfumes,

We are reaching out to inform you that Canada Post has withdrawn its lockout notice, which was to take effect today, Monday, July 11 as part of an ongoing labour dispute. As a result, shipments to Canada that are handled by national carriers like USPS and Royal Mail via Canada Post will not be disrupted while negotiations continue. If you ship with FedEx, UPS, DHL, or other non-national carriers delivering shipments into Canada, your services will continue to remain undisrupted as well.

Should there be any notice or update from Canada Post with any changes, we will notify you as soon as possible.

Best,
Etsy Shipping Team